Recommend a book!!!

the_last_time said:
I'm thinking about getting a kindle, do you love yours?? :)

Love the Fire! Backlit and all. The other is nice, too. Like reading page of a book.

Can recommend any martins cole, Kimberley chambers and Jessie keane x

For nutrition and diet, The China Study by T Colin Campbell, very compelling scientific info about the ill effects of dairy and animal protein on health.
For heavy reading, Tombstone, about the famine in China in 1959-1961.
For light reading, Dear Ma'am, about an elderly lady who lived on her own in the California mountains. A real adventure and with humor!

on dublin street samantha young :)
beautiful disaster jaimie mcguire

I LOVE my kindle, couldn't live without it! And a book that is fantastic, and shifts your perspectives on things is How To Win Friends and Influence People, which was published in 2011 - It's fantastic. I also read all of the true stories written by Cathy Glass, they are heartbreaking, but fantastically written and interesting (especially for me!) xxx

The Night Circus is really good, as is The Storyteller!

Love anything by Susan Hill, Daphne Du Maurier, or Margaret Atwood.

You had me at hello- mhairi mcfarlane (spelling might be off)
Chick lit do nice and easy going but I enjoyed it a lot more than the usual girl meets boy books. Well worth a read!

yeah the alchemiest really good book :)

reading witches of portobello now

i will do :)
the way he writes seems so easy, but the story itself is wow
like the alchemist perfect book :)

i've recently become a book geek
i dumped my mates for books :p

Consequences by Aletha romig. It's not brilliantly written, but the storyline is pretty gripping. It's about a girl who gets kidnapped by a man and the story of Stockholm syndrome that eventually follows

There's a lovely website, What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations from readers like you, which if you name some books you've enjoyed, it'll make suggestions based on what fans of those books have also enjoyed. I've stumbled upon some really interesting reads through there.

Some of my favourites:
The House of God and Mount Misery, by Samuel Shem. About the first two years of a junior doctor's training in America, one in a general hospital and the other in a psychiatric hospital. Very dark but also sometimes funny and really insightful. A must-read for anyone interested in working in healthcare, but I'd recommend them to anyone.

Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore, by Robin Sloan - about a secret organisation, code breaking, books and technology. I suppose a bit like The Da Vinci Code, but I enjoyed Mr Penumbra much more.

The Only Genuine Jones, by Alex Roddie. Set against a backdrop of beautiful mountains, and is about friendship, rivalry, ambition and love.

The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak - about a young girl growing up in Nazi Germany. One of the best books I've ever read.

Uglies, by Scott Westerfield - it's a young adult book but utterly enjoyable for adults too. It's a dystopic future society where everyone is forced to have plastic surgery at the age of 16... really interesting, really creepy, and it's made me think a lot about my own values. If you enjoyed The Hunger Games then you'd probably enjoy Uglies. It's the first of a trilogy, I haven't read the rest yet.

I LOVE my kindle, couldn't live without it! And a book that is fantastic, and shifts your perspectives on things is How To Win Friends and Influence People, which was published in 2011 - It's fantastic. I also read all of the true stories written by Cathy Glass, they are heartbreaking, but fantastically written and interesting (especially for me!) xxx

If you like Cathy Glass, have you tried any Torey Hayden? She's a special-needs teacher and writes about her most interesting cases - she's also written a few novels but my favourite of hers are the true-life ones.

The Rissoli and Isles series by Tess Gerritsen
The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan
Anything by Kristen Cashore

I have a basic Kindle, one of the cheapest ones you can get and i love it. battery life is about 2 months (unless you fall asleep whilst reading often haha!)

I've just read cold killing by Luke Delaney. It's a detective / thriller novel. I enjoyed it so much I read his 2nd book the keeper in 3 hours! Can't wait for the 3rd one out later this month!

Back