Red Days: Ideas for lunches that don't need a tupperware!

Sampford75

I'm really hoping you can give me some inspiration and help me to solve a lunch dilemma I'm having.

I've just started on Slimming World and am doing mainly red days which seem to work best for me. I take lunch in to the office with me each day and so far it's been tupperwares with salads etc.

I've also started running home from the office each evening in an attempt to get fit. Trouble is I have a bad back and so can't run with a rucksack on which makes taking the empty tupperwares home impossible. I have to run with a bum bag with just my purse and keys in it. So I came up with the idea of taking my lunch in freezer bags and then I can throw the empty bags away and don't have anything extra to carry home.

I always use my B choice for breakfast so sandwiches aren't an option. I'd love to hear people's ideas for red day lunches that can be transported in a freezer bag or two. Honestly if I have one more day of cold chicken, cherry tomatoes and cucumber sticks I'm going to scream!!!

Thanks in advance!

Kx

You can have two b choices on a red day :)

You could have that cold ommelette thing(can never remember the name!) with ham, onions, peppers etc in

This is going to sound really weird, but I have a fear of Tupperware. I hate it and it makes me cringe if I have to touch it, I go out if my way to avoid! I just really don't like it... But I do like taking food that needs warming up for lunch some times, so I just buy the cheap silver foil containers you get from pound shops and then just chuck them away after. Freezer bags could work too but might be more expensive

How about some home made tomato soup and take it in a mug with lid that you can carry in hand?
I dry fry some onion and garlic, chuck a carton of passata in, simmer for 10 mins, maybe some chilli too or basil leaves. Simple, quick, cheap and yum

Back