Red Days Red day ideas?

Mini~Mummy~2~B

Are there many people on here who do red days? I have PCOS and my doctor said that a diet that is lower in carbs would be better for me to lose weight. I guess that a red day would be lower in carbs than green or extra healthy but I struggle to find ideas for meals.

I don’t mind salad but I’m not a particular lover of it, so figure spending most days eating something I don’t really love won’t last very long with me.

What do you ladies and gents all eat on red days?

Hi Mini Mummy

I do mostly red days, my lunches usually consist of:

Ryvita or scan bran (HEB ALLOWANCE) topped with cooked meats/cottage cheese/HEA Cheese allowance, boiled eggs, yoghurts, fruit
Tuna/mushroom and ham omelette
cold SW Quiche (can put anything in these) my favs are lean bacon (fat removed) and mushroom or chicken, peppers, onion and mushrooms or tuna and red onion - these are even better cold I think!
Scrambled egg, HEA of cheese and cooked ham on toast (HEB)

Dinners usually consist of:

Extra lean mince bolognese served with sugar snap peas and butternut squash wedges - or keep a HEB for a Weight Watcher Pitta bread or pasta
Salmon cooked in soya sauce (yum!) served with salad/vegetables
Shepherd's Pie topped with carrot and swede mash (rather than potato actually prefer this now!)
Omelettes
Salads
Prawn/chicken stir fry
Chicken curry served with BNS wedges or again HEB Pitta Bread

Just some ideas off the top of my head, hope they help! :)

You can do a search on the recipe sub-forum that will just bring up those threads prefixed Red. Of course that will not pick up any thread where the OP has not added a prefix to the thread but it should give you a starting point :)

http://www.minimins.com/search.php?searchid=2027736

Last edited:
Thank you!

Back