really tough day

gja

Had to have our family pet put to sleep today and as felt down so have cheated and eaten choc biscuits!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:I would not mind as much but I am not even a chocolate lover!!! I am crisps ,dips and wine! The only possitive thing is I have avoided the booze!

I have kicked out of keto now and am scared of if I will get back and how long and hard it will be???

Please help, advise and support urgently needed:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Aww, im so sorry that you have had an awful day, you havent cheated in a huge, huge way. But Im new to this diet so I cant offer any advice about ketosis ect, I just didnt want to read your thread without leaving a reply x

ignore the biscuits you've had and get back on track now.

Any glycogen stores they have refilled will empty within 24 hours anyway, so any ketosis wobble will only be temporary.

Chin up and sorry about the family pet.

I'm really sorry you have lost a family pet. I'm an animal lover and know just how big a part of the family they are. But don't worry about your little blip you should be back in ketosis in 3 days.

All the best, Mrs Scoff.

It might not take as long as 3 days to get back into ketosis actually. Rather depends on how many of those biscuits you ate.

But getting back into ketosis is only part of CD. You'd have had to have eaten an awful lot of chocolate biscuits to have done any long lasting damage (even if you ate 35 of them, you'd only gain a pound in real terms - the weight gain you might see at the scales is water + glycogen).

Put it behind you, don't shout at yourself. You had a horrible day and you consoled yourself by using a technique that's always worked in the past - you ate. It's not a crime. And if you can get straight back on with CD, any damage done will be sorted in no time.

So sorry about your dog. Hugs :hug99:

Awww hun im really sorry! You might not of been kicked out of ketosis, think how much stuff is in a chocolate bar from the cambridge people --! Don't worry either way, its part of the greiving process! I hate putting my animals to sleep! Big hugs!!! XXX

Thank you all so much, I really want to stick to it so will read all my replies when I get tempted xxxx thanks all so much

Aww hun, sorry about the family pet. Don't worry too much about ketosis, as Lily said, it normally doesn't take 3 days if you only have a small 'blip'. You can flush out a lifetimes worth of carbs in 3 days, how long is it gunna take for a few biscuits to go? ;)

I know you don't want to think about it now, but remember how you feel now after 'cheating' and use it to stop you having another blip. Do you really wanna feel like this again? Remember, if hunger isn't the problem, then food isn't the answer. I know its a LOT easier said than done, but I do believe it is important when doing a diet as drastic as CD to evaluate our reasons for our food/weight problems.

Anyway, I'll stop harking on, I know you don't want a lecture at a time like this. Get back on the wagon tomorrow and hope you're feeling better soon xx

Back