Red days & quorn

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
I haven't done any red days this time, only before I got pregnant but I want to do a red week starting tomorrow.
I'm not a meat eater though, I only really eat chicken.
Could I substitute all the meat for quorn instead? Will it still be effective or does it HAVE to be real meat??
Ta

Hi Leah,

I do red all of the time and probably have quorn every 2nd day and it doesn't cause me any problems at all, in fact, I find that it actually boosts my loss but still leaving me satisfied.

My fave quorn product at the mo has to be the peppered steaks, a must try, however I think they may have syns in them? Must check! lol.

K xx

If you aren't going to eat any meat, how will it be a red week? Are you going to be having fish?

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to know if it would effect losses.
avisk - I would be eating quorn instead of real meat, so no potatoes, rice etc, just quorn and free food

and yes I'll be having fish

I tend to do mainly red weeks & still have quorn - i haven't had any probs with it affecting WI, seems to do the trick!

I do how-ever eat loads of meat & some fish to so not sure if it boosts WL or not :)

Thanks. I only eat chicken and wouldn't touch sausages with a barge pole and I don't like beef or other red meats either, so was going to have chicken and quorn sausages/steaks etc, because I dont want to eat chicken in every meal lol

i think you mean you OD on Carbs?? i do that - have to stick to Red or else i get in a pickle with pasta mug shot potato overload!

i am on EE today and already had to have a word with myself about the possibility of having 2 jacket potatoes at lunch - i know i could, but i decided to portion control myself!!! x

How do you know if you overload with carbs? :(

Getting worried now as I have them with dinner and tea too some days

I don't want my first week to be a disaster

Quick... help me while I can still do something about it! lol....

My diaries are here

Quick...I'm on a green week! Finishes on Tuesday so i still have time to change

lol

xxxx

generally I had pasta, rice and potatoes 4/5 times
my weight gained
bloated
did not eat enough veg
what is important is to eat veg with meals in my opinion but you have to do what is right for you

Oh man :(

Not sure what's right for me at all I guess it's only my first week. Hubby says don't worry at least I'll know it doesn't work for me and do red days after that or something. It isn't as if I'm pigging out on it just eating normal portions so maybe I'll be ok

*gulp*

You had pasta or rice and potatoes 4 times in the week and had a gain? Or 4 times in a day?

I bought a ready cooked chicken from asda and been munching on it all day lol
Do I have to leave the skin? I haven't been eating it.
For tea I'm having a Quorn steak with a fried egg and mixed veg.. would this be classed as red??

four times a day, I have problems with control, which I am working on. I still do green days but more red as its more control for me. Don't get stresed about it just give it a go and you soon work out what is best for you. Some people are really sucessful with green, I am just merely commented on my personal expeirence :)

Oh man :(

Not sure what's right for me at all I guess it's only my first week. Hubby says don't worry at least I'll know it doesn't work for me and do red days after that or something. It isn't as if I'm pigging out on it just eating normal portions so maybe I'll be ok

*gulp*

You had pasta or rice and potatoes 4 times in the week and had a gain? Or 4 times in a day?

Ah phew thanks

*hug*

Not sure whether I'm having too much but I don't think so. Not sure... I'm hoping someone will tell me on my blog soon so i have 3 days to reduce it if it's too big lol

xxx

Back