Recipe of the day

Ricisme

Ingredients
=======
Chicken Soup (1 pack)
Water (a dribble)

Instructions
=======
1. Take one pack of chicken soup and empty contents in mixing bowl.
2. Add a 'dribble' of water, enough to make a thick dough, stirring constantly.
3. Place dough on surface and flatten into a burger shape.
4. Place under grill and lightly brown both sides.

It's then a little like a pitta bread to hold and has a similar texture - the taste becomes even stronger than the liquid soup but different... give it a try - I have only had one so far (last night) but will do it again and experiment with consistency and stuff...

Jamie Oliver who?

There should be a sticky with all the variations and imaginative ways people find of 'legally' adapting the LT food packs - what does the team think?

:D

haha sounds like a good idea but i think the chicen soup tastes disgusting. im still sticking with my chocolate shakes and ice :p

Hmmm

...thinks about doing similar with chocolate milkshake powder and making a... biscuit? cake? brownie? Recipe 2 coming soon - watch this space... :p

Yeah - completely dry and solid Scamp - really VERY like a pitta bread! :)

...thinks about doing similar with chocolate milkshake powder and making a... biscuit? cake? brownie? Recipe 2 coming soon - watch this space... :p

ooo let me know:drool:

Well you can probably work out the recipe yourself - it will involve: powder, water and grill ;) - but I will be the guinea pig!

ill give it a try aswell, i have a spare pack.

how long do you pop it under the grill for?

For a bloke I found myself in uncharted territory the other week.... the home baking aisle of my supermarket !

I picked up 2 small bottles of Peppermint essence & Almond essence... a few drops added to choc shakes makes all the difference :D (seperately of course ;) )

For a bloke I found myself in uncharted territory the other week.... the home baking aisle of my supermarket !

I picked up 2 small bottles of Peppermint essence & Almond essence... a few drops added to choc shakes makes all the difference :D (seperately of course ;) )

you could always try them together. a minty chocolatey nut sounds good to me :)

then again im easily pleased;)

Grill to taste...

ill give it a try aswell, i have a spare pack.

how long do you pop it under the grill for?

Well I did it till there were light brown spots on it - but need more experimentation to perfect this recipe I'm sure... I'll bet Jamie Oliver doesn't get it 100% right first time when he creates a recipe!? :rolleyes:

Keep updating us on your 'refinements' so I can try it when you have perfected it
xx

Can we have these on LT??

According to the strict letter of the law that is LT then no.

But I lost 5 stone last year on choc shakes with essences added & chicken soup with black pepper / dried chilli flakes added :)

Ingredients
=======
Chicken Soup (1 pack)
Water (a dribble)

Instructions
=======
1. Take one pack of chicken soup and empty contents in mixing bowl.
2. Add a 'dribble' of water, enough to make a thick dough, stirring constantly.
3. Place dough on surface and flatten into a burger shape.
4. Place under grill and lightly brown both sides.

It's then a little like a pitta bread to hold and has a similar texture - the taste becomes even stronger than the liquid soup but different... give it a try - I have only had one so far (last night) but will do it again and experiment with consistency and stuff...

Jamie Oliver who?

There should be a sticky with all the variations and imaginative ways people find of 'legally' adapting the LT food packs - what does the team think?

:D

u must b bored

Someone posted last year that they had made porridge out of half a flapjack and half a vanilla shake. I haven't tried it myself but if you fancy something more solid and don't like the flapjacks on their own then it may be worth trying.

I hate the soup but may be tempted to try your "bread" out.

x

Someone posted last year that they had made porridge out of half a flapjack and half a vanilla shake. I haven't tried it myself but if you fancy something more solid and don't like the flapjacks on their own then it may be worth trying.

x

Ooooh I did that last time... only a few times but it was lush :D

I have made the crisps and they were ok, I used to add chilli to them too. It was a bit tedious tho and I could only eat half of them before I got fed up of making them!!!

The bread sounds good and might help with my salt craving!

Just a thought................. got anything that will alleviate a wine craving....... 2 weeks in Portugal and I have my alcoholic craving back... Food isnt the issue right now salt and wine are!!

Back