Recommend A Diet?

My next door neighbour has lost 2 stone in a couple of months by doing the British Heart Foundation diet whereby you follow an eating plan for 3 days of the week. It has worked for her but I don't know anything more than what she has told me.

She showed me the plan and it wasn't for me as I don't eat meat, fish and some of the other stuff!

Thats not a diet thats meant to be followed for months, theyre quite clear about that, its meant to be a quick fix. Because its so low cal and done in short bursts general consensus is most of the losses are down to water and itll go back on again :( Its also absolutely nothing to do with the British Heart Foundation. Unfortunately a lot of people follow it believing it is :(

It's tempting to weigh yourself a lot as you want to see the progress you've made but it's really best only to weigh yourself once a week. Your weight fluctuates both during a day and during a week, lots of different factors affect your weight. My advise is to weigh yourself once a week on the same day at the same time and then you'll see your accurate weight loss. :)

Im aiming to lose the same as you, have lost just over 2 stone so far, with quite a few major hiccups! Ive set myself an overall goal of a year to do it, which I think is do able! Then break that down into smaller goals for each stone, I dont think Im going to hit my next goal on the target date I gave myself but the way I see it is even if Im a few pounds off target, Im still closer to the goal then I was before I started dieting.

Im rubbish at healthy eating, cutting back just doesnt work for me so Ive had to go for a more drastic diet, although I still do eat and it is teaching me to cut out the bads and go for the stuff thats better for me.

Im trying to go to the gym more but Ive got horses and a full time job so I leave the house at 5:30am and apart from coming home to change clothes and go straight back out again, Im normally out until 8pm so it doesnt really leave me much free time.

I realise this is not a view shared by everyone, but I find those scales with a dial to be horrible inaccurate to the point where if I get on them 5 times in 5 minutes I can be 7lbs different. This can easily account for what looks like a 2lb weight gain overnight! Even my doctor's office has some like that, and he's probably meant to have the best.

I would never use that type again, they're too frustrating - just digital ones for me from now on.

I have no idea if overall they're telling me my exact correct weight, but at least they're consistent and a good way of seeing properly if you've lost or gained compared to last time.

My first proper post after the introduction thread. Firstly, Alex, inspirational stuff mate, just what I was looking for!
I've managed to drop about 1 stone 11 pounds in 3 months by eating like Alex suggests but with a lot less exercise.

Food intake looks spot on and I'd suggest speed of weight loss will all come down to amount of exercise.

Just remember, when you are exercising so hard, you will be developing muscle as well as losing fat and because of this, losses might not be as fast as you might want.

Concentrate more on how you feel, how you look and how your clothes fit.

This is MY ADVICE and MINE ONLY and its how I did it so I guess you could call it tried and tested.

Many will disagree but my opinion is that theres more to weight loss than just losing the lbs on the scales.

Keep going :D

Back