Red and green days versus extra easy

Shazpants

Hi guys,

I hope someone could share the knowledge with me (pretty please)! On extra easy we all know we have one he a and one he b. on red and green days does it differ? Bit confused. Also is it acceptable to save syns up for the weekend?

On Red and Green you can have 1 or 2 A choices and 2 B choices.....
I prefer this method to EE as i like milk, so i can have double the amount on a red or green day.
I dont save my points up personally. I use 10-15 per day but i know some people who work off 90 for the week......

On Red and Green you can have 1 or 2 A choices and 2 B choices.....
I prefer this method to EE as i like milk, so i can have double the amount on a red or green day.
I dont save my points up personally. I use 10-15 per day but i know some people who work off 90 for the week......

Right I see, think this may be more for me too as I like dairy. I have been having five syns per day and banking five so have extras for the weekend. It doesn't say anywhere this is wrong!? Thanks for help

It's not strictly in SW policy to save syns but theres not reason you can't, others save up syns too, its a common thing and they don't tell you that you CAN'T do it.

Red days

It's not strictly in SW policy to save syns but theres not reason you can't, others save up syns too, its a common thing and they don't tell you that you CAN'T do it.

Hi there,

With my extra easy diet info it doesn't seem to tell me if I can have rice/potatoes etc as a he b. the info I used to have did. Can anyone help? I wondered what portion size of potato or rice I could have as a he b. Also hoummus used to be a he too, is it still?

Thank you

Hi there,

With my extra easy diet info it doesn't seem to tell me if I can have rice/potatoes etc as a he b. the info I used to have did. Can anyone help? I wondered what portion size of potato or rice I could have as a he b. Also hoummus used to be a he too, is it still?

Thank you

On ee you can eat as much rice or potatoes as you want, if you look in your book it should tell you how much potato you can have on a red day, you can't have rice as a HEB on red though

On ee you can eat as much rice or pFotatoes as you want, if you look in your book it should tell you how much potato you can have on a red day, you can't have rice as a HEB on red though

You can eat as much as you like as long as you match it with protein and free foods? Is that right? I thought you cud have rice as a he on red days - obviously heard that wrong!

You can eat as much as you like as long as you match it with protein and free foods? Is that right? I thought you cud have rice as a he on red days - obviously heard that wrong!

You don't have to match it with protein if you don't want to, but you do have to have a third superfree

for example, you could have fish and chips with fried onions, mushrooms and tomatoes on ee if you wanted for tea....or you could just have chips with the fried veg if you didn't fancy fish. However if your following ee you should really have meat as well at some point during the day.

I could be wrong as I've only been doing slimming world for about a year and a half, but I think you used to be able to have rice, but you can't anymore

donna88 said:
You don't have to match it with protein if you don't want to, but you do have to have a third superfree

for example, you could have fish and chips with fried onions, mushrooms and tomatoes on ee if you wanted for tea....or you could just have chips with the fried veg if you didn't fancy fish. However if your following ee you should really have meat as well at some point during the day.

I could be wrong as I've only been doing slimming world for about a year and a half, but I think you used to be able to have rice, but you can't anymore

Hi, you don't have to have meat each day, you don't have to have starchy carbs each day. You can have whatever you want from the free foods list as long as you have a third superfree with each meal.

Rice has never been a red day B choice, not even brown rice and hummous is a B choice on green only.

Hi, you don't have to have meat each day, you don't have to have starchy carbs each day. You can have whatever you want from the free foods list as long as you have a third superfree with each meal.

Rice has never been a red day B choice, not even brown rice and hummous is a B choice on green only.

You don't have to, but you have to be careful as if you don't have meat then your following green rather then ee, which probably isn't a problem for a lot of people, but if I do green and don't have both my HEA's I struggle to loose, so if I were doing ee (so only having one of each HEX) but not having meat then I probably wouldn't loose.

I do get that you don't have to, but it seems silly to say your following ee when actually your following red or green because your not having a certain part of the ee plan

Sorry but consultants even tell veggies to follow extra easy. I don't understand it myself but it does happen.

There is nothing anywhere about having to have both red and green free foods each day.

I did say in my last post that I know technically you don't have to, I've heard of consultants telling veggies to follow ee, but mine has never said that in fact neither of them have (my old or new one) they've both said veggies should follow green.

Yes I did say you should have it within the day and I suppose that was wrong of me then. But from my own experience I don't loose if I don't have the extra HEA never mind missing the extra HEB and my consultant has said I should make sure I have them. My only worry with people not having meat or starchy carbs on ee is that slimming world tell you to have the extra HEX's on red and green for a reason, so if someone is following ee but could actually be doing red or green then surely they are missing out on important fibre and calcium.

I'm sorry I said you should have meat on ee, that was wrong of me, however I do stick by my guns in saying that it is silly to follow ee but not have both, as you might as well be following red or green and personally I don't want to not loose weight because I'm not eating enough.

i follow both the red and the green as that way i can have two HEXS in both A and B Suits me better as i do like my bread and that way i can have both milk and some laughing cows as ive only just started i will see how i go on these then maybe switch to EE
i usually have around 5 syns a day saving the rest for weekends

i follow both the red and the green as that way i can have two HEXS in both A and B Suits me better as i do like my bread and that way i can have both milk and some laughing cows as ive only just started i will see how i go on these then maybe switch to EE
i usually have around 5 syns a day saving the rest for weekends

This has been very very helpful - thank you all. It's all a learning curve. I can't help but thinking myself too that if you don't have the meat on ee then it is red or green without the extra he a and b or maybe I'm missing something?? This site is more helpful than anything - love it!! You're all fab

Back