Red Day- Ideas on what to make with these ingredients

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Meli, 5 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have the following ingredients (can't go to the store for more vegs as stuck inside with the snow), so please give me suggestions on what to make for a Red Day:

Courgettes
    Green Peppers
    Beef Steaks
    Onions
    Garlic
    Veg Stock
    Tomatoes
    Herbs
    Mushy Peas

Doesn't have to be using all these ingredients, but just some ideas please :)

Would love it if I could make a starter and then a main dish from these ingredients.
    Thanks for the help,
    Melissa

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Oooo ok, let's see, how about:

Starter - stuffed peppers - roast the peppers and then stuff with the courgettes and tomatoes with herbs and spices, maybe mix with the mushy peas but as I'm not a fan not sure if this would work (would you need to syn these on a red day??)

Main - beef steak with roast veg - roast the peppers, tomatoes and courgettes and onions, seasoned with herbs and have with the steak

xxx

4. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've never really use my oven for vegs, so do you know what temperature I need to have it on for roasting? Also do I just leave them uncovered or do I need to seal them with foil? Do I need to sprinkle with some FryLight? Sorry some of these may sound silly, but don't really do much oven cooking (except for the tandoori chicken).

5. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    I just cut my veg into chunks, spritz with Frylight and a bit of seasoning and then whack in the oven (190c ish) uncovered and keep shaking about every 30 mins - they should take about 45mins/an hour! Enjoy x

6. wychypoo

wychypoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    How about a soup for the starter followed by steak served on shredded courgette cooked in a smal amount of chicken stock with garlic onion & herbs & black pepper?

7. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the replies...ended up having the steak and roasted veg, was great!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.