Extra Easy Recipe idea's please????

aimeesmumy2007

Hey all, I started back at SW on Monday and have been ok cooking so far this week but am getting a bit lost for dinners to cook. This week weve had spaghetti bolognese, home made chinese, chicken with jacket potato & veg, SW chips & egg & beans.

Ive been trying to keep things simple as im not the most talented cook in the world :eek:

If anybody has got any recipe ideas for the Extra Easy plan could you share? :D

Many thanks in advance x

pop over and look at the recipe thread, there are some great ideas over there and some have pictures - which I love as I like to see what something looks like before I make it. Also there will be some ee ladies in the food diary section which is always handy to check for inspiration. Hope this helps and good luck with your journey.

There are just soooo many ideas! Too many to write down. I agree with frugal fifer...have a look in the recipe section above. There are some great ideas in there, from easy peasy to celebrity chef standard! And what's nice about our recipe sections is that they're tried and tested by real slimmers...not just ideas from a magazine. The SW recipes, whilst usually brilliant can sometimes be a bit disappointing.
Also, most recipes from the internet or cookbooks can be adapted to being SW friendly with very little effort. Sometimes it's as simple as swapping oil or butter for Fry Light!

I've been following Extra Easy for the last couple of weeks and have made som really exciting thing- sweet chilli chicken with rice (also made it last week with stir fry veg and noodles), chicken and ham egg fried rice, baked bean and smoked bacon pasta bake, roast chicken dinner, spaghetti carbonara ...... The list is endless. I'm not really one for following recipes, I tend to just have a look at what I have and make up meals in my head.

The new EE cookbook is stuffed with recipes. The turkey meatballs and pasta was good and I'm doing chicken noodle soup this lunchtime with the leavings from last nights carcass. But fish pie, lasagne,pork (mince) and tomato pasta bake.beef stew cottage pie,stir fries, frittata It's well worth the £5.

Oh and the portions are so big I couldn't finish mine the other night!

I agree with Judimac.
I bought the book in class last week and the recipes are fantastic.
I am a real SW cook cook collector and have loads, but I still mostly make up my own things.
I think, however, that this is one of the best books and well worth the price!

Back