Recipe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would never have thought of using soup in a curry. What a good idea!

Hi Amanda Jayn

Mmmm, i love chicken noodle soup. I think ill give that recipe a go this week, love trying new recipes!

Hope your first week has been successful
Joanne x

Hi Amanda Jayn

Mmmm, i love chicken noodle soup. I think ill give that recipe a go this week, love trying new recipes!

Hope your first week has been successful
Joanne x

It's been OK so far Joanne. I am trying hard to eat all my points, but tonight I still have 9 to eat. Even if I carry four over to tomorrow that still leaves 5 to use up. However, I have just had my tea and feel full.

How are you managing with the points?

AJ

Hi Amanda Jayne, I'm a little like you too, I feel i struggle to eat all my points. I'm on 22 a day but im only eating about 17/18 each day. I'm not worried about it too much (perhaps I should be though??)

I hate the idea of eating just for the sake of it especially late on at night when i realise ive still got points to eat, and I genuinely feel I'm eating enough. I know i probably should be making an effort to eat them all. I might try having a mid afternoon snack (thats when i tend to feel hungriest)

Apart from that I reckon my first week has been pretty successful. I've got my weigh in tomorrow so I'll find out then. Have you had your weigh in yet?

Joanne x

Hi Amanda Jayne, I'm a little like you too, I feel i struggle to eat all my points. I'm on 22 a day but im only eating about 17/18 each day. I'm not worried about it too much (perhaps I should be though??) I think that the idea is to eat all your points and gradually reduce them as you lose the weight. If you eat too few, your body will think you are dieting and take steps to conserve the few calories you are eating:(.

I hate the idea of eating just for the sake of it yeah, me too especially late on at night when i realise ive still got points to eat, and I genuinely feel I'm eating enough. Yes, isn't it typical, we have all these saved points for the evening and don't want to spend them, however if we had none left I bed we'd be feeling peckish!:D

I know i probably should be making an effort to eat them all. I might try having a mid afternoon snack (thats when i tend to feel hungriest) that's a good idea, Joanne.

Apart from that I reckon my first week has been pretty successful. I've got my weigh in tomorrow so I'll find out then. Have you had your weigh in yet?

Joanne x

My weigh in is on Thursday. It will be interesting to see how you get on, Joanne...

AJ

Hi, no surprisingly enough it just tastes really nice, you could add some thai spices instead of the cummin or chilli, probably very nice. Carrots I think can be a bit bland and so can lentils but together and with the veg stock it is okay. The other thing I like about this recipe is that it makes a large saucepan full so you get a big portion for your quarter share and 2.5points.

You can use ordinary milk instead of coconut milk, I only use the coconut coz I don't have dairy.

You can use ordinary milk instead of coconut milk, I only use the coconut coz I don't have dairy.

I quite fancy trying it with the coconut milk though - I think it would make it nice and creamy.

you would need to pay attention to the difference in points, though. Here, skimmed milk is 0.5 points for 100ml and coconut milk is 6 points for 100ml!:cry:

Hey!

Just wanna say i've found so many recipes I can't wait to try out from this forum. It's an ace thread :)

Thanks to everyone who has posted a recipe on here and will post some myself once I come across some gorgeous low point ones myself...

Fi x x x

hi everyone!

i was just wondering if anyone could answer a question that i am now constantly thinking about?! I went to The Harvester tonight for a meal and thought i had chosen quite a low point meal but now looking at my eating out guide (which doesnt have the exact same meal in there), it seems to have been quite a high point meal. I had a grilled salmon with salad poatoes and peas. Does anyone know what points may be in this meal? The salmon was a large fillet and had honey sauce over the top.

Thanks guys ;)

deserts to die for

thanks calorie c.

those deserts sound great, will def try one of them next weekend, i find working full time its enough to get ur dinner made.
thanks again.

i had the roasted vegetable quiche today have u tried that?

ooohh! No, is that one you can buy or is it from a recipe?? I love quiche

x

Lol!! I know there is always just so much stuff goin on in this forum. Recipe sounds gorg, will defo try it out this week, thank you

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back