Recently married...what docs do i have to change?..

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
..if any?

Hi all,

are there are any documents i have to change officially now that i'm married? Think driving license, mortgage and insurance are the main ones?

Thanks DD xx

Congratulations !!!!!!! Yes the usual bills need to be changed

If you've changed your name, just about everything should be changed! I got married in May 2012 and I'm still coming across things I haven't done.

The main things are driving licence, mortgage, insurances and bank accounts. I haven't done my passport as you have to pay full price for a new one and mine still has 3 years to go, I just make sure I book my holiday tickets under my maiden name so it matches the passport.

I made sure I carried a copy of my marriage certificate with me all the time, just in case I needed to show it. Some places won't accept a copy but as a temporary measure, it's usually ok.

It's a long process but got to be done unfortunately!

Oh hello my lovely, lovely friend Devon Dumpling..............I have missed you such a lot.

Congratulations, Mrs. D.D now !!!

I was in Cornwall 4 times last year and will be again this year. We will have that drink together,

lots of love and hugs xxxxx

I got married 4 weeks ago and so far have changed dvla, bank, credit card, car log book, dentist, opiticians, gas, water, council tax, vets and doctors! The list seems never ending. Most places are neeeding to see the orginal copy of marriage certificate so ive just ordered a 2nd copy in case I need to send it off anywhere else, then I can have 2 things sent off at the ssme time! Congratulations x

Oh hello my lovely, lovely friend Devon Dumpling..............I have missed you such a lot.

Congratulations, Mrs. D.D now !!!

I was in Cornwall 4 times last year and will be again this year. We will have that drink together,

lots of love and hugs xxxxx

Ahhh lovely Sue, I have missed you too! You're on, drink in Cornwall sounds fab! Going to head over to your diary for a proper catch up xxx

Thanks all! Guess what I'll be doing this weekend!! Xxx

I wonder how different the world would be if it was the man who had to change his name.....

I'm no feminist but I just wonder :)

Congratulations

I haven't changed my passport - no way am I paying for it as the same rate as a new one, they can sod of the robbing b*****ds!

I had to change my passport as I work in hospitals and have regular crb (criminal record) checks. If your documents don't match it causes all sorts of problems then... Same for my mate that works with kids. It's a pain.
Jeez I bet that hurt. This is polietical but CRB's don't always work as we have seen in the past!

I wonder how different the world would be if it was the man who had to change his name.....

I'm no feminist but I just wonder :)

Me and my husband both changed our names and it was his idea. We both took each others names as he said he didn't see why I should have to change my name and not him. He's so thoughtful bless him!

On the original topic, firstly congratulations DD!

I've been married three years and I've still not changed my passport, my PayPal account still has the wrong name and my mobile phone company have the wrong name too (despite me sending them a copy of the change of name stat dec three times they've still not managed it!). It's harder than it looks to get them done sometimes lol ;)

From my experience PayPal wouldn't change my name unless I faxed them passport, certificates etc and it felt a bit weird faxing all that to some unknown abroad so I just closed my paypal and opened new one in my new name!

Exactly what husband did, I just use his now and mine is still open under the wrong name. It was all to much hassle! The most worrying moment when I was changing my name was when I rang Barclaycard, who did it over the phone with absolutely no proof! That terrified me rather ;)

Don't forget HMRC for tax codes and other sorts.

I feel your pain...some things I still have in my maiden name cos it's so hard to change stuff!!!

X

Thanks all, best get making some calls then! Xxx

Back