Recipes??

kezzyBee

Silver Member
This is gonna sound silly, but for some reason I have been craving macaroni cheese for days now and have obviously fought my craving so far! lol. Does anyone know of a low cal recipe for it that I could try? Don't think am gonna stop thinking about it til I've had some haha.

Hi, I found this recipe on a website. I do not make maceroni cheese. If I did I'd probably buy one of those prepacked ones from tesco. They are low calorie and you just put it in microwave. prob 300-400 cals for the meal. This is only as I do not like cheese in its solid form and tend not to buy it. Here is the recipe I found.

LOW CALORIE STOVETOP MACARONI AND
CHEESE 2 c. uncooked macaroni
1 (12 oz.) container low-fat cottage cheese
1 (5 oz.) can evaporated skimmed milk
1/2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions. In blender process cottage cheese and milk until smooth. Place in small saucepan and, stirring constantly, heat over medium-low until smooth. Add Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts. Fold in macaroni. Serve immediately or place in covered casserole dish and bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 8 1/2 cup servings.

Thank you for that :) Think I will try this out and see how it tastes...I will let you know the outcome!!!

Back