Reassurance please

Smudge321

Hi

Just need someone to convince me that it WILL happen for me.

I'm almost at week 2 of CD and finding it ok - I can honestly say I haven't been hungry once and although the first 3 days weren't brill, they weren't evil either lol, so I have managed to stick 100% and want to continue this way, but.....

I keep having the little voice in my head that says it wont work for me - that I will be the one that no matter how hard I try, it wont happen for me.

I know (well I hope) I'm being silly and that if you stick 100% the weight will definitely come off, but its a horrible self doubting thought :(

OMG what a miserable post lol will def cheer up for future posts

Last edited:
Hey Jan - you're not being miserable, just have doubt like we all do....trust me, this will work if you really want it too. I've never lost so much so easily and God knows, I have been there and have all the t-shirts. Just take it a week or day at at time and as the losses show, your self belief and determination will grow. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself and it gets easier, the first few weeks are the hardest I think. Good luck and keep us posted - why not start a diary to keep a record for you (and us)? Good luck!

You can do it and you'll look back on this self doubt and laugh your skinny little head off.
This diet can be tough but it works and I've tried EVERYTHING.
Take a look at the inspiration pictures and buy some trousers two sizes smaller than you're in now, charity shop was my main supplier, you'll drop sizes so quick it can dent your purse hee hee. Try the trousers on every week after your weigh you'll soon be giving them back to the charity as they will be too big. This weight loss malarki is very mental your head tries to trick you lots but it's a battle of the brain, the body will follow xx keep it up you will do it xx

Sensible side of me knows it will work but my head only has two thoughts at the moment -
1. its not gonna work for me and
2. thoughts of food lol :mad:

Thanks for the welcome - I'm so glad I found minimins and the support I know I'm gonna need. :party0011:

Last edited:
Thinking about food won't put any weight on, try out a virtual meal out, wonder what you'd order and after being on this diet for a while it will soon change, I started really craving smoked haddock and peas rather than huge pie and chips. another tip, smelling food won't ruin the diet but be warned, sniff too hard too close you could snort it up hee hee xx

Oh I know, it's the smells at the moment. Someone at work burnt their toast and I could have beaten Linford Christie to the toaster to get a bit and I don't like my toast burnt lol

I'm so inspired by all the posts and photos on here and one day I will be showing everyone mine :)

Last edited:
Food sniffing seems to be quite popular alright..........I was watching a guy eat a banana on the train the other day.....could almost smell/taste it - thank God he didn't spot me looking - I must have looked a bit demented lol

You'll do great. If you stick to the diet your body has no choice but to give up the fat. Even if you sat on your couch and didn't move a muscle all day you'd burn 800 calories which still makes you have a 400 calorie deficit daily so you will lose. Dont worry.

Hi

Just need someone to convince me that it WILL happen for me.

The diet works. Absolutely....without a doubt...if it doesn't offer yourself up for scientific research;)

How successful you are on it is up to you. Depends what you want. Whether you want it to work for you.

I remember feeling exactly the same. What if I can't do it? Okay...to be truthfully honest, I remember thinking "what if my metabolism is so knackered, it wont work". Now I know it doesn't work like that. It was me that failed diets, not the diet itself.

Anyway, I set myself a small target and got there. Then I did the "what ifs".

Woohoo...reached the 17sts. Okay...what if I go for the 16?

Blimey...did it. Cripes. etc etc.

I suppose it was a long time before I was truly convinced that it would work and that I could actually reach goal.

I had never reached goal! Before I knew it, I could see the light at the end of the tunnel...it was there, ready for me to reach out and take it. It's an amazing feeling to not only leave the fat behind, but to actually have the opportunity to get to that goal.

All it needed was for me to want it, and want it more than anything else that would jeopardise it for the moment. To value it above all other things.

So I suppose the question isn't, will it work for you. More 'do you want it to'. Really, really want it to?

I must admit to thinking at the start that it wont work but as you can see from my ticker I was wrong , now ask my hubby I dont say thay very often.lol.

You are doing fabby , keep up the great work and watch you waist line melt away.xxx

I do want this to work and it will work - I am determined.

Just looking through the posts and seeing the photos will keep me going.

Last edited:
Jan I was exactly the same at the start. Every year I would tell myself that this was the year I would loose 4 stone and every year I got to Christmas a bit heavier! I think the fact that you have got through to week 2 and havent cheated shows you are committed as they are the hardest weeks.Each week you will see the weight come off and that was incentive enough for me to keep going. As you can see from my ticker this has been the year I have lost the weight and even more than I hoped. Good luck on your journey...it WILL work for you and I wish you all the best:D:D x

Thanks everyone and ty Skinikki :)

I love seeing everyone's weight loss charted week by week - just shows how much actually disappears in a short time.

Last edited:
I've got a weigh in today eek lol but I'm so looking forward to moving that ticker along :)

I've set myself mini goals - will stick them into my sig to keep me going :)

Last edited:
Good Luck today Jan I'm sure the ticker will be shooting along.
Keep us informed
:)

Aww I can't add anymore into my sig - not enough characters :(

Anyone know how to change that?

Last edited:
you need to post more hun. 50 posts gets you more siggy space

Good luck Jan,

I'm into week 5 and feel fantastic, the weight is dropping off :)

You are doing brilliantly, can't wait to see how your WI goes later, good luck !

Sarah x

Back