Red or green which gives fastest results?

In my personal opinion red does, but as you can see by my tickers I'm not very good at sticking to it :eek:

All plans work - it depends on what type if foods you like. If you aren't a veg fan then Extra easy will be tough, though it is the most flexible & my fav. If you can do without alot of meat, green is good, and similarly if you do without aload of carbs, red is great. If you can't face the thought of cutting bread down to just 1 large slice a day then extra easy is not for you!

I've lost over 2 stone on extra easy so far.

Its more to do with which one you are likely to stick to long term than which one you lose more quickly. SW is a lifestyle choice not a quick fix

All plans work - it depends on what type if foods you like. If you aren't a veg fan then Extra easy will be tough, though it is the most flexible & my fav. If you can do without alot of meat, green is good, and similarly if you do without aload of carbs, red is great. If you can't face the thought of cutting bread down to just 1 large slice a day then extra easy is not for you!

I've lost over 2 stone on extra easy so far.

Its more to do with which one you are likely to stick to long term than which one you lose more quickly. SW is a lifestyle choice not a quick fix

Very true, I'm a meat lover so I suppose red is my favourite!

I love EE - 2 stone in 2 Months going from 16 stone to 14 stone.

I like to have my mash with mince/sausages and rice with my chilli!

Fastest isn't necessarily the best the best though. The best is the plan that fits with your lifestyle and that you will be able to follow for the rest of your life. Some people say that losses on red are better (which I never found) but even if they were, I was always starving on red days, never felt full and doing a red day was a huge struggle - I was miserable all the time. And if it's a struggle then you are more likely to fall off the wagon, defeating the purpose. Irrespective of whether the losses were better, there is no way I would have got to target doing red days.

Everybody is different, I do a combination of all three, but mainly red. I used to go to S W years ago before rejoining in Jan of this year, and then there was only the red and green options, and I lost 2 stone doing alternate red and green days.

Im leaning towards the extra easy to begin with still cant believe you can eat everything you can lol

I would completely echo what Circes said. The best plan is the one that you stick to and is most like 'normal' eating to you. This is not just a 'diet', it should be a new way of life for you. I have lost most of my weight on EE and I love it but I do occasional green days (to have the extra HExs). I too can't really get on with red days so it doesn't really matter how good my losses would be - I just wouldn't be able to stick to it.

Good luck and enjoy :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Just remember you dont have to choose just one plan and stick to only that one forever. I chop and change depending on what i want that day. I generally prefer red and green for the extra healthy extras but like extra easy for when we do a roast dinner.

I also do a mix of all 3 plans depending on my work shifts, social life etc & the flexibility is fantastic. Im a lover of all foods, especially veg so find all 3 plans very easy......but you need to do what suits you & keep a food diary so you can keep an eye on what you eat

Just do a bit of what you fancy, i mainly do green... with occational red and EE

Good luck whichever you choose - but just to comment, you can eat lots of different foods on EE, but you need to remember a 3rd of your plate needs to be superfree foods. This can sometimes be forgotton and you end up with Steak and chips, and a single carrot. Then the EE is not going to work!!!!

Also you mentioned going for a drink.....ensure you have minimal syns on that day to allow for drinking - its where i have poor weight loss results when i have had a good night out.....but its also the reason i ended up so large in the first place....Baileys creamy cocktail anyone? Archers and full fat lemonade cocktails too?! oh yum!

x

On the booze front you should be aware that you might find your tolerance for alchohol reduces because, frankly you can't drink 'normally' all the time on SW. I have barely drunk for 5 months (basically because in a contest between wine & chocolate there is only one winner). I went out this weekend having sacrified choccie all week and for the first time in 8 years have a large blank in my night (helpfully filled in by a load of my laughing mates last night who think it was hilarious). Hubby less impressed with having to lend me his shoes to walk home in :)

Haha on the booze front that sounds just like me! I've never been a particularly heavy drinker but now it's quite ridiculous on a night out. I'm totally gone after a glass and a half of wine. My friends also think it's v funny, and i don't mind being the source of entertainment on this one as long as the weight stays off!

Now that my husband will be pleased with im not a cheap date by anyone's standards, Was meant to start properly today but havnt been able to get out the house to get to the shops because of poorly kids but i will have to have to get out tomorrow thanks again all :)

Back