Red Pepper and Cherry Tomato Flan - Help

Hi Everyone,

I have a picnic on Sunday and have been trawling the slimming world website for tasty recipes. I have managed to find a feature which mentions the Red Pepper and Cherry Tomato Flan but its in the Extra Easy Summer Days book, my next class in on Tuesday so I wont be able to buy the book in time and was wondering if anyone has the receipe they wouldnt mind sharing?

Thanks for any help you can give !

lisa

Hi Lisa, I have the book, here is the recipe for you :D
Serves 4, each serving is: 4.1/2 on Extra Easy and Green, 6.1/2 syns on Original.
Ready in under 30 mins. You need:
5 eggs, separated
2 whole eggs
12 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1 whole bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained and roughly chopped
200g shelled fresh or frozen garden peas
110g soft welsh goat's cheese, crumbled
15g basil leaves, finely shredded
salt and freshly ground black pepper
low calorie cooking spray

In a large bowl, lightly beat together the 5 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs. In a separate clean bowl, use an electric whisk to beat the egg whites until stiff. Add the whites to the yolks and fold together carefully, keeping it light and fluffy.
Fold in half of the cherry tomatoes, half the red pepper, half the peas, half the cheese and the basil. Season well.
Preheat the grill to high. Spray a medium non-stick frying pan with low calorie spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the egg mixture to the pan and spread evenly. Cook for about 5 minutes until golden underneath. Scatter over the remaining ingredients, then place the pan under the grill and cook for a further 2 mins.
Remove from the grill, and when cool, cut into wedges or squares and pack up in containers and take with you on your day out.

Let me know how it turns out

Shell x :p

Back