Recipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really Scrummy! You can also do it with Philidelphia Extra Light too, just not sure of the value then!

Syn-free Scotch eggs​
Free on red​

Shape sausage meat from Morrison’s Eat Smart Diet pork sausages around 1 hard-boiled egg, making sure that the egg is covered. Crush a Scan Bran with a rolling pin. Roll the covered egg in the crumbs until evenly coated. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC for about 25 minutes. Use the Scan Bran as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice for a Free snack on Original, or count ½ Syn per crisp-bread used.

Hot and spicy coleslaw

Serves: 4
Syns per serving: Free on Original and Green
Preparation time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
1 large carrot
113g/4oz each red and white cabbage
113g/4oz radishes
113g/4oz very low-fat natural yogurt
1 level tbsp horseradish sauce
3 tbsp freshly chopped chives
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method
1. Peel and coarsely grate the carrot, finely shred the red and white cabbage and thinly slice the radishes. Place all the vegetables into a bowl and mix.
2. Blend the yogurt, horseradish sauce, chives and seasoning, add to the bowl and mix.
3. Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to develop.

Fluffy Chocolate Mousse (serves 6​
)

1 syn on green (per serving)
1 syn on original (per serving)

1 sachet gelatine
100ml/3.5 fl oz boiling water
3 sachets cadbury’s highlights
4 level tbsp canderel
511g/1Ib 2oZ very low fat fromage frais
2 egg whites

1 – sprinkle the gelatine onto the boiling water in a bowl, stir to dissolve and set aside to cool.

2 – Add the highlights powder and sweetener to the F.Frais in a large bowl and stir well. Mix in the cooled gelatine.​

3 – Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then fold into the gelatine mixture using a metal spoon. Chill in the refrigerator until set.

Cheese and chive baked potatoes​

1.5 syns on green (unless using cheese as HEX - then free!!)
10.5 syns on original

4 x Jacket potatoes
57g/2oz quark
3tbsp freshly chopped chives
57g/2oz canned sweet corn
1 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais
Ground black pepper
42g/1.5 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated.

1 – Preheat oven to 190C. Wash and scrub jackets, dry thoroughly, then prick all over with a fork. Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for approximately 1 hour until tender.

2 – Cut the potatoes in half, scoop out flesh and place in a mixing bowl, reserving the skins. Mash the potato, mix in quark, chives, sweet corn, fromage frais and pepper and then spoon the mixture back into the skins.

3 – Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle the potato halves with cheese. Place under a preheated hot grill until the topping has melted and is golden brown. Serve hot with mixed salad and grilled tomatoes.​

Quorn Meatballs​

Free on green
15 syns on Original

MEATBALLS
1 large white onion, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed (Optional)
3 beaten eggs
3590g pk Quorn Mince
Fry light

SAUCE
142ml/ ¼ pint stock made from vecon
1 large red onion, finely chopped
2 x 397g/14oz cans of chopped tomatoes
1tsp dried mixed herbs
Salt and pepper
340g/12 oz dried spaghetti

1 – Preheat the oven to 180C To make the meatballs place the white onion, garlic, eggs and quorn mince into a food processor and blend until finely chopped but not smooth. Divide the mixture into 20 portions and shape into balls. Place on a baking tray sprayed with fry light and bake for 20 mins.

2 – Meanwhile to make the sauce place the stock, red onion, tomatoes , herbs and seasoning into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins until tender.

3 – Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain and serve. Place the meatballs on top of the spaghetti and pour over the sauce. Serve with mixed herbs.​

Great! Just been on that website to add to my recipes. Noticed that some of the things on there have changed and now hold syn values though (such as Bowyers 95% F.F. sausages). But none the less a good site to get some more inspirational ideas - I get bored making quorn spag bol all the time!!

One Pot Spaghetti Marinara - serves four

1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 onion chopped
1/2 pint chicken stock (sometimes you need a bit more so i make a pint up)
400g spaghetti
packet frozen mixed seafood (defrosted)
1 teaspoon paprika

soften garlic and onion in frylight
add tomatoes and bring to boil
add chicken stock bring to boil, then add paprika, give it a stir and add spaghetti, turn down to simmer
leave for 8 mins until spaghetti is nearly cooked and sauce has reduced
add mixed seafood, give it a stir and leave to cook for 2 mins
Serve!

I had this on a red day using pasta as hexb, need to calculate syns for chicken stock, but apart from that its free!!

I dont know if this helps, but there are loads of scrummy recipes on the Slimming World website, also the weekly magazine has loads too.

Take Care

Leah

Vegetarian Cannelloni (Green)

Hi, I tried out this recipe that I came across in last weeks Slimming World Magazine, and it actually suprised me how nice it was. For any of you who are interested in this here are the ingredients,etc

Handful of Basil
2 x 250g Pot of Quark
Baby Spinach
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
Salt and Black ground Pepper
4 cloves of Garlic - I recommend adding 5 or 6
1 Egg
500g Passata with Garlic and herbs
12 Lasagne sheets - or as many as you want.
170g reduced fat chedder cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 200c/400 f/ Gas 6, Soften the lasagne sheets, Blanch the spinach leaves on hot water for 2 -3 minutes drain throughly and finely chop. Beat the egg peel and crush the garlic, grate the cheese and roughly chop the basil

2. Place the quark in a bowl and beat with a fork until smooth, add the spinach, egg, basil,garlic and nutmeg, Season well with Salt & Pepper mix until well combined.

3. Spread 2-3 tbsp of mixture down the centre of each lasagne sheet (I found spreading the mixture across the entire sheet was easier) and then roll into a tube, overlapping the edges slightly.

4. Spread a layer of passata over the base of the ovendish and place the tubes seam -side down, in a single layer. Pour the remainder of the passata over the top and sprinkle with cheese.Place in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until bubbling or slightly golden on top. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.

If not using cheese as a healthy extra then add 6 syns to the dish. Other wise the entire dish is FREE on a Green day.

Hope you enjoy

Leah :p

Hi, I tried out this recipe that I came across in last weeks Slimming World Magazine, and it actually suprised me how nice it was. For any of you who are interested in this here are the ingredients,etc

Handful of Basil
2 x 250g Pot of Quark
Baby Spinach
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
Salt and Black ground Pepper
4 cloves of Garlic - I recommend adding 5 or 6
1 Egg
500g Passata with Garlic and herbs
12 Lasagne sheets - or as many as you want.
170g reduced fat chedder cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 200c/400 f/ Gas 6, Soften the lasagne sheets, Blanch the spinach leaves on hot water for 2 -3 minutes drain throughly and finely chop. Beat the egg peel and crush the garlic, grate the cheese and roughly chop the basil

2. Place the quark in a bowl and beat with a fork until smooth, add the spinach, egg, basil,garlic and nutmeg, Season well with Salt & Pepper mix until well combined.

3. Spread 2-3 tbsp of mixture down the centre of each lasagne sheet (I found spreading the mixture across the entire sheet was easier) and then roll into a tube, overlapping the edges slightly.

4. Spread a layer of passata over the base of the ovendish and place the tubes seam -side down, in a single layer. Pour the remainder of the passata over the top and sprinkle with cheese.Place in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until bubbling or slightly golden on top. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.

If not using cheese as a healthy extra then add 6 syns to the dish. Other wise the entire dish is FREE on a Green day.

Hope you enjoy

Leah :p

Some really great recipies ladies !!! we could all eat these each week and give them a rating !!1

Thanks to everyone for posting them x

Schwartz Chilli & Coriander Sausages

Schwartz are doing a yummy new dried Mix called "for sausages - Chilli & Coriander" and I made it last night using Quorn Sausages.

Quorn Sausages ( as many as you like)
Long grain rice
Kidney beans (or for extra kick, I used Asda Chilli beans which is just kidney beans in chilli sauce and its still FREE food)
Tinned tomatoes
Onion
Red or Green Chilli
300ml water
Pack of Schwartz Chilli & Coriander for sausages (5.5 syns for entire pack).

GREEN DAY: 5.5 SYNS FOR WHOLE POT.

I wont say how to make it as the instructions are on the pack but it was really yummy. If using the quorn sausages, an entire pot of this is only 5.5 syns. I made about 6 generous portions from this so thats less than 1 syn per serving and its very filling cos of the rice. You would have to adjust syns accordingly if u wanted to use sausages other than quorn. i WOULD ALSO SUGGEST HAVING GROUND CHILLI TO HAND IF U WANT TO GIVE IT AN ADDED KICK. oops...sorry caps :)

Brocolli and Sweetcorn Soup

Serves 4

2.5 syns per serving on a green day
6 syns per serving on an original day

1 whole head of broccoli
1 large onion
1 courgette
1 325g tin sweetcorn (no added sugar or salt)
mixed herbs
4 tsp Chicken Bovril (or to taste)
4 tsp cornflour
½ pint semi-skimmed or skimmed milk

Chop onion, courgette and broccoli and boil in 1 & ¼ pint of water – adding chicken Bovril and mixed herbs to taste.

Simmer until all veg are soft. Mash or liquidise.

Make up the cornflour into a paste with a little of the milk. Add rest of milk to paste, stir well and add to soup, bring back to boil stirring constantly so that it doesn’t go lumpy. When boiled simmer for a couple of minutes until thickened.

Add whole tin sweetcorn, stir through and serve.

Tasty and filling :)

Freezes well.

Hiya, one of my fave free red recipies is:

1 chicken breast
2 babybell lights (Hex A)
2 - 3 pieces of lean bacon

Serves 1

Make a pocket in the chicken breast and place the 2 babybell inside. Wrap the bacon round the chicken breast and place on a baking tray cook on medium heat in the oven for 25 mins and serve with fave veg.
I do this too but I use 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle mashed with some garlic to put in the middle instead :D Tis yummy.
Today I've made scotch eggs, veg samosas, mixed bean samosas, onion bhajis and bombay potato to put in the freezer. I'll srite the recipes out later if anyone is interested :D

oh and apart form the samosas being half a sin each, the rest are all sin free :D

OMG - my mouth it watering now LOL

Vegetable Samosas

Syns per Serving | Green – 1 1/4 Syns
Servings | Makes 8

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 300gm (10½oz) diced swede
- 100gm (3½oz) diced carrot
- 4tbsp peas
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 large sheets filo pastry, each sheet 28gm
- salt & freshly ground black pepper

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.

2. Using a non-stick pan sprayed with Fry Light, fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes until lightly cooked but still retaining a little “bite”.

3. Take off the heat and add the seasonings. Stir well, and divide into 8 equal portions.

4. Take a sheet of filo & divide it in quarters lengthways. Spray with Fry Light. Place a spoonful of filling at the end of a length of filo. Bring one corner over the mixture and then roll the pastry up in a series of triangle shapes until you are left with a small flap of pastry. Spray again and place with the flap underneath the samosa on a baking tray.

5. Repeat with the remaining filo and vegetables.

6. Spray the tops of the samosas with Fry Light, and cook in the pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned and crisp

For the mixed bean ones just get a tin of mixed beans and fry them lightly with some garlic then do the same as above.

I found I did need a dip with these as they are quite dry so I just got some extra low fat fromage frais and mixed in a bit of curry powder :)

Syn-Free Onion Bhajees

Syns per Serving | Green – Syn Free
Servings | 4

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 3 onions, sliced finely
- 1 heaped tsp curry powder
- 400gm can chickpeas, drained
- fresh chopped coriander

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / 425F / Gas 7.

2. Using a non-stick pan sprayed with Fry Light, fry the onion and curry powder for about 10 minutes until very soft and brown. Set half of the mixture to one side.

3. Add the drained tin of chickpeas to the other half of the onion mixture and process using a food processor or hand blender.

4. Add the reserved half of the onion mixture and some chopped fresh coriander, mix well and shape into balls. Put the balls onto a try or into a bun tray and cook until golden brown.

I found this a bit sloppy the first time I made it so I just added some plain cous cous to the mixture which firmed it up a bit :)

Bombay Potatoes

Green: 6 sins (Free if using frylight)

(Serves 6)
Ingredients;
½ lbs potatoes peeled and diced
1 tin tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
½ teaspoon chili
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon garam masala
bunch coriander
1 tablespoon oil (6 sins)

Method
Heat oil add mustard seeds when cracked, add the potatoes and spices, liquidise tomatoes and add. Cook on low heat until potatoes are cooked, add coriander and serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back