Red Days RED DAYS

Thank you jen, i didn't think i would hold if off this long but slimming world is brilliant. i did try ww many years ago but couldn't get on with the points and i was always hungry slimming world is the opposite.

The butternut squash, iv seen it in tescos and other places but im to scared to try it loooool. What does it taste like and how is it cooked hunny??

xxx

butternut squash is lovely, i like it best roasted. it's got a nice sweet taste, i chop the top and bottom off (so it's flat to cut) then cut off the skin with a sharpe knife. i scoop out the seeds in the middle with a spoon, chop up and roast with fry light until it's got a nice bit of colour, then i add it to sw quiches (any plan), or pasta or risotto (green/ee). others just cut it in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds and roast it until it's soft and gloopy, often use it for soups.

Having an incidental red day today

B: fruit and a muller light
Body magic: Nice long walk into the town pushing a pram
L: chicken slices and cherry tomatoes (I was out so just popped into tesco. I defied all the pasty shops, fudge shops, fish and chip shops AND ice cream stalls!)
D: chicken thighs, salad, 200g new potatoes sauteed. (The thighs are in the fridge and need using up)

I will still have a hea and heb left to use so could have cheese on toast if i wanted, or something else.

Butternut squash is amazing, tastes sweet and creamy! You can peel/cut the skin off (it's tough so will need a sharp knife, I always peel mine), chop it up and boil it to then mash. It's quite juicy so doesn't need any milk/butter like potatoes do. Alternatively, like above chop it up and roast it, makes nice wedges. Definitely try it, very very yummy!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Back