Recipe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just made the creamy chicken pie from this month's WW magazine. Anyone tried it?

Irene xx

I have just spotted this in the mag. It sounds so simple and yummy. What was it like? Also, I am rubbish with Cream of Chicken soup. Do you have to mix the water with it before it goes into the pie? Last time I tried COC it was all lumpy and gross. How did you do it?

Thanks for flagging it up :)

I haven't seen the recipe but usually if you use Campbell's condensed soup to make a sauce, you don't dilute it as you would for soup.

Tip - next time you're using it for soup, add the water a little at a time and it's less likely to go lumpy.

0 Point Thai BNS Soup

Low fat cooking spray
1 large onion, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
15g (1/2oz) fresh ginger, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 lime leave shredded (optional)
1 1/2 - 2tsp Thai 7 Spice powder (depending on how hot you like it)
600g (1lb 5oz) squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped roughly
600ml (20floz) veg stock, made from a cube
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped, plus some for garnish

1: Spray pan with low fat cooking spray and sauté the onion, celery, ginger, garlic and lime leaves, if using, for 5-6 mins to soften.

2: Add the Thai 7 spice powder and squash, and stir together. Pour in stock, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or so until all the vegetables are soft.

3: Throw in the coriander, pour the soup in blender and blend until fairly smooth (depending how chunky you like it).

4: Season and serve with more coriander sprinkled over.

This soup can be frozen :)

Here's the Carrot Cake Recipe. I don't know how much points are in it (maybe loads), I'm just making it for the xmas season.

2 cups plain flour
2tsp baking powder
1.5tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
2tsp cinnamon
1cup brown sugar
1.5 cups veggie oil
1 cups white sugar
2 cups grated carrots
1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple drained
1.5 cups chopped walnuts (or any nuts you prefer)
1 cup grated coconut

* Put the oven on at 180 degrees
*Depending on the size of the cake pan it makes 1 or 2 cakes
*Make sure you grease your cake pans

* Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt,cinnamon,nuts and coconut together.
* Seperately mix the oil and both sugars together. Then add and mix the eggs one at a time.
*Mix the flour mixture with the oil mixture.
*Add the grated carrots and crushed pineapple
* When finish mixing pop it in a cake pan and into the oven for about 30 - 45 mins or until knife comes out dry.

Frosting can be added if you like

the recipes on here are amazing. i will definatley be trying these. the bbq chicken near the begining sound amazing!!

I do a very quick prep Butternut squash soup, I slice it in half and deseed it and then roast it in the oven in it's skin until it's cooked (great if you've already got the oven on for something else.

When it's cooked I blend it and add enought stock for the consistency I want, and that's it, just BNS and stock, my five year old loves it.

Thanks Lydia aka recipe queen, these sound lovely.

Rachel the ratatouille casserole sounds yum as well, will definitely be giving that a try next week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back