Recipes for foodpack, Muffin,crisps,fudge cake!

Hiya

I want to try the Crisps tonight, but I can't see any pictures (I'm just getting those red x's instead).

Does anyone know where I can see pics please? I really want to try them with a Chicken & MUshroom pack, but scared in case I don't do it right.

Thanks

Helen.x.

Hi, Im new to this, so u must excuse the stupid questions.

VLCD does that stand for very low calorie diet...?
So can I use these recipes on the Sole Source that im doing?
Im coming onto my second week on monday of the diet, and how awful is this, but im getting sick of just having soups and shakes, need something to chew!!!
For some reason the pictures are not coming up so I cant see exactly how to set it out, but think I have the general jist.

And one more question, where can I get the pee sticks from? cos i want to check that im still in Ketosis, I like to check every few days, but have run out of the ones my CDC gave me.

Thanks
Emma
xx:confused:

Hi,

I am a returner to SS, having lost 7 stone with LL last year and now with CD. These recipes are a godsend!

Just had my first week back on SS and have lost 13.75lbs. Did Diva's crisps and the mousse this week. Thank goodness for culinary ingenuity.

Icemoose! Nice to see you still about! :)

Hi, Im new to this, so u must excuse the stupid questions.

VLCD does that stand for very low calorie diet...?
So can I use these recipes on the Sole Source that im doing?
Im coming onto my second week on monday of the diet, and how awful is this, but im getting sick of just having soups and shakes, need something to chew!!!
For some reason the pictures are not coming up so I cant see exactly how to set it out, but think I have the general jist.

And one more question, where can I get the pee sticks from? cos i want to check that im still in Ketosis, I like to check every few days, but have run out of the ones my CDC gave me.

Thanks
Emma
xx:confused:

Hi Emz,

Yes!Yes! Yes! That's exactly what these recipes are for. Go for it! Though i wouldnot recommend you 'cook' all your foodpacks.

Ketostis can be bought from Lloyds chemist (or any decent chemist I should imagine. Also your CD counsellor (if you are on CD).

Thanks so much for posting this, I been on Cambridge for over a month now and am started to get a bit bored, I am gonna try some oriental chili crisps later :)

Right guys how do you make the porridge with the husks......Karen has given me a tub and thought a porridge would go down well tonight, fancy a bit of comfort food.

Hi Sonkie!
Hope the porridge turned out okay? Have found that if you add more Pysillium Husks to the mix, thinking it will make it go even thicker - it doesn't! In fact, it turns slimy yukky! Some of my peeps find once you've whizzed it with your blender, put in bowl, if its gone a tad lukewarm, nuc it in the microwave for 20-30secs which warms it, plus fluffs it up a bit too!
Is also okay to add in your regular CD milkshakes! A good way to keep you regular if you don't enjoy the porridge recipe!
Good luck!

i tried the porridge it was vile like a snotty consistancy,
can anyone see the pics nxt to the recipes? coz they arnt showing up here. i would like to see the pics coz nothing i try turns out. i just tried the muffin and it was just like a flattish blobby thing not very nice at all.

Some of these recipes sound gorgeous :) mmm

Has anyone made a mousse with a tetra? I tried to make one yesterday but the end result looked like an extra out of Doctor Who.. Where did I go wrong??!?!

Yummy,
I just used the veg soup pack to make delicious crisps/ cookies.
I mixed the pack until smooth, I added some chilli flake seasoning (are we allowed that?) then spooned teaspoon sized blobs onto parchment.
I cooked them for about 1 .5 mins on the whole they were crsipy, but some were a bit thicker... but they were all very very tasty...
A nice way to use the pack!
Anne

i've tried some of the recipes and have to say they've not turned out that brilliantly-maybe its practice but the crisps were more like chewy chicken and mushroom cookies. Biscuits using meal bar successful though and taste quite nice. Fudge was a bit of a disaster looked and tasted more like mouse, although maybe thats what its meant to be like. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi guys, I'm due to start CD tomorrow and I think these recipes sound delish (hope they are!!) I have a skinny hand blender, the type that has no mixing bowl, it comes with a tall plastic tumbler, I used it to mash/mush my DD food when she was a baby, it's only a couple of years old....ANYWAYS...(I do tend to go on a bit) do you think I can use this to do my mixing for these recipes????? Or if not, can you remomend one that isnt tooooo expensive?? ttfn x

This thread is fab - I can't cook to save my life - so we'll just have to see if I can manage these simple recipes with our packs. Thanks to all who contributed with the recipes :)

Dawn xx

Back