Red's diary - yes, I'm back and I'm going to meetings

Well done hun on another great loss! You sound like youre really embracing this and trying lots of new foods and ideas! I think this is the key as its when we get bored and uninspired that we start to lose the will!!

I have the curry heaven cookbook! What's the chicken coconut soup like? It sounds delish!! Tomorrow im going to do a load more cooking! I'm going to through a whole chicken in the slow cooker with various veg, and see how it comes out!! And i'm also going to do a pea and ham soup as I have the majority of the gammon joint i cooked yesterday still in the fridge! Had a gorgeous salad this evening using nice big cubes of it. I was going to have a JP with it but i realised It was filling enough without it xxxxx

Keep planning and have a great weekend! Sounds like you are planning perfectly around the evening so you can enjoy some glasses of wine! XxxX

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired (that's very tired in case you didn't get that)

Today and yesterday. Lots of wine syns last night BUT despite putting crisps out I ate none of them so I'm feeling ok about it. I didn't go mad and go off track just using my syns as weekly as planned:

Friday 01/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, peach, raspberries and banana

Lunch – .Butternut squash soup, tomatoes, tikka chicken

Dinner – .wholewheat pasta vegetable sauce with chicken and ham (courgette, peppers, mushrooms, onions) HexA Reduced fat cheese.
Snack – .veg (mange tout, peppers, baby corn) smoked salmon dip SW and free Hummous SW and free.
Hex A and B – .Reduced fat cheese, Hi-Fi Light bars

Syns – .red wine: about 6 – 7 glasses (all measured to 6 syn glasses) = 42 – oh dear – leaves 57.5 for the week actually 11.5 a day if I wanted.

Saturday 02/02/13 – Easy Extra
Lunch – .LM red onion sausages, egg, peppers, mushrooms, onions

Dinner – .Quorn sticky fillets, pasta n sauce, salad

Snack – .Thai mug shot, lettuce leaves spread with SW hummous

Hex A and B – .
Syns – .0.5 + Options (2)

Sunday:

Sunday 03/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, peach, raspberries and banana

Lunch – .butternut squash soup, half an apple, 2 slices ham

Dinner – .Cowboy pie, broccoli

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Alpen Light, semi skim milk

Syns – .Options drink (2) + Hilight light bar (3) = 5

Another recipe from the Curry Heaven book and another hit - I made the spinach dahl last week, I wasn't as keen on that. I prefer my own recipe dahl. The salmon tamarind curry was gorgeous though. It is meant to be 2.5 syns per serving but I didn't have as much salmon as necessary and so it only stretched to 2 and I still used the same amount of reduced fat coconut milk and tamarind in the original recipe, so 5 syns. It was worth it though as I do like coconut milk.

Monday 04/02/13 – Easy Extra

Lunch – .butternut squash and carrot soup, salmon dip and 1 raw carrot cut up

Dinner – .tamarind and salmon curry, (5 syns) salad, rice + cauliflower rice
Salad was cucumber, sugar snap pea, baby corn, red pepper, mango, chopped chilli, lime juice coriander and mint leaves
Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Alpen Lights

Syns – . Alpro Hazlenut milk 100ml (1) + (5) for tea + Options drink (2) +Hi fi light (3) = 11

Tuesday 05/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, peach, and banana

Lunch – .Leftover Cowboy pie and spinach

Dinner – .lean bacon, LM red onion sausages, Heinz pizza tortellini ( ½ syn) – courgettes, peppers, onions, mushrooms

Snack – .cup of Broccoli, cauliflower and leek soup

Hex A and B – .Alpen lights,

Syns – . ½ syn meal + Options (2) + curly wurly (6) = 8.5

I mis-read then and thought it said you had a cup of broccoli as your snack hehe!

I hope your weight loss was great today - popped in to see how you did but there is no update :)

Weigh in is tomorrow morning Mel :)

This is today's diary. Am just about to go and tutor now.

Wednesday 06/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberries and banana

Lunch – .broccoli and cauliflower soup, chicken, raw carrot and salmon dip

Dinner – .quorn curry using classic chicken curry sauce from Curry Heaven book and cauliflower rice. Also added peppers and mushrooms to curry sauce.
Mullerlight Greek ( ½ syn)

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Hi fi light bars,

Syns – .0.5 yoghurt + Options (2) + Alpen Light (3) = 5.5

2lb off today at weigh in.

Thursday 07/02/13 – Green
Breakfast – .

Lunch – .cup broc and cauliflower soup, baked potato and beans 1 babybel light (HexA)

Dinner – .Quorn meatballs in spicy veg sauce and wholewheat spaghetti + 2 babybel light (HexA) mixed salad

Snack – .Thai mugshot ( ½ syn)

Hex A and B – .Alpen light, babybel light, wholewheat cracker bread, Kerry Low Low

Syns – . mugshot (0.5), Options drink (2), velvet crunch (4)

Pommette it was a recipe posted in my SW facebook group. I made it with real potatoes not Smash but to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with the recipe as it stands. I won't be making it again.

COWBOY PIE
500g pack extra lean mince beef
6 spring onions, white bulb thinly sliced and green leaves finely chopped
500g pack fresh diced carrot and swede
415g can baked beans
300ml beef stock
2tbsp worcestershire sauce
1tsp dried mixed herbs salt and pepper
2x107g packs instant mash potato cheddar and onion flavour
2 eggs, beaten
1) Place a pan sprayed with Fry Light over a medium heat.Add the minced beef and stir fry for 3 minutesThen add the white spring onions to the mince and stir fry for a further 2 minutes or until the meat is browned.
2) Add the carrot and swede, baked beans, beef stock, worcestershire sauce andherbs, then season. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Preheat the grill to medium. Make the mash according to packet instructions.Add the spring onion greens to the mash with half the egg and beat well. Dividethe mince mixture between 4 ovenproof pie dishes, then spoon over the mash. Roughen up the tops of the pies with a fork, then brush with the remaining egg.4) Grill the pies for 3 minutes or until browned.Serve with vegetables.

Sounds a bit like my Shepherds Pie as I always put baked beans in that for added fibre. And I usually add diced carrots (but not swede) too. And sprinkle grated cheddar on top as it's the only way I ever get to eat my HexA of cheese.

It is shepherds pie with beans in it, but I've made better shepherd pie myself so I'll stick to my own recipe from now on :)

This is today's food, missed breakfast as the school run was hectic and I was meeting friends for coffee (Friday is my day without work so I like to meet up with people I can't talk to properly the rest of the week) :

Friday 08/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – .

Lunch – .Tikka chicken salad (salad: cucumber, sugar snap peas, baby corn, spring onions, red chilli, coriander, mint, lime juice)
Fresh pineapple.
Dinner – .Salmon fillets, bulgar wheat, above salad, spinach leaves (poached the salmon in passata and spices)
Snack – .salmon pate & carrot sticks

Hex A and B – .Alpen lights, milk

Syns – .Options drink (2) + Special K chewy delight bar (6) = 8

Yesterday and today.

Saturday 09/02/13 – Easy Extra

Lunch – .broc. and cauliflower soup, cowboy pie and spinach - pineapple

Dinner – .sirloin steak, rice, mange-tout, baby corn, red onion, mushrooms, chilli, garlic – stir fried

Snack – .melba toasts (4)

Hex A and B – .Babybel lights

Syns – .4

Sunday 10/02/13 – Easy Extra

Lunch – .

Dinner – .potato and bacon rostis, egg, nu-me sausages (2) – mushrooms, leeks, peppers, tomatoes

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Alpen Lights

Syns – .(2) sausages + Options (2) + (6)

Sunday 10/02/13 – Easy Extra

Lunch – .

Dinner – .potato and bacon rostis, egg, nu-me sausages (2.5) – mushrooms, leeks, peppers, tomatoes

Snack – .Babybels (HexA) melted on2 wholewheat crackerbread (2syns)

Hex A and B – .Alpen Lights, Babybel Lights

Syns – .(2.5) sausages + Options (2) +Special K biscuit (5) crackerbread (2) = 11.5
Monday 11/02/13 – Easy Extra

Lunch – .Using some of the rosti mix from yesterday I added 2 eggs, poured it into a small quiche dish and baked it in the oven. I had that today and a bowl of broccoli, cauliflower and leek soup.

Dinner – .LM red onion sausages, pasta n sauce, spinach
Mullerlight
Snack – .
Hex A and B – .Alpen Lights, laughing Cow Lights
Syns – .Velvet crunch (4) Options drink (2) Hi-fi Light bar (3) = 9

Sorry I haven't been about this week I have had a crappy week, don't know if it's hormones or just my natural grumpiness :p but I have been irritated beyond belief by folk this week. I didn't really want to share that particular brand of 'love' :rolleyes:

Anyway today seems a bit better and even though I've been on plan I thought at weigh in I felt a bit blah and wasn't expecting anything BUT I lost 3lb got my stone award and slimmer of the week, and although I am happy with smaller and steadier losses this was a nice surprise this week.

Also made the chick-pea dahl loaf thing - it was soooooooooooooooo good, no idea why I haven't made it before. The other new thing I made was the potato and bacon rostis from the Easy Extra days book, they were good. I have some heart pasta for tonight's meal - I'm such a child I couldn't resist the pretty heart shaped red pasta in Lidl :D So mushroom, tarragon and chicken pasta for tea tonight adapted from one of the books.

Bought the sauce book this morning too to celebrate my loss and there are some lovely looking recipes in there, looking forward to trying them.

Lots of valentines hearts to my minimins lovlies today. :gen126::cupid::character00100::heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:

Oh and diary from Tues and weds:

Tuesday 12/02/13 – Easy Extra

Lunch – .LM red onion sausages, 2 eggs, courgette, tomato, mushroom with wholewheat giant cous cous

Dinner – .Kofta curry with half rice, half cauliflower rice and salad
Mango and passionfruit jelly ( ½ syn)
Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Alpen Lights, Babybel Lights

Syns – .jelly (0.5) + Options (2) + Velvet crunch (4) = 6.5
Wednesday 13/02/13 – Easy Extra

Lunch – .Chickpea dahl loaf and salad

Dinner – .broc. and cauliflower soup - Mixed salad and tikka chicken

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Babybel Lights

Syns – .Melba toasts (4)

. . . Anyway today seems a bit better and even though I've been on plan I thought at weigh in I felt a bit blah and wasn't expecting anything BUT I lost 3lb got my stone award and slimmer of the week, and although I am happy with smaller and steadier losses this was a nice surprise this week.
Well done chica - 3lbs, SoW and stone award is brill, even if you weren't expecting it.
Smaller steadier losses? Hope you're not refering to the 3 lbs as my average was 1/2 lb a week.
Now that's what I call slow and steady :8855:

I do not know why I am so hungry today but I am so I've made it a Green Day so I could have the extra Hex and because I hadn't eaten any meat (and now I have American Idiot going round my head!)

Friday 15/02/13 – Green
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango and banana, 1 orange.

Lunch – . Broccoli, cauliflower and leek soup. chick pea dahl loaf and tomatoes

Dinner – .Mushy pea curry with quorn and boiled rice, cooked spinach

Snack – .Mug shot (0.5) Crackerbread HexB Kerry Low Low (Hex A)

Hex A and B – . Crackerbread HexB Kerry Low Low (Hex A), Alpen Lights

Syns – .Options (2) Mugshot (0.5)

Saturday 16/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberries and banana, 1 orange.
Slices of smoked salmon.
Lunch – .cauliflower and broccoli soup – lean ham

Dinner – .salmon poached in spiced passata with bulgar wheat and a mango, cucumber and chilli salad.
Mullerlight
Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Hi fi light bars

Syns – .Options drink (2) + Cocopops bar (4) = 6
Saturday 02/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberries and banana, 1 orange.

Lunch – .Mixed salad and tikka chicken, some bulgar wheat

Dinner – .Hot smoked salmon, broccoli, carrots new potatoes

Snack – .melba toast (3.5) Laughing cow blue cheese , Mugshot

Hex A and B – .LC blue cheese x 3, Alpen Lights

Syns – .melba toast (3.5) + 2 glasses wine (12) + Options (2) = 17.5

Back