Red days

hey , I do red days and have a food diary link in my signature , may give you a few ideas . Also the origanal plan cook book is fabulous and I use the extra easy recipe book a lot too and just leave out the pasta , potatoes etc :)

2 great food diaries for you to read through there, just wanted to add that I started red recently after 5 years as a vegetarian and have found butternut squash to be a great substitute for potatoes (mashed/chipped etc), steamed bean sprouts as a sub for noodles and grated cauliflower as a sub for rice!

Best of luck :)

Hi Clareel,
Thanks for your post I will try some red days this week having green today as need to get some shopping in. I loved your ideas butternut squash and steamed bean sprouts not had either of those in long time it be nice to eat something different. How comes you eating meat now? You all seem to be doing so well with your weight loss 63 pound is fantastic!! I been doing slimming world for a month now and lost about 10 lb I would like to lose 3 stone ideally just to get back to how I use to be x

Hi Ellebear,
You look amazing you done so well with your weight loss, How long has it taken you to get here? just looked at your food diary I forget about stir frys, beef stir fry sounds yummy I try that this week. Chicken and chips is one of my favourites I often that on green day x

I joined SW in October 2009. So - its about 18 months? I am a slow loser! :)

Hi Clareel,
Thanks for your post I will try some red days this week having green today as need to get some shopping in. I loved your ideas butternut squash and steamed bean sprouts not had either of those in long time it be nice to eat something different. How comes you eating meat now? You all seem to be doing so well with your weight loss 63 pound is fantastic!! I been doing slimming world for a month now and lost about 10 lb I would like to lose 3 stone ideally just to get back to how I use to be x

No problem! I was only every veggie because I thought I didn't like meat, but I moved in with my boyfriend who is a huge meat fan and was cooking him all sorts of lovely stews and steaks and wondering why I was eating a plate of veg lol!

Basically I worked out I do like it if it's cooked in a nice way so I tried a few red days.

It has taken me a while to lose the weight but I feel so much better now.

You're doing great too - 10lb in a month is a fantastic loss. Keep it up and that 3stone will be off in no time at all :)

Hi there,

I'm back on the sw wagon after falling off spectacularly (sp?) and have decided to stick with red days for now. This is a typical day for me:

Breakfast
2 egg omlette with smoked salmon

Lunch
Asda w/m pitta, chicken tikka, (chicken breast mixed with o fat yogurt and 1 tsp tikka massala paste, squeeze lemon) and salad.
Yogurt/fruit

Dinner
salmon steak/ sw chips/ salad
fruit/yogurt

I'm using my syns for sauces, wine, nuts

I stick to activia yogs because mullers make me so hungry for some reason, and eat berries, melon, plums, apples and oranges. I avoid bananas and grapes because they make me bloat.

All the best with your weight loss
ruby.

I think that 2lb a week is too much to expect...although i am sure the stress nearer the time will have me shedding the lbs! haha!

I will try to get as close as i can with 1lb a week as my target weight loss - i am a little behind my original plan, but am soon going to be upping my game!

x

No problem! I was only every veggie because I thought I didn't like meat, but I moved in with my boyfriend who is a huge meat fan and was cooking him all sorts of lovely stews and steaks and wondering why I was eating a plate of veg lol!

Basically I worked out I do like it if it's cooked in a nice way so I tried a few red days.

It has taken me a while to lose the weight but I feel so much better now.

You're doing great too - 10lb in a month is a fantastic loss. Keep it up and that 3stone will be off in no time at all :)

I'm glad your enjoying your meat now its funny got a few friends that were vegies and now their loving their meat.
It always take so long to lose the weight than gain it but well worth it, you must be feeling great now.
I already feel better since losing those 10lbs I have been doing lots of walking aswell, my daughters school is half hour walk away and im walking there and back every day so hoping that will help as it works out 2 hours a day! How much more are you hoping to lose and have you been exercising? :)

Hi there,

I'm back on the sw wagon after falling off spectacularly (sp?) and have decided to stick with red days for now. This is a typical day for me:

Breakfast
2 egg omlette with smoked salmon

Lunch
Asda w/m pitta, chicken tikka, (chicken breast mixed with o fat yogurt and 1 tsp tikka massala paste, squeeze lemon) and salad.
Yogurt/fruit

Dinner
salmon steak/ sw chips/ salad
fruit/yogurt

I'm using my syns for sauces, wine, nuts

I stick to activia yogs because mullers make me so hungry for some reason, and eat berries, melon, plums, apples and oranges. I avoid bananas and grapes because they make me bloat.

All the best with your weight loss
ruby.

Thanks Ruby39,
Loving your menu sounds tasty I notice that too with mullerlight I often makes you want to eat something else, maybe I give activa yogs a try, how much did you lose before ;) im going do some red days this week! lets hope we both have good success x

I think that 2lb a week is too much to expect...although i am sure the stress nearer the time will have me shedding the lbs! haha!

I will try to get as close as i can with 1lb a week as my target weight loss - i am a little behind my original plan, but am soon going to be upping my game!

x

Im sure leading up to the wedding your shed the pounds! a 1lb a week is a good steady weight loss:p I keep my fingers cross for you x

I want to start trying red days - I have always done EE and its stopped working for me. I understand that for red its meat, fish and vegetables, fruit and salad as the staple rules. Am I right in thinking that I get 2 hexa and b?

I like the omelette idea for breakfast but I need things that I can take to work and eat as I have a pretty long commute into London each day. On EE I have strawberries with yoghurt and sometimes a bit of granola.....can I still have that on Red??

Yes that's correct. You can have either one or two hex a and two HexB. I find this really useful as it means I can have my Hexs as snacks. In fact have just had 5 scan bran with 5 laughing cow light for lunch which is HexA and HexB. Remember though that you can have pasta and beans etc as Hexs if you look through the healthy extras thread. Granola as a hexb is perfectly fine if it's the ones recommended on the list. Don't have my book with me so can't advise on which ones they are. And of course strawberries are super speed so great to eat. As I see it I have mostly red days and don't have potatoes, rice, noodles, pasta, beans or peas and sweet corn but can have most of the other things you would have on EE. So all the fruits, most veg and the low fat yoghurts are fine too. It really works well for me and if I keep one of each of my Hexs for the evening and things don't quite go to plan during the day I will just have an EE day instead.

sparty said:
I want to start trying red days - I have always done EE and its stopped working for me. I understand that for red its meat, fish and vegetables, fruit and salad as the staple rules. Am I right in thinking that I get 2 hexa and b?

I like the omelette idea for breakfast but I need things that I can take to work and eat as I have a pretty long commute into London each day. On EE I have strawberries with yoghurt and sometimes a bit of granola.....can I still have that on Red??

Ok have just had a look and can't find granola in any of the hex lists including the up to date one online so maybe substitute the granola for something which is free otherwise it's 5.5 syns for 25g on all plans. Sorry has been bugging me cos I couldn't remember seeing it and only just managed to look it up. It's the same on red as EE.

Back