Recommend a mobile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Amanda (Loopy), 15 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Amanda (Loopy)

Amanda (Loopy) CDC

Cambridge Diet
    Right my mobile has died and gone to heaven....I bought a new battery for it but it still won't work so need to find me another.

I've got less than a month to run on my contract with O2 so happy to go with someone else instead so I can get a new phone now.

Anyone got any suggestions of what to or not to go for?

My old was a Motorola Razr V3i and I loved it but think its time for a change.

Also contracts.....I'm willing to pay £25 a month(thats what I've been paying) but obviously want as much as possible for least 100 mins and 200 texts.

Anyone got a recommendation please?

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Ive got an orange SPV 600 which I love. Has all the usual, camera, video, MP3 etc. Its a windows phone so it also has Internet Explorer oh and MSN. I get 600 texts and 150 mins for £25.
  4. Amanda (Loopy)

Amanda (Loopy) CDC

Cambridge Diet
    Thanks Starlight...the tariff looks that anyone minutes?

Off to check the phone out now :)
  5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Well Amanda, you did your best for it:)

Good luck with shopping for a new one, there is so many to choose from...

Love Mini xxx
  6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Its 100 anytime minutes. If you go to Orange have a GOOD look at the website and know what deal you want. They dont offer such good deals when you phone up but if you tell them you know someone with a particular deal or have seen one on the web they WILL give it to you. The best deal I got offered over the phone was 100 mins and 200 texts until I mentioned the one Id seen on their web page. They instantly matched it. :)
  7. fitz

fitz Lovin it !!! :)

I'm with o2 as well and didnt feel that they were giving me the best contract so I had a look in paper to see what another provider was offering and called o2 and said I wanted to transfer to someone else - not only did I get a brand new phone, but they changed my contract so I was only paying £25 month- gave me 400 free text every month and I am getting my 6 month rental back in cash direct to my bank account after 6 month if I stay with them - (hope you understand that bit). I was only 10 month into my original contract at the time and didnt even want a new phone, so...................I got a really good deal and went on to sell the new phone on ebay for £150 !!!! Moral of my story is - they will want to keep your business so call their bluff and you may just come out with a really good deal and an updated phone to boot.
    Good Luck !!!
    btw - I have a nokia 6111 in pink which i am happy with.
  8. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    I have a Sony W850i which is the best phone I have ever owned, I got a £30 a month deal with Orange for unlimited texting and 700 anytime minutes.

9. dawntinkler34

dawntinkler34 Water Baby

Cambridge Diet
    Hey girls,

i just went to phones for you recently, they gave me £60 to pay off my old contract (four months) then i got a new LG Chocolate KG800 PINK whoa!!! Its great 500 texts and 500 any time cross network mins £35

10. Amanda (Loopy)

Amanda (Loopy) CDC

Cambridge Diet
    I seem to have been looking at phones online for the last 3 days!!!

Found a good deal....Half price line rental for 17 months on an 18 month contract with Orange taking it to £17.50 a month for 500 mins and 500 texts. But I have to claim back the difference rather than just getting it that price.
    Thats on a white sony ericsson ...looks lovely (Thanks for pointing me in that direction Mike!!)

So I rang O2, who I've been with for years, and they'll double my minutes to 200 and keeping the same 500 texts for £20 a month....but that won't be for a month!!

Ooooh what to do!!!
  11. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

As long as it's water proof Amanda.....LOL;)
  12. Amanda (Loopy)

Amanda (Loopy) CDC

Cambridge Diet
    Absolutly lol

I have 2 mobiles and it's a right pain at the mo having to keep changing the sim cards over to check for messages....
    Roll on march 24th!!!!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.