Receipe for mullerlight/quark and jelly thing!

melarnz

Silver Member
I tried a dessert yesterday in my meeting which was soooo yummy. I got told what was in it but not the amounts. Has anyone any ideas?

Also, what is magic porridge (I think that's what it's called) I take it is some sort of yoghurt/cereal thing??

Magic porridge - oats (28g) mixed with a Muller light and left overnight- delicious xx

what is scan bran ??

i have never seen this before in tesco ?

OK, few queries on here:

I personally don't have Scan Bran but have 1 x Ryvita instead, I tend to have this with a bit of Marmite or tsp jam before or after my Magic Porridge (this and the oats is one of my Hex Bs). I'm not sure 'officially' if I should have the Ryvita but not a great fan of Scan Bran...

...which you can buy in class or at Holland and Barrett! I think it's quite like cardboard and you probably want to drink plenty of water with them too - there's a reason they're a Hex B and that's because they are chocker with fibre!

If you have the yogurt and oats and Ryvita/Scanbran you've only used a Hex B, providing yogurt is free!

If you don't use the oats as a Hex B and syn them instead (28g - 5 syns) so 5 syns if yogurt free!

Hope all this helps xxx

scan bran sounds amazing lololol not

but like everything else il give it a go :D just so i can make a cake lololol

scan bran sounds amazing lololol not

but like everything else il give it a go :D just so i can make a cake lololol

Actually I quite like it especially with laughing cow on it. :eek::eek::D

It tastes like All bran that has been squished down to make a cracker bread.

Makes you regular.. so they claim :eek: I cant remember if it does tbh I havent had it for ages.

I make the magic porridge just with oats and yoghurt topped with strawberries, kiwi, grapes and a banana. Don't have the scan bran and I am very regular.

I make the magic porridge just with oats and yoghurt topped with strawberries, kiwi, grapes and a banana. Don't have the scan bran and I am very regular.

Do you just mix the oats to the yogurt as they are or do you make up the oats first ith water/milk?

Just weigh 28g of porridge oats and add a mullerlight, put in fridge overnight and thats it. You need no water or milk. Smashing now the weather is getting warmer.

Regarding the muller light / quark and jelly desert query, I use one sachet of sugar free jelly, made up with half the water and allowed to go cool but not set. I whisk this cold jelly until slightly frothy - I then add one muller light gradually while still whisking.

When ultra fluffy, refrigerate until set in its serving bowl/s. Serves 3-4

Angie thanks for this, I also tried this in my meeting last week, but wasnt told half the water and allow to cool, I have been trying to make it with all the water and whisking straight in and couldnt work out why it was seperating!

Am I alone in liking scan bran? The more you have, the more you get used to it.....keeps you regular as clockwork and doesn't bloat you like bread can.

Regarding the muller light / quark and jelly desert query, I use one sachet of sugar free jelly, made up with half the water and allowed to go cool but not set. I whisk this cold jelly until slightly frothy - I then add one muller light gradually while still whisking.

When ultra fluffy, refrigerate until set in its serving bowl/s. Serves 3-4

Cani ask when to do add the quark .....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back