Recipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOTALLY STUFFED MUSHROOMS

I've tried to copy a dish from the harvester's menu, which is what i order whenever i go there, and it tastes VERY similar to their version - yay!​

sins = free on both days(if using cheese as h.extra)
serves = 1

ingrediants
2 pack of large mushrooms
half a leek
half a small onion
3 light laughin cow triangles*
small pinch of low fat cheese*​

*count as one healthy extra 'a' choice​

1. turn oven on, remove stalks from mushrooms and lay on a baking tray open side up.
2. finely chop the leek and blanch in pan of boiling water for a few minutes.
3. finely chop the onion and mushroom stalks and fry in frylight until softened.
4. drain the leeks and add to the onion.
5. add the 3 cheese traingles and stir over a low heat so the cheese melts.
6. fill the mushrooms with the mixture and put in the oven for around 10 minutes.
7. top the mushrooms with the grated cheese and leave a few more minutes for the cheese to melt.​

they're VERY tasty and i serve mine with a jacket potato, peas and some bbq sauce, but you can have it with anything as it's free on both days. they would probably be lovely with a steak!

This is a recipe from ww, but perfectly fine on a red day

Egg and Bacon Salad
javascript:AddToMyFavorites() javascript:SendToAFriend() Salads & side dishes

Servings: 4

You'll love the combination of eggs and bacon in a salad - very tasty!

Ingredients
  • 4 medium egg(s)
  • 6 tablespoon natural low-fat yogurt
  • 2 level tablespoon wholegrain mustard
  • 1 teaspoon lemon(s), rind, finely grated
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 small onion(s), red, thinly sliced
  • 200 g lettuce, or large bag mixed salad leaves
  • 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped fresh
  • 4 medium rasher lean back bacon
  • 2 tablespoon capers, drained
  • 1 pinch salt, to taste
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground black, to taste
Instructions

Put the eggs on to hard boil for 12 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, mustard, lemon rind and lemon juice in a large salad bowl.

Add the onion, salad leaves and parsley. Season with a little salt and plenty of black pepper, then toss together.

Shell the eggs and quarter them. Arrange on the salad.

Grill the bacon until crisp, then snip over the salad. Add the capers, if using. Serve at once, whilst the bacon is hot.

Chocolate Truffles

Adapted from the Cook Yourself Thin recipe. Absolutely divine!!!!! :eat:

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

Total syns: 57.5
Makes approx 19 truffles = 3 syns/truffle
(can make truffles bigger or smaller to suit)

200g good quality chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
6 tbsp strong black coffee (such as espresso)
2 tbsp clear honey
2 tsp Splenda, or to taste (optional)
1 tbsp cocoa powder, to dust

1) Melt chocolate in a large bowl over simmering water or alternatively microwave until melted.

2) Gently pour in the coffee and slowly mix it into the chocolate until the consistency thickens. The texture of the chocolate will start to seize and thicken almost instantly.

3) Add the honey a tablespoon at a time and slowly mix it in until you get a highly glossy chocolate mixture. This should only take a couple of minutes. Taste and
add Splenda if desired.

4) Chill the bowl in the fridge for an hour or until the truffle mixture is nearly solid.

5) Sieve the cocoa powder onto a plate. Scrape a teaspoonful of the mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a marble-sized ball, then roll through
the cocoa powder until fully coated and pop into an airtight container. Repeat the process until all the mixture is used up and store in the fridge. Dust with additional Splenda if desired.

Chocolate Muffins

CHOCOLATE MUFFINS

Makes 24
4.25 syns each

1 box Betty Crocker Devil's Food cake mix
2 egg whites
1 can Diet Coke

1) Mix ingredients with hand blender or mixer for 2 mins. Pour into 24 cupcake tins and bake according to box directions.

Hi Made this sweetchilli mince the other day and it was sooooooo lovely theres a fear of me having it too much.
Spray frylight into a large frying pan and cook some chopped onions until transparent, add mushrooms and peppers and cook slightly then add Quorn mince and about 150ml of passata or sml can of chopped tomatoes cook for about 10 minutes. Then add red kidney beans and a tin of Heinz Mean Beanz sweetchilli flavour and cook for about another 10 mins. Serve with boiled rice. Delicious. xxx Loobylou

I made the cous cous cake for class and most people liked it but I personally like the chocolate cake made with All Bran and Mint Choc Options and an egg!

Mmmmmm;)

hi everyone I was browsing through the SW site & came across this recipe it looks really nice. Has anyone tried it?
Pasta quiche

1. Mix together 3 eggs, 150g very low fat natural cottage cheese and some chopped parsley.
  2. Make up a packet of Batchelors Tomato, Onion & Herb Pasta ‘n’ Sauce.
  3. Lay some chopped peppers, mushrooms and sweetcorn (or other Superfree veggies of your choice) in an oven-proof flan dish then pour over the Pasta ’n’ Sauce and cottage cheese mixtures.
  4. Pop in the oven at 190ºC/Gas 5 for around 30 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown.

Last edited:
A new recipe a lady just told us in class it has no name but sounds nice.

Free on green

1 Tin of Baked Beans
1 Large Onion
1 Tsp of Garam Massalla
Salt & Pepper

Dry fry the chopped up onion then pour in the baked beans and add the tsp of Garam Massalla and heat through mix well then season with salt and pepper.

Serve on a Jacket potato or with boiled rice.

This is one of my favourite meals of all time, best of all it is free on a gree SW day! Apologies if something similar has already been posted.

Very easy pasta sauce
Take a handful of lentils, a handful of pearl barley (and any other pulses that take your fancy!), chuck it into a large saucepan along with loads of chopped veg (my faves are onion, leeks, carrots, broccoli, peppers, etc, just chuck it in!!!), bring to boil and leave to soften down for a while (45 mins to an hour?), add a carton of tomatoe passata (or canned tomatoes), blend (to your preferred taste - I like it blended smooth but you can try it lumpy too) and there you go - a delicious pasta sauce - YUM!

Very very very simple and my kids LOVE it!

Hi - was trying to decide which of my recipes is a fave, but thought it easier to just let you all know about my website where they're all stored... but then I noticed someone beat me to it further up this thread (hooraaaayyy - fame at last!!!)

For anyone who missed it, it's www.freewebs.com/monkeypieface

Now that I'm starting again & looking here for inspiration, I should hopefully be adding to the recipes on my site in the near future :party0011:

Hi Made this sweetchilli mince the other day and it was sooooooo lovely theres a fear of me having it too much.
Spray frylight into a large frying pan and cook some chopped onions until transparent, add mushrooms and peppers and cook slightly then add Quorn mince and about 150ml of passata or sml can of chopped tomatoes cook for about 10 minutes. Then add red kidney beans and a tin of Heinz Mean Beanz sweetchilli flavour and cook for about another 10 mins. Serve with boiled rice. Delicious. xxx Loobylou

Made this last night and it was delicious! Only made a couple of alterations - couldn't find Mean Beanz so used normal baked beans but added 40g of Blue Dragon thai sweet chilli dipping sauce (4 syns - love this stuff!) and also added a little ground cumin, ground coriander, garlic salt, pepper and fresh coriander. YUM! Thanks for this!

Salsa Verde by Delia

Great with chicken or tuna!

Salsa Verde:
Serves 2-4
(3 syns per serving or 1/2 of HEX B if serving 4)

1 clove garlic, peeled
1 level teaspoon Maldon sea salt
2 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
1 level teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1 level tablespoon salted capers, rinsed, drained and roughly chopped
1 heaped tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
1 heaped tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
freshly milled black pepper
Crush the garlic with the salt using a pestle and mortar and, when it becomes a purée, simply add all the prepared ingredients and whisk well to blend them thoroughly.

I then place each tuna fillet on a separate piece of foil, spoon some of the salsa verde on top and wrap up the foil like a parcel. Place on a baking tray in a preheated oven (about 180). Check after 10 mins to see if tuna is done. You'll want it slightly pink in the middle so it's not dry. If it's not done then keep an eye on it every few minutes as it cooks quickly.

This recipe works equally as well with chicken (foil parcel and bake for about 20-25 mins depending on how big the chicken breast is). I also tend to reserve a few spoonfuls of the salsa and toss it into freshly steamed green beans or broccoli to serve with the tuna/chicken. YUM!

You could also try the salsa with just 1 tbsp of oil - I think you could get away with it.

Chocolate Cheesecake - Not for the faint hearted!!

My mum makes a fantastic chocolate cheesecake however I have amended it to make it more SW friendly. I would recommend using it as a special occasion dessert. You can also tweak it to your individual taste. I made mine into individual ramekin style dishes rather than the normal cheesecake as you get more of a biscuit base that way. It's not as good as the real thing but I find better tasting that the baked chocolate cheesecake.

----------

Chocolate Cheesecake

Bourneville Chocolate 150g

Maryland Double Choc Cookies (12)

250g Quark

2 egg whites

284ml/10fl oz Fat Free Fromage Frais

2oz Sweetener

3 sachets of options hot choc

Crush biscuits and flatten into small dishes. Chill.

Cream together the Quark and sugar
Mix sachets of options hot choc into fromage frais to sweeten

Beat egg whites to meringue
Melt chocolate and allow to cool
Once cool add to Quark and Sugar, stir in
Add whites and fold in
Add framage frais mix, stir in until all mixed.

Pour over biscuit base and chill or freeze.

I make this into 10 ramekin dishes each dish being 7.5syns and freeze them.

Please note that due to the egg whites it is not advisable to serve to pregnant woman.

Enjoy. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back