Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Recipe-application for Mac

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by tisseltass, 10 September 2011 Social URL.

1. tisseltass

tisseltass Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.39%)
    Hi all!

I was looking to find a nice application for my macbook where I can store my recipes! Do any of you guys know of any good once? I would like it to be able to store recipes, for me to add the ingredients and it to calculate the calories/portion. That would be just awesome. :p

Many hugs!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Plumfoodie

Plumfoodie Paleo maintenance rocks!

Start Weight:
    200lb
    Current Weight:
    137lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    63lb(31.5%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Primal diet + kettlebells
    Hi, I use MacGourmet Deluxe and it does all of those things (although for it to calculate calories can be a bit fiddly as you have to 'map' ingredients to known items in its database or enter unknown foods). Expensive though, the 'regular' MacGourmet is a bit cheaper and might still have enough features for you. Both are available in the app store. :)

4. tisseltass

tisseltass Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.39%)
    Hey! Thanks for your reply! I just spent some hours researching appstore and I tried the MacGourmet demoversion, I did however find it a bit fiddly but with alot of nice things you could do with it, I just wanted something that would be really easy to use. The best one I found was SmartMeal, it allows you to add recipies, ingridience and it has a really nice mealplanner/caloriecounter feature that I loved. So here we go. :)

Nice to have a good way to keep track of your eating!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.