Recipes

colette199

Hiya

Can anyone give me any tips for what to do with the shakes soups etc over the next few weeks to help me stick to it?

Im on day 2 and Ive just been and bought some peppermint tea to add to chocolate shake?

From reading all the posts i know this forum is the right place to ask!

Thanks ladies,

xx

Hi Colette,

I just use powdered coffee in my three shakes and love them like that...

Then soup i just have as normal, I tried to freeze the choc for a couple of minutes into mouse but never liked it like that.

I do just blend mine with hand blender with the coffee and then add to a lovely big starbucks cup and put ice in... makes me think i am having something lovely

I love sparkling water too since on LT and I put that in a wine glass to try fool myself lol

good luck with it x

I just have the choc shake with 2 sweetners, either cold water or with crushed ice. I sometimes have black coffee or soda water.

ohh look nothing different :D not much to play with hun :)

I have peppermint essence in my chocolate and cajun pepper or curry powder (any dried spice really) in my soup.

Jo x

You are really not meant to add anything to the shakes/soup (coffee and peppermint tea are ok as they're allowed on the diet) - that includes pepper, spices etc. People do still seem to lose weight but I'm of the opinion that I'll get best results sticking 100% to the diet.

Also, sad to say but we're not particularly meant to love the shakes/soup/flapjack. LT is meant to get you out of the food for pure enjoyment sake frame of mind, and retrain your palate to like and want different things.

Good luck :)

Also, sad to say but we're not particularly meant to love the shakes/soup/flapjack. LT is meant to get you out of the food for pure enjoyment sake frame of mind, and retrain your palate to like and want different things.

I see the reality and purpose of what you are saying, but the truth of the matter is I think everyone is trying to make the products tollerable in order to stomach them.

I totally agree that anything that is not allowed should not be used full stop. But the things that are allowed such as tea, coffee and sweetners make it easier.

I personally could not drink the shake 3 times a day the way it is. I need to add sweetner.

If anyone can make them taste better within the guidelines then congrats to you all.

I am with Elle, although I think she is saying you can add, so long as it is allowed, ie...peppermint tea/coffee/sweetner.
If you look on the plastic bag you were given, it tells you what you are allowed, and not much.

I dont think the shakes are too bad...in fact, quite often it is more mind over matter. I know when I tried LT once before I was crying as I couldnt cope with the taste or smell...but second time, I knew I was so ready for this, and I havent had any problems whatsoever.

If, at the beginning, you are thinking, oh my word, I will never get through this..blah, blah, blah,,,,it is almost like negativity, and I am not in for that. I think we have to remain positive and keep looking to the reason why we are doing it and to the future.

Get your mind round the fact that food just doesnt figure, and your palate actually does change over the weeks. There is no way on earth I could stick to this if it was disgusting...and this is someone who doesnt particluarly like milk shakes! So, really, it isnt that bad...I think the worst part is thinking it is horrid.

If I were you, I would just persevere if you can and you will be amazed.

I use crushed ice; around 12-16 ice cubes and put it in big huge red wine glass, with around 300ml of water.

Soup, as it is, and again, I find it fine, but now use around 400ml of water rather than 300ml.

Hang in there; it is achievable.

One person said to think of the shakes etc as medicine to make you healthier, it worked for me to begin with, then I got used to them and now quite like the choc and strawberry shakes.

One person said to think of the shakes etc as medicine to make you healthier, it worked for me to begin with, then I got used to them and now quite like the choc and strawberry shakes.

That is such a good analagy actually acom....so true!

If anyone can make them taste better within the guidelines then congrats to you all.

Yes, and that is what i said - coffee in vanilla/choc shakes and peppermint in vanilla/choc shakes are of course allowed.

personally find the peppermint choc repulsive - but glad i tried it. keep meaning to try half choc/half strawb actually but never got round to it.

i just think the more you can do without breaking from LT 100%, the better your results are likely to be. That's simply what i find for mysekf - we all have to find our own way in life :)

Thanks for the replies everyone, ive tried a few alternatives on the shakes, but to be honest, i just prefer plain shakes and water, although to be fair im only at day5, i bet i'll want more variety in 10 weeks time!!

Thanks for the replies everyone, ive tried a few alternatives on the shakes, but to be honest, i just prefer plain shakes and water, although to be fair im only at day5, i bet i'll want more variety in 10 weeks time!!

You will probably find that you wont Colette.....honestly. Your palate changes so much..you might find that one shake is maybe too sweet and then decide you prefer soups....I know I used to love the strawberry and now I find it just too sweet, so cant have it.

Well done though, you are doing well!

ooo does that mean that eventually when i refeed i might like different foods?? that would be brilliant

I think it's more likely if you add something little, you'll keep adding and before you know it your shake will be just the drink to go with your meal (likely to be me)

ooo does that mean that eventually when i refeed i might like different foods?? that would be brilliant

LOl -have you not already found that the most prominent cravings are for healthy foods?

I surprised myself today by forgetting to add two sweeteners to my strawberry and actually preferred it!

I either use a shaker and add ice but I also love blending them with ice. The vanilla, I find rank on it's own so I blend it with ice, add a sweetener and spoonful of coffee and voila -iced vanilla latte!

I'm ending day 11, and finding I dont like the sweeteners in my choc or strawberry and am going off coffee altogether! (apart from the vanilla fix of course) That is definitely a new one to me!

We are all so different i can't stumac the flapjacks or soup and vannilla
but been fine on the strawberry and choc they have to be ice cold
but i can't drink water ice cold i can only drink it tap cold
also i find soda and sparkling water is a nice change to drink how boring but it works

debz x

I broke my blender by adding ice to the water!:cry:Although the remains of the shake were very yummy!!!

I don't like the soup but I love all the shake flavours and only add coffee to the vanilla. I did try peppermint tea with the choc but wasn't keen. I do use more water than is suggested on the bag.

Everyone is different but it is helpful to try other peoples suggestions, but for this forum I wouldn't have given my latte a try and now I start every day with one.

I do worry that I love all the shakes coz I have a sweet tooth as it is! Mind you, all I seem to crave these days is salad - especially red pepper - and salmon and prawns.

x

I love coffee in the chocolate shake, so glad I found this forum and read all the suggestions! I'm a Starbucks-a-holic BUT am not missing my frappucinos and mochas quite so much now that I add coffee to the chocolate shake! As for the flapjacks, I felt horrendously sick during the night after having one and was convinced I was dying haha. YUK! Took them right back to the pharmacy the following morning and swapped them for more shakes! Bingo!

Back