Recommed good books

My comfort books are by D.E. Stevenson.

My shake-me-out-of-complacency books are One Second After by William Forstchen and Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank.

Hi catmonkey, if you liked a boy called it, then try books by Cathy Glass - her experiences as a foster parent, each book is on one of her foster children and also those by Torey Hayden - her experiences as a teacher for children with extreme behaviour and special needs. These cover the children's backgrounds as well. Very interesting reading.

I'll throw in Catcher in the Rye and Catch 22 - oh and as already mentioned, Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.

Too many books not enough time.

Some great ideas. I'm going to be a bust bee. I also studied to kill a biking bird at school. I'm abit of a Stephen King fan too.

catmonkey said:
Some great ideas. I'm going to be a bust bee. I also studied to kill a biking bird at school. I'm abit of a Stephen King fan too.

To kill a Biking bird? A totally different story methinks lolololol That's the best typo I've seen in a while!!!!

I must say i am a very fussy reader....... but i do love the following

"sophie kinsella" also her another books under "madeleine wickham" -
Shopaholic collection and undomestic goddess are 2 of my favs...... Also The wedding Girl and Cocktails for three

:)

I have just ordered Jaycee Dugard's storey. Did anyone see those 2 programmes about her? She was kidnapped for 18 years, she was allowed out etc but never ran away! . It's so shocking.

Ive just finished a James Patterson book called Alex Cross' Trial... I read it in 2 days, I love anything by him. A good 'real life' story is A Million Little Pieces' by James Frey... Very sad but very good.

I am currenly reading 'One moment, one morning' by Sarah Rayner about how incident changes several different peoples lives in a day.

I have just ordered two books 'The Midwife's Confession' by Diane Chamberlain about a midwife dying but revealing secrets after but friends not knowing this one dark secret.
I also got 'Stuart: a Life backwards' By alexander Masters which is a story about Stuart, a homeless, rage filled man is brilliantly captured by the author, and certainly leaves you thinking.

Ive just finished a James Patterson book called Alex Cross' Trial... I read it in 2 days, I love anything by him. A good 'real life' story is A Million Little Pieces' by James Frey... Very sad but very good.

A Million Little Pieces had me sobbing throughout, it breaks my heart how drugs can take such a hold on somebody, and reminded me of too many people I have worked with x

Reminded me of my mum and dad :( have you read the follow up? My friend Leonard... Just as sad.

Back