Recipes for foodpack, Muffin,crisps,fudge cake!

OMG!!!!! I so cant wait to try these out... Happy days :O) Thankyou for posting x x x

Tonight for my tea, i made a choc mint muffin,broke it into pieces and layered it in a tall glass with another choc mint shake made up real thick and poured some skimmed milk over the top and had me a kind of sundae. It was grrrreat!

Tonight for my tea, i made a choc mint muffin,broke it into pieces and layered it in a tall glass with another choc mint shake made up real thick and poured some skimmed milk over the top and had me a kind of sundae. It was grrrreat!

Yummy, will have to try that!

What fab ideas!!!!!!:wow: Cant wait to try them all out :eek:
Has any1 had any thoughts what can be done with the porridge? Not a fan of it at all but ive some hanging around my kitchen and keep forgettin to take it back..

Such a cracking site, so glad i came across, so much help and great ideas, makes u feel your not alone......:hug99:

Hope you all have a good Tuesday:character00238:

WOW, I've just made my first muffin, choc mint.......it's heaven.

Does cooking the packs effect weight loss?

Other items available include- soups, shakes, tetras (ready made milkshakes) bars (i.e. cranberry, toffee, orange, chocolate, peanut & caramel) porridges (apple & cinnamon/ original) water flavourings (although these do not count towards your 3 meals a day)

You can also buy mix-a-mousse which makes your shakes into angel delight consistency type mousses :D

oh gonna to try some of these recipes as am struggling on the drinks alone.

Does anyone know where you can see the pics as i want to make the crisp and choc muffin but i want to get it right as i am not the best cook anyway.

Hi everyone!
I'm only on my day 4 and have tried the crisps twice! They are really yummy.
Have also made ice cream and muffin, at least it's a change from the soup & shake!

Just bumping up to remind people that you must not cook or freeze packs (except microwaving the porridge) if you are on SS.

The extra pack on SS+ (if applicable) would be okay though.

I know many of you do these recipe cheats and they all sound great, was excited to find them and when mentioned it to my advisor was told the Cambridge are very against it all as you lose you nutritional value (minerals/vitamins) so is bad for your health and she is VERY strict anyway, was gutted as loved the sound of the muffins and really wanted to try one. So out of curiousity all of you that DO these "cheats" has it affected your weight loss?? made it slow down?? Im asking as my first week I lost 7lbs, 2nd week 5lbs, 3rd week 3lbs, 4th week 2lbs.....getting very unmotivated as if ive plateueud or something, then again I was in innocent hope to lose 7lbs a week hahaha....got 2months to lose 2stone....which now seems hopeless, I mentioned to my advisor seeing as its all stopping/slowing down I might move to SS+ as Im losing motivation on SS, not because its hard, just the weight loss is slow. So if cheating makes it slower I dont wanna risk it. Cant wait for your answers......*dreaming of muffins*

I read this on another thread:-

Please do not make crisps or muffins from the packs. It depletes the nutritional value and puts you below the safety level.

Linda CD Counsellor
Counsellor to Inspiration Winner Slimmer of the Year Competition 2008
Cambridge Diet Sponsor of the Year 2007
Cambridge Counsellor Co-ordinator Committee
20 Years' Service Award
Special Merit Award Winner 2005

It seems to me that to go against this advice is like sticking our fingers in our ears and going la-la-la. I for one am not going to chance it, and intend to stick to the diet as is (however scrummy the recipes might sound - I'd rather have the 'real thing' when I've lost all my weight)! I also think it's bad psychology - like 'pretend' food. If you've 'trained your brain' properly on this diet, then you shouldn't really need 'crutches' like this anyway - should you? :confused: (I'm only on week two! But my weight loss is so good and I feel so great that I don't want to mess anything up.)

Reactions: KD
I know many of you do these recipe cheats and they all sound great, was excited to find them and when mentioned it to my advisor was told the Cambridge are very against it all as you lose you nutritional value (minerals/vitamins) so is bad for your health

Absolutely, though if you are having these recipes on top of your SS allowance (as in the 4th pack for SS+) you would still be getting everything you need in the way of nutrition...so it's not a cheat really.

Having said that, this thread does bother me because I feel sure people don't read my reminders about it :(
Ilovecambridgediet said:
So, what's the answer? I'd love to vary my "meals" as I've cut my bars out and am having just porridge x 1 & shakes x 2 ... so why can't I have the muffins on SS?

Sorry, I missed this one. What's the answer? Well, I suppose you coud look at it another way. It's an extreme diet that cuts out traditional food (if you SS). It could be a pill, or liquid medication like cod liver oil, but instead it's umpteen flavoured shakes, some you can make into mousse, loads of different flavoured soups, bars for those who do use them, even porridge (2 flavours). And flavoured drinks.

so if you are looking for variety compared to normal eating, it could be hard. If you are thanking your lucky stars that it's not a teaspoon of some revolting medicine once a day, the variety is very appealing :D

Absolutely, though if you are having these recipes on top of your SS allowance (as in the 4th pack for SS+) you would still be getting everything you need in the way of nutrition...so it's not a cheat really.

Having said that, this thread does bother me because I feel sure people don't read my reminders about it :(

Sorry, I missed this one. What's the answer? Well, I suppose you coud look at it another way. It's an extreme diet that cuts out traditional food (if you SS). It could be a pill, or liquid medication like cod liver oil, but instead it's umpteen flavoured shakes, some you can make into mousse, loads of different flavoured soups, bars for those who do use them, even porridge (2 flavours). And flavoured drinks.

so if you are looking for variety compared to normal eating, it could be hard. If you are thanking your lucky stars that it's not a teaspoon of some revolting medicine once a day, the variety is very appealing :D

I think you misunderstood me. All I needed to know was that "you shouldn't do it because you won't be getting the nutrients you need".... I love all of the shake flavours, but I'm missing chewing as I've cut the bars out completely due to slow weight loss. I wanted texture - that's all!

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice on here!

Back