Red and Green

nettie

Gold Member
Hi everyone,
Me and my OH started SW yesterday from home, we have the most recent magazine and we are using the books from about a year ago. We are sticking to red and green (basically because this is what we feel comfortable with and know we can stick to) and i wondered if anyone could tell me whether the new books are still split into red and green days or is the extra easy the only focus?
does anyone else still do red and green days or am i just stuck in old ways?
Thanks in advance x

Hi everyone,
Me and my OH started SW yesterday from home, we have the most recent magazine and we are using the books from about a year ago. We are sticking to red and green (basically because this is what we feel comfortable with and know we can stick to) and i wondered if anyone could tell me whether the new books are still split into red and green days or is the extra easy the only focus?
does anyone else still do red and green days or am i just stuck in old ways?
Thanks in advance x

I haven't seen the new books yet, so can't comment on them, but I mainly do red days, with only extra easy when pasta or rice are in my main meal, about once a week.

thanks for the reply..
i struggled when trying extra easy as i eat small portions and struggled to fit in the super free food but i could do one day a week with something like chilli and rice or tuna pasta salad. how have you found your losses with doing just the one day EE? x

thanks for the reply..
i struggled when trying extra easy as i eat small portions and struggled to fit in the super free food but i could do one day a week with something like chilli and rice or tuna pasta salad. how have you found your losses with doing just the one day EE? x

My losses were slow initially, but that was down to the fact that I had been following WW before switching, and my body had to adjust to more food!

I got to target in six months and have maintained easily since August 2011 x

They are on separate booklets now I think it's so they can promote ee plan more.

I do red and green bc I didn't loose on ee! X

They are on separate booklets now I think it's so they can promote ee plan more.

I agree that they are trying to promote EE, my C, doesn't want to know what you eat if you don't follow EE

I agree that they are trying to promote EE, my C, doesn't want to know what you eat if you don't follow EE

That's rubbish!!
But there are soooo many people that do the original plan! X

Consultants are told to promote EE. All new members start on it and red/ green isn't explained. There are really bit that many members who follow red and green now. There are some, but not loads. I'd say less than 20% of my group.

That's rubbish!!
But there are soooo many people that do the original plan! X

Me being one of them, so, will always be a devotee of red/original.

Consultants are told to promote EE. All new members start on it and red/ green isn't explained. There are really bit that many members who follow red and green now. There are some, but not loads. I'd say less than 20% of my group.

As I said, EE is the name of the game to them;)

See I've found all the guys that have done it in past are doing original and everyone switches when they plateau on ee! Or just get fed up!

As I say in 4 weeks on ee at the start I only lost 1 lb! Thankfully there was another plan for me to try else I'd have left! X

I'm with you Kirsty. I had to go back to red Znd green because I just didn't lose and even put on weight on EE

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i'm glad i'm not the only one... i thought i was doing something wrong when i tried it for a full week and put weight on despite being 100% all week.
i have no doubt it works fantastically well for some people but i think red and green is for me :)

I'm another who didn't "click"with EE when I swapped from green to EE.

Restarting in January, and I'll be following the Green and Original plans most of the time. :)

I've never actually done a single day of EE! When I started SW, my consultant only explained green to me as I'm a vegetarian. So EE is a complete mystery to me hehe ;)

I didn't have much success with EE. I prefer to stick to Green and just use EE if I'm eating out somewhere that it suits. A lot of this is due to me being a skin-flint though, and Green always seems the cheapest plan to buy for.

I rejoined a couple of weeks ago - its been years since I last did SW and I decided to stick to mainly Green days as I know what I'm doing with those (and know they work!). Anyway I must be doing something okay as lost 4.5 both weeks!! So that's 9lb off - including Xmas week. I'm over the moon :) I'm also very surprised as I'm only a stone away from my goal (I rejoined to shift that last stone that I couldn't shift by myself!) and didn't think it possible to have such large losses that close to target. I'm assuming a lot of it was fluid!! But I also think my body just needed a kick! I do EE days perhaps once a week when I feel like spag bol or something else 'meaty' :)

Thanks so much for the replies everyone.
I feel so much more at home with red and green so going to continue from home and if i get to a point where i am stuck or losing motivation i will go to group for the extra support.
I'm having a red day today and totally stuffed from a lovely BLT sandwich for breakfast!

I love EE, ive lost 11lbs in 3 weeks already, I like it because it limits my bread intake more, in an ideal world I could eat tiger bread for breakfast lunch and tea haha :D

wow thats great... i hope i can lose 11lbs in 3 weeks!
i also absolutly love tiger bread with lots of proper butter on! but thats the reason im here i suppose lol
I struggle to eat both of my Hex B's as I feel so full from meals anyway. I have always eaten small meals just the wrong foods and i really dont like the feeling of being full.

Back