Recent convert from 'the dark side'

Hi am also thinking of moving back to ww, been yo yo ing between sw and ww and back to sw but am now actually gaining weight. List alot of weight with sw years ago but it doesn't seem go work for me now, and I no longer trust it. So think I will end up doing ww again

Hi am also thinking of moving back to ww, been yo yo ing between sw and ww and back to sw but am now actually gaining weight. List alot of weight with sw years ago but it doesn't seem go work for me now, and I no longer trust it. So think I will end up doing ww again
I can trust SW but I can't trust myself to stop eating when I am full or eating because I can. WW pulls the reigns for me.

Just a quick week 1 update. Couldn't get to scales last night so weighed this evening, so my first 'week' was 8 days but I've lost 10.5 lbs this week :D :D am soo chuffed!!

Just a quick week 1 update. Couldn't get to scales last night so weighed this evening, so my first 'week' was 8 days but I've lost 10.5 lbs this week :D :D am soo chuffed!!
Oh my goodness That is truly amazing Bet you are really chuffed Well done big pat on the back xx

Wow Wow Wow that's an amazing loss you must be chuffed to bits ...well done you ??? Do you do a diary on here ??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

im a ex sw member too im sik and tired of doin sw and failing then re joining so im joining ww on wed, i did it a few year ago and lost over 4 stone so fingers crossed i cn do the same xxxx

I am an ex sw'er too. It was the first diet club I ever tried & did well on it but when I look back at my little book my journey was very much a case of two pounds off, one on the whole time. Any subsequent attempts I've managed to lose about half a stone & then got stuck there even though the consultant could find nothing wrong in my food diaries. I was a bit apprehensive about joining ww as i'd only lasted a few days on it when I tried it in the past as I was so hungry but I can honestly say propoints is the best 'diet' I've ever done as it doesn't feel like one. I've lost 19.5lbs in nine weeks & lost every single week & I use my dailies plus the majority of my weeklies. I can actually see me getting to goal & maintaining this time.

Well done on your loss- great start!

I am an ex sw'er too. It was the first diet club I ever tried & did well on it but when I look back at my little book my journey was very much a case of two pounds off, one on the whole time. Any subsequent attempts I've managed to lose about half a stone & then got stuck there even though the consultant could find nothing wrong in my food diaries. I was a bit apprehensive about joining ww as i'd only lasted a few days on it when I tried it in the past as I was so hungry but I can honestly say propoints is the best 'diet' I've ever done as it doesn't feel like one. I've lost 19.5lbs in nine weeks & lost every single week & I use my dailies plus the majority of my weeklies. I can actually see me getting to goal & maintaining this time.

Well done on your loss- great start!
You are doing fabulously well done xx

I've to-ed and fro-ed between WW and SW in the past and always come back to WW. I love the concept of SW but sadly it doesn't love me. I also suffer from IBS and I have always found it improves hugely when I'm doing WW - the complete opposite on SW with all that veg and fruit though lol. I also found SW very expensive to keep up - now I'm all for making meals from scratch but I do like a frozen pizza one evening a week, and I need to know that I can have a KitKat without feeling that I have ruined the day and therefore (for me) the week.

Hi I have been doing slimming world since just after christmas and have lost 12 pounds but the last few weeks I have been unfocused and have come off plan a lot. I am starting to think it is because I am bored of the same food all of the time. I did the old ww plan about 7 years ago and lost weight but used to spend my points unwisely and then be starving in the evening lol. Thinking about giving the propoints a go though but don't really understand the difference? Can anyone just give me the basics of how it works? Might work better for me to shift the rest of the weight but as I need to do the plan online I need to make sure I will be suited to it before paying out!!

Propoints works pretty much the same as the old one except now instead of being able to 'save' points you get an extra weekly allowance to use on anything u want! And also fruit, and most veg are zero point! There is a sticky somewhere that tells you all about it! I love it so far :)

i didnt do sw but love the new propoints i love my fruit and so to be able to eat what i like ( of course i dont eat 5 bananas in a day) i dont eat the weekly pp but if i have a day where im not sure of something then i dont worry and feel i have broken the diet. all the best with your new journey with ww :D

Well I lost another 1.5lbs in my 2nd week, so am chuffed to bits :) Have started running again aswell. Got the C25k app for my phone and did wk1d1 on Monday, but felt it was too easy so in the gym last night I did a longer session on the treadmill with my trainer! Did 23 mins in total-walked for 3, ran for 3, walked for 1, ran for 3, then walked for 2 and ran for 10!!! Was soo chuffed. It was only at 6.5k/hr bu it was still 10mins non stop :) yey! Onl way is up!!! Or down on the scales :D

6.5kmph averaged out over 10 minutes? Thats pretty good going.. I'm not sure I could do that and I've been going to the gym for a year!! I don't think I'm physically able to run because I weigh so much, despite being a lot fitter. My fast pace walking is about 5.5, and i'm breaking into a jog at 7.

But yes on topic, I tried SW for a few weeks.. there are a lot of things I like about it.. if i stocked up with free foods/HE's i didn't have to organise myself every morning! And free yoghurts!!! But there was far too many downsides, like not being able to just have a damn sandwich!!! and feeling like a mars bar was the worst thing in the world taking up your whole days treat eating... bah!

The freedom is the best thing about ww for sure! It makes you see sense that yes a mars bar is naughty (!) but its really not the end of the damn world if you eat one!

hannata said:
6.5kmph averaged out over 10 minutes? Thats pretty good going.. I'm not sure I could do that and I've been going to the gym for a year!! I don't think I'm physically able to run because I weigh so much, despite being a lot fitter. My fast pace walking is about 5.5, and i'm breaking into a jog at 7.

But yes on topic, I tried SW for a few weeks.. there are a lot of things I like about it.. if i stocked up with free foods/HE's i didn't have to organise myself every morning! And free yoghurts!!! But there was far too many downsides, like not being able to just have a damn sandwich!!! and feeling like a mars bar was the worst thing in the world taking up your whole days treat eating... bah!

The freedom is the best thing about ww for sure! It makes you see sense that yes a mars bar is naughty (!) but its really not the end of the damn world if you eat one!

I did another run today. This time I did 4 mins walking at 5.5k/hr then ran for 20 mins!!!!! Was so stupidly pleased with myself. Ran at 6.5k/hr for the first 7 mins then spend up to 8k/hr for 6 mins then back to 6.5 for the rest! Then walked the last 2 mins, then did a 10 min walk to cool down :) am just chuffed beyond belief and my trainer is really proud of me!!! :D :D

Welshtigger said:
I did another run today. This time I did 4 mins walking at 5.5k/hr then ran for 20 mins!!!!! Was so stupidly pleased with myself. Ran at 6.5k/hr for the first 7 mins then spend up to 8k/hr for 6 mins then back to 6.5 for the rest! Then walked the last 2 mins, then did a 10 min walk to cool down :) am just chuffed beyond belief and my trainer is really proud of me!!! :D :D

That's brilliant, well done :)
I just wanted to share with you, I used to be terrible at running. I started off running just a couple of minutes at a time at 7k/hr. I gradually built that up, then had a knee injury and was told I may not run again.
But after losing weight, and some sweat and dedication, I now run 10k in under an hour, and am aiming to do it in under 55 minutes this year.
So, just wanted to say, if I can do it, so can you!!

~Crooked Smile~ said:
That's brilliant, well done :)
I just wanted to share with you, I used to be terrible at running. I started off running just a couple of minutes at a time at 7k/hr. I gradually built that up, then had a knee injury and was told I may not run again.
But after losing weight, and some sweat and dedication, I now run 10k in under an hour, and am aiming to do it in under 55 minutes this year.
So, just wanted to say, if I can do it, so can you!!

Thank you very much! That's nice to hear! I really want to do this :)

Back