Reasons for weight loss

Triplewhopper when is your wedding? Far to go??

Hamu that sounds terrible you say your partner might be leaving you :( sorry to hear that, I hope things perk up for you soon honey xxxx

wildtrapeze said:
Triplewhopper when is your wedding? Far to go??

Hamu that sounds terrible you say your partner might be leaving you :( sorry to hear that, I hope things perk up for you soon honey xxxx

Well let's put it this way, I have 10 months to lose 15 stones lol...

Anyone want to be my diet buddy?

I understand where people are saying smaller boobs..... I'm a 32F and in normal shops If you can find that size there always really grannyish and ugly... Instead you have up go to big booby shops like bravissimo!!!...... That said I am quite happy with mine :)

My reasons are:

1) Be fit for work...... I need to maintain a good level of fitness for work and if I'm a porker I can't do my job properly

2) I want to be healthy..... I don't want to be ill when I'm older just cause I couldn't control myself now!

4) I want to be in the photos rather than the one always taking them!

3) I want to look hot and sexy!!!.... I love being complimented and I love pretty clothes and dresses, I want to look good in them!

My best friend who I lived with while at uni, was always roughly the same size as me... And it filled me with confidence... She looked good as a size 16, so could I! Now she's lost weight and down to an 8/10 I feel a bit put out and left behind :-( sulk!

I'd like to feel confident
I'd like to walk into a room without feeling like people are staring
I'd like to feel beautiful
I want to be able to move more
I want to live to a ripe old age and see my son become a man
I want to go into a shop and not worry about what sizes they sell
I want to fit into 'Roxy', 'O'Neill', 'Quiksilver' brands!
I want to learn to Pole Dance
I want to wear a bathing suit and not feel like a whale
I want to buy my bras ANYWHERE including La Senza or Primark if i wanted!!!

There are also a million more reasons!

Lotty Big Botty said:
if I'm a porker I can't do my job properly.

LOL first time I heard/read this expression...

Makes me feel like a big walking gammon joint :-(

My feelings are hurt lol

TripleWhopper said:
LOL first time I heard/read this expression...

Makes me feel like a big walking gammon joint :-(

My feelings are hurt lol

Oh I didn't mean to offend...... I'm sorry, it's just the way I refer to myself!!

I'm a paramedic and am constantly running around with heavey bags on my back and carrying people down stairs. And I sometimes really struggle with my fitness levels and it shows :-(

I'm struggling a bit today, so some reasons from me:

*I want to be able to go out and not be obsessively pulling my top down over my stomach/bum just to hide my wobbly bits!
*Smaller boobs! I was was a 34GG, down to a 34FF now and hoping this continues!
*I want to wear a strappy top without a cardigan.
*I want to be able to have photos taken with my friends and not arrange myself so I am hiding behind all of them!
*I want to wear a bikini. A proper bikini (not a tankini) and like what I see!
*I want to feel like my fiance really really fancies me instead of just loves me for who I am (shallow maybe but we all want to be lusted over right?)
*I work with little kids and I would like to go to work and not have them make 'innocent' comments about how fat I am.
*I am an actress and for once it would be nice to go to the costume department and they can just find me something to wear, instead of making me something to wear! (The costume department doesn't have many clothes over a size 12!)
* I want to stop using my weight as an excuse for my feelings and as something to hide behind. I want to face the world head on and not be so concerned with how I look!

I am getting there with a lot of these but sometimes it doesn't half feel like a battle!!

G'wan morrigan! Excellent reasons, as are everyones! I completely concurring with you, I feel the same about my fiance :) of course everyone wants to be lusted over I'm sure!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

Hi all, can i join in?

I want to lose weight:

1. To feel healthy and fit

2. To go into a shop and pick a size 12 off the rack instead of hunting for a size 18

3. So i'm not the biggest in my group of friends

4. So i can look hot in a bikini when i go to visit friends in Australia ;)

Course you can Tracie!!! :D
I'm fed up of hunting for size 18's, and picking up a 16 too even though I know I won't fit in them!! And also picking up a size 18 and then folding it over my arm to hide the size tag because I'm ashamed incase anyone see's what size I am. Pathetic :( I think its pretty obvious haha!

Also, I'd love to be able to get a spray tan. Whenever an occasion has come up, like a family wedding or even just a night out, I say I might get a spray tan then chicken out because I got to stand there naked in front of a (more than likely) skinny girl.

And when I go on holiday I want to be able to strut around in my swimwear and feel comfortable. Not place my beach towel by the side of the pool so I can cover up as soon as I get out.

God, there pouring out now arent they! lol

Course you can Tracie!!! :D
I'm fed up of hunting for size 18's, and picking up a 16 too even though I know I won't fit in them!! And also picking up a size 18 and then folding it over my arm to hide the size tag because I'm ashamed incase anyone see's what size I am. Pathetic :( I think its pretty obvious haha!

Also, I'd love to be able to get a spray tan. Whenever an occasion has come up, like a family wedding or even just a night out, I say I might get a spray tan then chicken out because I got to stand there naked in front of a (more than likely) skinny girl.

And when I go on holiday I want to be able to strut around in my swimwear and feel comfortable. Not place my beach towel by the side of the pool so I can cover up as soon as I get out.

God, there pouring out now arent they! lol

Ditto to all these reasons!!! I ALWAYS hide the size tag and then hope they don't see it when scanning, although it's obvious that it is size 18/20/22 as i'm quite obviously not a mini size!!!!!

I also want a bikini wax but at my current size i refuse!!!

I think it must be added that apart from the obvious and consensual reason that is for our own health, only us know exactly the daily struggles we face.

Being overweight in an age where the media and society adopted the view that if we are not skinny, we are not people, let alone with feelings...

And since our ultimate goal is to be happy with ourselves, I find that talking and sharing these thoughts to our fellow minimins here really help.

From the million reasons I have to lose weight, the one I crave the most is perhaps the one that in an ideal world would be the less difficult to achieve, happiness.

I have gone through so many sad experiences just because of my body type, that every time I ask myself how can these people feel or give any love?

The truth is that some people have no love in their hearts and because they are not happy, they try to compensate that by picking out on us, trying to send us to the pit where we would be lower than them.

Don't allow anyone or anything take you down, don't allow your glimpse of happiness escape.

I am losing weight, I could lose my home, my family, my friends and everything else I have...
But one thing nothing can be take away from me, is the fact of who I am!

I am who I am and I will do this to be happy!
I will get control back from my life and I will do this to be happier!

*hugs everyone*

I had to get this off my chest, people who don't go what we go through can never understand...
But we know...

...we know each and everyone of us deserve to be happy, whatever reasons we have.

I think it must be added that apart from the obvious and consensual reason that is for our own health, only us know exactly the daily struggles we face.

Being overweight in an age where the media and society adopted the view that if we are not skinny, we are not people, let alone with feelings...

And since our ultimate goal is to be happy with ourselves, I find that talking and sharing these thoughts to our fellow minimins here really help.

From the million reasons I have to lose weight, the one I crave the most is perhaps the one that in an ideal world would be the less difficult to achieve, happiness.

I have gone through so many sad experiences just because of my body type, that every time I ask myself how can these people feel or give any love?

The truth is that some people have no love in their hearts and because they are not happy, they try to compensate that by picking out on us, trying to send us to the pit where we would be lower than them.

Don't allow anyone or anything take you down, don't allow your glimpse of happiness escape.

I am losing weight, I could lose my home, my family, my friends and everything else I have...
But one thing nothing can be take away from me, is the fact of who I am!

I am who I am and I will do this to be happy!
I will get control back from my life and I will do this to be happier!

*hugs everyone*

I had to get this off my chest, people who don't go what we go through can never understand...
But we know...

...we know each and everyone of us deserve to be happy, whatever reasons we have.

brilliant! :Dwell said couldnt have put it better myself !! :0clapper:

triple whopper, just tried to view your challenge website but its not letting me!!!

* Most things I want stems from more confidence
* Get 1 up on all those who bullied me through my time at school
* To be able to go out without feeling like I'm being pointed at and judged.

Want to fit back into my pre pregnancy jeans and to set a good example to my children about how lead a healthier lifestyle

triple whopper, just tried to view your challenge website but its not letting me!!!

Hey :)

I am updating it, just changing the location and doing some minor improvements to the site. It will work sometime next week only.

Its my pleasure to share with all of you here, without each others support here, we would be going through tough times doing these diets.

*hugs*

Triplewopper that is how I feel and I want to get back at all the ppl who had bullied me and taken advantage of me.

I want my confidence back and to be able to believe my husband when he says he fancies me. I also want to get my Crohns disease under control and be a fit mummy for my 4 kids.

Back