Rediscovered an old favourtie

I keep meaning to try the peanut butter curry but boyfriend doesn't like peanuts :( so will have to do some for lunches one day.

Also finally bought some peanut butter so can have my peanut butter and banana or jam sandwich when I have the syns spare.

You must try the 2nd version of Pete's PB Curry Donna as its scrumptious!
DH always has a PB & banana wholemeal bread sandwich after a long bike ride & swears by it to re-fuel, so it would be good for you after a long run......protein, healthy complex carbs & superfree

You must try the 2nd version of Pete's PB Curry Donna as its scrumptious!
DH always has a PB & banana wholemeal bread sandwich after a long bike ride & swears by it to re-fuel, so it would be good for you after a long run......protein, healthy complex carbs & superfree

Yeah I was really looking forward to that after my run yesterday but then realised I didn't have the peanut butter in. Will def be something I have after long runs in the future though (bit disappointed this week as only doing a 10k race at the weekend lol... might still have it after one of my shorter runs as long as its all counted in my syns :)

I am scared of having a jar of peanut butter in the house - there's a very real risk I'll just go mad and start eating massive spoonfuls of it.

has anyone got the link to the second version of bilsats peanut curry, would like to try it thanks xx

Thought it would be easier to copy/paste, or its on page 67, thread number 998. Hope you enjoy it, as DH & I certainly do!

Pete’s Peanut Butter Chicken (
2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

¼ tsp Crushed chilli flakes
½ tsp Madras curry powder
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 tsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp. Sweetener
2 level tbsp. Peanut butter (9syn/2=4.5 syns per person)
2 tbsp. Skimmed milk
2 tbsp. Dark soy sauce
50g Frozen peas (ff)
100g Long grain rice (ff)
250ml Passata (s) (sff)
300g Chicken Breast, cubed (s) (ff)
Ground black pepper

Method

In a pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the chicken until the meat goes white, remove & set aside.
Cook the onion until it’s soft, add the chilli flakes, curry powder, pepper, lemon juice, sweetener, milk, soy sauce & passata, mix well, add the peanut butter, heat until it starts to thicken, return the chicken to the pan & simmer on a low heat for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, add the rice to a saucepan, add 3 times the quantity of water & turmeric (for colouring), add a pinch of salt, cook until the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat, tip into a sieve & run under a hot tap. Place the sieve on top of the saucepan, add the peas, cover with a lid & return to the cooker & on a low light allow to steam for a few minutes. Plate up.

77762d1359871188-petes-recipe-book-peanut-butter-chicken-small-.jpg

Thought it would be easier to copy/paste, or its on page 67, thread number 998. Hope you enjoy it, as DH & I certainly do!

Pete’s Peanut Butter Chicken (
2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

¼ tsp Crushed chilli flakes
½ tsp Madras curry powder
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 tsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp. Sweetener
2 level tbsp. Peanut butter (9syn/2=4.5 syns per person)
2 tbsp. Skimmed milk
2 tbsp. Dark soy sauce
50g Frozen peas (ff)
100g Long grain rice (ff)
250ml Passata (s) (sff)
300g Chicken Breast, cubed (s) (ff)
Ground black pepper

Method

In a pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the chicken until the meat goes white, remove & set aside.
Cook the onion until it’s soft, add the chilli flakes, curry powder, pepper, lemon juice, sweetener, milk, soy sauce & passata, mix well, add the peanut butter, heat until it starts to thicken, return the chicken to the pan & simmer on a low heat for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, add the rice to a saucepan, add 3 times the quantity of water & turmeric (for colouring), add a pinch of salt, cook until the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat, tip into a sieve & run under a hot tap. Place the sieve on top of the saucepan, add the peas, cover with a lid & return to the cooker & on a low light allow to steam for a few minutes. Plate up.

77762d1359871188-petes-recipe-book-peanut-butter-chicken-small-.jpg

Looks gorgeous and just realised that my boyfriend is away for a few days in a few weeks so I could make it then!

Donna, you could make it anyways & see if he likes it, as it doesn't taste particularly peanuty, the PB just works in the flavour combining with all the other ingredients. If he doesn't like it, you could always freeze it in portion sizes for you.

Donna, you could make it anyways & see if he likes it, as it doesn't taste particularly peanuty, the PB just works in the flavour combining with all the other ingredients. If he doesn't like it, you could always freeze it in portion sizes for you.

I suppose it is worth trying as a one off, if he doesn't like it then I won't do it again. Is it anything like a satay sauce? He doesn't like that lol

I suppose it is worth trying as a one off, if he doesn't like it then I won't do it again. Is it anything like a satay sauce? He doesn't like that lol

No, nowhere near as strongly flavoured as Satay as thats mainly PB, its a more subtle flavour & in all honesty if you didn't know the PB was in it, you may not be able to tell. The sauce is just stunning & even my Mum took the recipe & she's a right fussy b***** when it comes to food lol!

No, nowhere near as strongly flavoured as Satay as thats mainly PB, its a more subtle flavour & in all honesty if you didn't know the PB was in it, you may not be able to tell. The sauce is just stunning & even my Mum took the recipe & she's a right fussy b***** when it comes to food lol!

Lol - I'll give it a go one evening and see what he says :) he usually does the curries in our house, but to be fair I'll just say I felt like trying to make one myself, then if he likes it he can have the recipe.

Lol - I'll give it a go one evening and see what he says :) he usually does the curries in our house, but to be fair I'll just say I felt like trying to make one myself, then if he likes it he can have the recipe.

I always make double bumpers of it & put loads of chicken in it & manage to split it into 5 portion which drops the syns down to 3 per portion!

Back