red ideas please

Hey Jen,

from reading your title, does this mean you'll be changing your name to 'red day Jen' :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sorry hun, couldn't resist!!

i wondered how long it'd be before someone said that. trust you, cheeky mare! lol. actually, i am green day jen again this week. red days cost too much and i am skint! mixing it up a bit... x

LoL

well hope you enjoy being green day Jen this week :D , mind you I thought you can now mix the days so long as you dont mix your days at the same meal... Probably not made that very clear, what I meant is that you can have say a red breakfast, green lunch, and red dinner..... Maybe I have that completly wrong, if I do I stand corrected!! :)

bowyers are gorgeous...the med flavour ones. i think they r only 0.5 syns. I used to have 2 of them on a sunday morning with an egg fried in frylite (free) turkey rashers (free) and loadsa onion/mushrooms/tomatoes. used to feel naughty but was only 1 syn for the lot!

hmm. there's some ideas for red dinners. when i did sw first time round i often used to have a 'fry' up for dinner!

ive got a couple of ideas for you all tried out and tested by moi, they are very nice and simple to make and you can serve them with a free salad.

cod fillet sprinkled with an A choice of cheese and baked in the oven. thats as simple as that :D

another one is stuff a large chicken breast with an A choice of mozzarella, basil leaves and sliced tomato. grate half a lemon and add to breadbrumbs made out of a B choice of bread. roll the chicken in the breadcrumbs and bake in the oven till cooked. this is absolutley lush :eat:

Hi
The corned beef quich used to be really nice before they changed the diet it was nice with salad .

You're right there. I lived on the stuff when I SW'd. Corned beef quiche for lunch and dinner sometimes

Here's a lil red idea I just thought of ...

What about mexican or savoury stuffed peppers??? Minced beef/turket/pork whatever, bit of onion, mushrooms, courgette, baby veg or whatever veggies you fancy all cooked down in a pan with either bovril to make a savoury mince or tomatoes to make a kinda chill. Chuck in a few of your fav herbs/spices and then stuff it in yer peppers??!! Stick peppers in oven until soft (prob at 180 C) - but not too soft (it;ll go to mush) perhaps a little grated cheese from Hex A allowance and bingo .... yum yum for yer tum!!

ooooo .... what about a lovely creamy fish pie???
Prawns, white fish, salmon (anything goes really). Mix up a little milk from HexA with either some v. low fat fromage frais, quark or yoghurt to make a white sauce. Bung in a few herbs (dill, parsley etc) and reduce down in pan. Serve with choice of veggies.

Feels very naughty but all very freebie :D

Back