• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Red Day- Ideas on what to make with these ingredients

Meli

Gold Member
I have the following ingredients (can't go to the store for more vegs as stuck inside with the snow), so please give me suggestions on what to make for a Red Day:

Courgettes
Green Peppers
Beef Steaks
Onions
Garlic
Veg Stock
Tomatoes
Herbs
Mushy Peas

Doesn't have to be using all these ingredients, but just some ideas please :)

Would love it if I could make a starter and then a main dish from these ingredients.
Thanks for the help,
Melissa

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Oooo ok, let's see, how about:

Starter - stuffed peppers - roast the peppers and then stuff with the courgettes and tomatoes with herbs and spices, maybe mix with the mushy peas but as I'm not a fan not sure if this would work (would you need to syn these on a red day??)

Main - beef steak with roast veg - roast the peppers, tomatoes and courgettes and onions, seasoned with herbs and have with the steak

xxx

Meli

Gold Member
I've never really use my oven for vegs, so do you know what temperature I need to have it on for roasting? Also do I just leave them uncovered or do I need to seal them with foil? Do I need to sprinkle with some FryLight? Sorry some of these may sound silly, but don't really do much oven cooking (except for the tandoori chicken).

I just cut my veg into chunks, spritz with Frylight and a bit of seasoning and then whack in the oven (190c ish) uncovered and keep shaking about every 30 mins - they should take about 45mins/an hour! Enjoy x