Recommend a book!!!

foreverladyluck

I'm obsessed with my kindle and often read a book a week but I always run out of ideas and wanna try something new!
Let's see how many book recommendations we can get!

Might get me trough a few weeks at least!!! Xx :)

The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. My fave ever books :)

Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett
A Dangerous Fortune - Ken Follett
A Place Called Freedom - Ken Follett
Along Came a Spider - James Patterson
Fingersmith - Sarah Waters
Rivergod - Wilbur Smith
A Voice in the Wind - Francine Rivers (Mark of the Lion series)

These are about the best books I've ever read and I've read loads in my life so thoroughly recommend them all and all very different

My top books ever
Linwood Barclay - Too Close to Home
Linwood Barclay - No time for Goodbye (infact any by Barclay except 'Clouded Vision')
Diane Chamberlain - Confessions of a Midwife, Before the Storm, and the sequel The Secrets she left behind

xxx

Misbehaving - Sarah Harvey
Long Division - Sarah Harvey
This Charming Man - Marian Keyes
Can You Keep A Secret - Sophie Kinsella

i normally only read just random books that i see and like the look of but ive found an author i like now called dorothy koomson? anyone read any of her books?

"the ice cream girls"

this is the best one ive read so far but she has more too.
xxx

whats the eight about?
if its that good im intruiged!
xx

A game of chess centred around the lost chess set of Charlmagne with the main characters of the books as the chess pieces, interwoven with a little alchemy, the French revolution and the oil crisis of the early 70's with a love story as a backdrop.

i normally only read just random books that i see and like the look of but ive found an author i like now called dorothy koomson? anyone read any of her books?

"the ice cream girls"

this is the best one ive read so far but she has more too.
xxx

I'd say Ice Cream Girls is actually quite different to her others but another good one is Marshmallows for Breakfast, oh and Goodnight Beautiful is good as is My Best Friends Girl (I wouldn't bother with Chocolate Run or Cupid Effect they're not that good!) x

yes i read marshmallows for breakfast a few years ago - thats what made me choose the ice cream girls!
im reading "the woman he loved before" atm, i did look at the goodnight beautiful but it looked a bit confusing!
what a shame that the chocolate run and cupid effect arent that good :(
xxx

Fingersmith by Sarah Waters is my favourite book ever.

I read Room by Emma Donoghue recently and that was pretty good.

Man Booker Prize 2012 - the shortlist

Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel
The Man Booker-longlisted sequel to the Man...
read more ....
£12.00
RRP: £20.00
You save: £8.00
Add to basket

The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng
LONGLISTED FOR THE MAN BOOKER PRIZE 2012. Malaya,...
£9.29
RRP: £12.99
You save: £3.70
Add to basket

Narcopolis by Jeet Thayil
Wait now, light me up so we do this right, yes,...
£8.49
RRP: £12.99
You save: £4.50
Add to basket

Swimming Home by Deborah Levy
As he arrives with his family at the villa in the...
£7.99
Add to basket

The Lighthouse by Alison Moore
£7.19
RRP: £8.99
You save: £1.80
Add to basket

Umbrella by Will Self
LONGLISTED FOR THE MAN BOOKER PRIZE 2012 A brother...
£12.54
RRP: £18.99
You save: £6.45
Add to basket
Man Booker Prize 2012 - eBooks shortlist

Swimming Home (eBook)

£8.00
RRP: £10.00
You save: £2.00
Add to basket

The Lighthouse (eBook)

£7.19
RRP: £8.99
You save: £1.80
Add to basket

Bring up the Bodies (eBook)

£9.99
Add to basket

Umbrella (eBook)

£15.18
RRP: £18.98
You save: £3.80
Add to basket

Narcopolis (eBook)

£7.98
RRP: £9.98
You save: £2.00
Add to basket

Im a real Chick Lit fan and the more high brow readers amongst us willmroll ur eyes, i love a bit of escapism and the Best book I have read this year is
DEAD RICH by LOUISE FENNELL

any chick lit suggestions for when i have finished my current book........How to toilet train boys!

whats the basic story in that book then?
i have such a wide range of tastes in books from really strange unique books to proper girly escapism like u said!
i read "flawless" by tilly bagshaw and it was great for that kind of reading. really glossy and sexy and fun xxx

Its about a Family living in London, the mother and father are ageing movie stars and the fathers sister dies at the start of an overdose. She leaves behind kids and this book is all about the 3-4 weeks following the death. Its a great mix of comedy and a serious story. Its written by Louise Fennell who is married to a famous Jewellary designer to the stars. Its a great insight into the lives of the Rich and famous. Its well written and the character development is really good. Highly Recommended.

Back