Recipes for foodpack, Muffin,crisps,fudge cake!

im dying to munch on somehting and i have one pack let for today im thinking of trying to make a mint choc muffin...are they worth it? i loved the smoothie/ice cream thing i made earlier but i really need something more solid but im a bit scared incase it goes wrong....do u think ill enjoy this muffin?> xxx

cant wait to try these! thanks! x

why cant i see any of the pics on the first page

Well just tried to make some crisps out of a leftover lactose free leek and potato and it was pretty nasty. Way too salty and they didn't crisp up at all :eek:

I will try with one of my precious oriental chilli packs tomorrow *gulp*

Do you make them in a few lots? I'm wondering if I've made them too thick as I tried to get the whole pack onto one piece of greaseproof?

well i have made them last couple of days and first 2 lots were quite soft i have a 900watt microwave i got it to a T last night 1min 55secs and they were amazing so anyone who does not have success first time round try that xx

mmmmmm chilli crisps soooo good. wish id tried them earlier :))))
xxxx

I am going to try the banana chips tonight as i dont have savory sachets. I hope they come out ok, this is day 6 of ss and it will just be so nice to bite/chew/crunch something!

mmm imade them.... thy are a bit nothingy, not horrible but not amazing either mine turned out a bit like biscuits
xxxx

ok....so the banana chips are in front of me, thin and crispy but def lacking some thing....i think maybe it needs a sweetner, are we supposed to put one in and i just missed that bit or is my tooth just really sweet??? i am sure the oriental chilli ones will taste a lot better but i will have to wait to get a sachet of that. At least i am chewing and crunching!!!!

Is it me? Does anyone else think these recipes are just replacements for stuff we should be teaching ourselves not to eat?

In other words: If eating crisps, muffins, chocolate etc is what got people here, shouldn't we be learning not to eat so much stuff like that instead of finding ways to keep eating junk?

I am not ranting or putting anyone down, honest! I just just wonder how anyone can ever learn new behaviours if they are so intent on making the stuff they should wean themselves off of from shake packs (also, EW!! These cannot taste so gooood that they're worth all this effort - so there has to be something else afoot here....)?

Sorry if I am being a party pooper or anything - I am just asking because i am really curious about this.

Is it me? Does anyone else think these recipes are just replacements for stuff we should be teaching ourselves not to eat?

In other words: If eating crisps, muffins, chocolate etc is what got people here, shouldn't we be learning not to eat so much stuff like that instead of finding ways to keep eating junk?

I am not ranting or putting anyone down, honest! I just just wonder how anyone can ever learn new behaviours if they are so intent on making the stuff they should wean themselves off of from shake packs (also, EW!! These cannot taste so gooood that they're worth all this effort - so there has to be something else afoot here....)?

Sorry if I am being a party pooper or anything - I am just asking because i am really curious about this.

Actually, I don't see the recipes as replacements for stuff we should be learning not to eat. Because let's face it, if you take that viewpoint, then you could say that having VLCD products full stop doesn't work because it doesn't teach you how to control your food intake--an argument I've heard oh-so-many times, LOL.

Here's the thing. Many of us here have lots and lots of weight to lose, which even on a diet like CD may take several months. Almost inevitably, if all you have in those months are shakes, soups and bars, boredom will set in. I say almost inevitably because some people do manage to do this diet without ever resorting to use of a recipe. (My CDC lost all of her weight eating nothing but vegetable soups--I don't know how she did it, LOL).

I don't think I made a muffin until I was around three months in--but boy, did I wish I'd done it before. Just to have a different texture--something to chew--was a lifesaver.

If making a muffin makes the difference between you caving in for a McDonalds and staying on the diet, I say make the muffin, LOL. Besides, there are no foods we should be teaching ourselves not to eat. The moment you ban a food, the moment you want it. It's all about learning moderation.

The sole source bit of CD isn't about teaching you how to look at food, rather it's a break from food, a chance to lose weight without stressing about whether you've eaten all your calories/points/fat units, etc., for that day. It also gives you a chance to reflect on the reasons why you overeat so that when you're done with sole source and start to re-introduce food, you can think about what you're doing and why. That's where the re-education bit comes in, that's why it's important to work your way back up through the plans so that you can re-educate yourself around food.

That's the way I see it, anyway. :)

I'm just about to go and try to make some crisps out of todays soup pack, I wasn't looking forward to having soup but crisps sound good. Thank you everyone for those recipe ideas :worthy:

yukky to the muffins!... I don't like it at all

I can't make the crisps... I've tried several times. I put between 2 sheets of baking paper and pressed it really, really thin - like paper thin. Then cooked and cooked. They get steamy, and wet. Once they dry they are either rubbery or tortilla-like (which is OK but I was hoping for crispy). Any suggestions?

Back