Recipes for shakes

Im gonna go for the hot thing too.. just had my first ever shake.. vanilla with coffee, blended until smooth and bubbly.. it was yum...
pharmacist told me to never ever put lipotrim in the micro though... I like things hot hot hot, so i just add another splash from the kettle when in the cup... for my chicken soup tonight I am gonna kill it with pepper, I love pepper so if thats all it tastes of ill be happy... for choc I have the peppermint tea..... x

You're welcome She-Ra,

Glad you liked them, I too prefer the hot shakes, but I have a strawberry one cold every afternoon now. I have got my routine sussed now.
Vanilla Coffee - Morning, large and hot.
Cold Strawberry - Lunch
Peppermint Choc - Night-time, large and hot.

Loving the shakes.
Swapped my 2 remaining chicken today at WI.......never again, yeuch.

Tasha, you can lose the nutrients by putting them in the microwave. Good luck, get your first couple of days over with and it does get easier.

Nigella eat your heart out!:coffee:

wen i did lighterlife which i beleive is basically the same you could make the choc mousse thick and freeze very nice and if you mix the soup quite thick pour onto a plate covered in cling film and it maakes a big round crisp (but please dont take my word for it ) i enjoy it but it is up to your own personel choice

I'm actually sat here reading all these fab posts and putting off my choca mocha shake, that i have been dying for, for the last two hours! I'm also bursting for the loo.....how cool is that?

Thankgod I clicked the link to this site!! :)

I know, I'm giggling away to myself too......never thought that LT could be fun. So glad that I've 'met' you guys:D

morning i have half a flapjack crumbled up with half a vanilla made up strong poured over it (thanks nictastic), and giant pot of green tea, rest of the time, coffees with chocolate, chocolate with peppermint.Evening I have the soup, with added coriander seed, tarragon, tabasco and celery salt(stuff you sprinkle on bloody marys)

Oooh thats different. What flavour flapjack did you use and was your vanilla warm or cold? Its great to get different things to try.

I made the chicken soup today - I always use one of those hand held blenders cos the result is much creamier - and I added a little ground ginger and some chinese five spice - it was lovely!!!

i like spicy things so wondering is it possible to have the chicken soup with chilli powder and turmeric etc

I had half a peanut flapjack tonight for tea mixed with half a warm vanilla. It was ok, not great, not bad, but its an acquired taste for me, but I also love nutty chocolate bars so I will try the other half with half a chocolate. Its just nice to have something different. The bar is very nutty, so if you like nuts it should be ok.

These all sound so nice!!

I love coffee... im having a black one now... Cant wait to try the vanilla coffee in the morning!!

Is everyone just making a coffee and adding the vanilla? or adding a bit more water to it??

nothing makes them really nice, but its good to be able to have a warm breakfast before getting on the bike. I'll try the choc version too- (I make the half shake up really strong btw). Anyway I guess that's partly the point, to break the attachment to food and delicious or satisfying things. All of them are ok to me, quite palatable but I have to try not to think of them as tasty treats etc.

These all sound so nice!!

I love coffee... im having a black one now... Cant wait to try the vanilla coffee in the morning!!

Is everyone just making a coffee and adding the vanilla? or adding a bit more water to it??

I make coffee with a sweetner and 400mls of boiling water, then add the vanilla shake and zap with the hand blender.

Back