Rediscovered an old favourtie

MrsCadbury

I just had a banana sandwich and it was great. I've started eating more bananas since starting SW but only today put one together with my HEXb.

Is there anything you've rediscovered since starting plan?

I dont eat bead now but when I did I loved banana sarnies or banana on toast for brekkie

mackerel in tom sauce on toast, I used to love it and stopped having it for a few years, rediscovered it after a year on slimming world... gorgeous!

even better than banana sandwich is banana and peanut butter sandwich, sweet and slightly salty. How I miss not being able to have peanuts!

your username makes me want chocolate.

even better than banana sandwich is banana and peanut butter sandwich, sweet and slightly salty. How I miss not being able to have peanuts!

I was gutted before running my half marathon because id built myself up to having a peanut butter and banana bagel... then realised I had no peanut butter :( never had them before but just really fancied it

A Peanut butter & banana sandwich is a great re-fueler if you've done any sort of endurance exercise & can be incorporated into your meal plan for the day as PB is only 4.5 syns per level tbsp!

Ummmm, but we all know that you have to syn the banana in a sandwich, riiiiiiiight?

Or has this now changed?

Why would you syn it? It's not cooked or puréed. X

No, didn't know that. As Kerry said its not Pureed or cooked. I don't even mash the banana, I slice it. Takes me longer to eat the banana as part of a sandwich than on its own.

Does it definitely had to be synned? I thought that would be like a third Superfree.

I used to eat a peanut butter and banana bagel every day for breakfast when I lived in America! Those were the days *sigh*

No way would you need to syn a banana in a sandwich if it is just sliced. Maybe if it was mashed, but even then, I wouldn't bother, personally, as it is just one bananaso you're hardly over eating.

I agree with everyone else, if it were mashed then yeah it would probably be synned but I'd slice it anyway (it doesn't cross my mind anymore to mash a banana lol)

Peanut Butter Mmmm......
Love it in my peanut butter curry!

Your second version of the Peanut Curry is gorgeous Pete & I make it weekly, but make double bumpers to freeze so probably have it 2/3 times per week!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

I love the sweet and salty but swap the peanut butter for marmite and slice the banana on top...have the toast as HEXB and the rest is free :) doesn't sound nice but I love it! X

I keep meaning to try the peanut butter curry but boyfriend doesn't like peanuts :( so will have to do some for lunches one day.

Also finally bought some peanut butter so can have my peanut butter and banana or jam sandwich when I have the syns spare.

Back