Red's diary - yes, I'm back and I'm going to meetings

Monday 26/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry and banana – 1 orange
Lunch – . mixed salad, salmon pate wraps, hard boiled egg
Dinner – . chicken stuffed with quark, chilli, basil, tomato puree wrapped in bacon, Jacket potato, courgettes and mushrooms
Snack – .

Hex A and B – . Hi fi bar, 3 x Babybel light

Syns – . Options drink (2)

I'm 38 Bev and it's far more likely to be issues with depression which I've had problems with since I was a teenager. I suppose early menopause isn't out of the question but Dr thinks its the other too.

Ah chica - depression can be a bar steward! Nothing visible for friends and family to give you sympathy over (like a broken wrist would) and so many people are scared sh1tless of any sort of depression or mental health issues and don't want to talk about it at all.

You're in my thoughts chica - mum suffers with depression although won't admit it to anyone, not even to me really. I'm sure that's the root cause of all her problems.

((( big big hugs ))) chica

Thank you Pommette - it's not so bad really. I've dealt with it for years so mostly I have coping mechanisms. That said I'm pretty sure I got this big through comfort eating (me and loads of others!) But thank you for your hugs.

I am, for the first time, seriously terrified of going to class tomorrow. Because I gained last week even though I hadn't gone over syns or done anything wrong, I'm thinking it could happen again and I'm not sure how I'd feel. I know I still wouldn't give up as I know this works but I'm still really nervous in a way I haven't been before.

I also know I need to be far more organised next week with food than I have been this week what with working in the evenings.

I have a new student tonight so am going to go and set up.

This is today's food -

Wednesday 27/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry and ½ banana – ½ orange, pineapple
Lunch – . Butternut squash soup, salmon pate wraps, baby plum tomatoes + other half this morning’s banana, fresh pineapple
Dinner – . Chicken in tomato curry sauce with cauliflower rice and sliced courgette fried in frylight with garlic
Snack – .

Hex A and B – . Alpen Light x 2,
Syns – . Options (2) ...

Clearly my body was having some sort of laugh last week as I had a fairly huge loss this week. I'm not sure why my body can't lose steadily but has these stops and starts but I'm just happy it's going down whatever. So I lost 5.5 lb this week, that's the 1.5lb I put on last week for no apparent reason and 4lb extra which kind of evens it out at about 2lb each week but with some body weirdness to make it all odd.

Anyway, on with the plan:

Wednesday 27/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry and ½ banana – ½ orange, pineapple
Lunch – . Butternut squash soup, salmon pate wraps, baby plum tomatoes + other half this morning’s banana, fresh pineapple
Dinner – . Chicken in tomato curry sauce with cauliflower rice and sliced courgette fried in frylight with garlic
Snack – .

Hex A and B – . Alpen Light x 2,
Syns – . Options (2) Hi fi bar (6) = 8
Thursday 28/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry and banana – ½ orange
Lunch – . left over SW chips, eggs, mushy peas
Dinner – . Broc. & cauli soup, Quorn fillets, pasta n sauce.
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . Hi-fi light bars, LC Light (in pasta n sauce)
Syns – . velvet crunch (4) + Options (2) + Hi fi (6) = 12

Yayyyyyyy - well done chica. So you didn't need to be too terrified about class then, although I can see where you were coming from.
Was it TotM last week? That seems to screw some people up big time.
Did you ever find that meatball recipe? Don't worry if you didn't but I just love meatballs!

Some woeful inattention to posting from me. Pommette I'm sorry I will post that recipe but I have to go and work right now. Food diaries for last week:

Friday 1/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Banana
Lunch – . Broc and cauli soup, turkey rashers and an egg
Dinner – . Spicy burgers with homemade salsa and rice salad (heavy in the veg – lots of different types)
Mullerlight
Snack – .2 slices ham

Hex A and B – . Hi-fi light bars, semi skim milk
Syns – . Options (2) Hi fi bar (6) = 8
Saturday 2/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry and banana
Lunch – .Vegetable soup
Dinner – . Chicken Korma and rice (SW recipe)
Snack – .fruit

Hex A and B – . 3 x Babybel Light, Ryvita minis
Syns – . 2 Hi fi Light (6) + Options (2) + Alpen light (3) = 11
Sunday 3/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry and banana – 1 orange
Lunch – . Spinach soup (homemade superfree)
Dinner – . SW recipe pulled pork, vegetable fried rice (Homemade heavy on the veg) corn on the cob, broccoli and green beans (2 syns)
Snack – .2 slice ham
Hex A and B – . Semi skim milk, 2 x Alpen light
Syns – . Options (2) Special K Chewy delight (5) = 7 + 2 syns for any fat on pork – tried to get it all off but it was hard might be more than 2 but there is room for that anyway = 9 syns

Monday 4/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Before school run 3 strawberries and half an orange – after school run Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry and banana
Lunch – . Left over pulled pork and some sauce (1) spinach, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, 1 hard boiled egg.
Dinner – . HM salmon and herb burgers, bulgar wheat, salsa and sliced courgettes
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . 2 x Alpen light, semi skim milk
Syns – . 1 + Options (2) + Hi fi bar (6) = 8
Tuesday 5/03/13 – Easy Extra
Lunch – . salmon and herb burgers, bulgar wheat, salsa with salad
Dinner – . mince curry, rice and spinach and tomato salad
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . 2 x Hi fi light, semi skim milk
Syns – . 1 + Options (2) + Hi fi bar (6) = 8
Wednesday 6/03/13 – Easy Extra
Boiled egg
Lunch – . spinach soup
Dinner – . bolognaise with omelette and mozzarella (HexA + 2.5syn) salad and courgettes with chilli and garlic
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . mozzarella (half fat), Hi fi bars
Syns – . 2.5 + Options (2) + Cocopops bar (4) = 8.5

No problem chica - as and when you can find it. If you can't don't worry as I do have other meatball recipes - although not a spicey one.

Hi Pommette

Sorry I haven't been on for an age I've been busy. I lost a half lb the week before last and 2lb last week and slimmer of the week (which was nice) and got my 1 and a half stone award - which was fab :D

Here is my very long diary which I have been keeping even though I haven't been on here. Last week at group we got the new 'A Taste of Asia' recipe books which we had ordered so that was exciting. Tried my first recipe tonight (lemon chicken) and hoping to do red Thai fish curry tomorrow from the same book. It's a gorgeous recipe book and I can see it becoming a favourite alongside the 'Curry Heaven' one. Speaking of which - I'm so sorry Pommette here is that recipe:

700g x lean mince
2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
1tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mild chilli powder
salt and pepper

You basically put all that lot together in a bowl and mix using your hands until well mixed. Then form into walnut sized balls. You put the meatballs raw into the passata sauce I already gave you the recipe for once it is heated) Then heat gently for 15-20 minutes turning occasionally until cooked through.

So sorry for the wait - but they are absolutely lovely and one of my new favourite (and super easy) teas.

Ok prepare yourself for the massive long diary update:

Thursday 7/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Taster session at group had strawberries salmon pate wrapped in lettuce leaves, slice chickpea dahl loaf, spoon of veg pasta – all free.
Lunch – . chick pea dahl loaf, spinach and cauliflower soup
Dinner – . Spaghetti bolognaise, 3 x Babybel Lights
Snack – .

Hex A and B – . 3 x Babybel lights, 2 x Hi FI light
Syns – . Options drink (2) Special K chewy bar (5) Hi-fi light (3) – bit of a chocolate fest here but ... = 10 syns
Friday 8/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Banana
Lunch – . salmon pate in lettuce wraps, spinach and egg and cottage cheese
Dinner – . pork steaks (all fat cut off) with cous cous with roasted courgettes and garlic, served with cucumber and tomato salad and stir-fried mange tout and green beans
Mullerlight
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . 2 Alpen Light, 3 x Babybel
Syns – . velvet crunch (4) + 2 hi fi light (6) + Options (2) +12
Saturday 9/03/13 – Easy Extra
Lunch – . Mug shot
Dinner – . Indian mixed grill (from old SW mag) steak, scrambled egg with chillis, onion and corriander, mushrooms and tomatoes in nat yog and curry marinade. Spicy curried baked beans. – utterly bizarre
Snack –
Hex A and B – . Alpen lights, semi-skim milk
Syns – . Hi fi light (3) Options (2) = 5
Sunday 10/03/13 – Easy Extra
Lunch – . salad, broccoli, carrots, smoked salmon, ham, 2 new potatoes (was a buffet)
Dinner – . cous cous, lots of tomato, cucumber salad (with spring onion, garlic, chilli and coriander) and hot smoked salmon
Snack – .banana
Hex A and B – . Hi fi light bars, semi-skim milk
Syns – . 4 glasses wine (24) Options (2) = 26 (ref: leaves 52 for the week)
Monday 11/03/13 – Easy Extra
Lunch – .Mugshot (0.5) tikka chunks.
Dinner – . Beef madras with rice and salad (from SW Curry Heaven book)_
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . Alpen Lights, semi-skim milk
Syns – . Options drink (2) Hi-fi light (3) = 5
Tuesday 12/03/13 – Easy Extra
Lunch – . Spinach soup, 3 scan bran (part HexB) 3 LC blue light (part Hex A), 1 boiled egg, 1 tomato, some slices tikka chicken
Dinner – . chicken cacciatore, rice and sliced courgettes and garlic (chicken from current SW mag)
Snack – .2 scan bran (rest of HexB) and 1 LCBlue light (rest of Hex A) and 1 LC x-light (1.5) + 1 tomato
Hex A and B – . 5 x Scan bran, LC blue light x 4
Syns – . LC (1.5) + Options (2) + 2 x Alpen lights (6) = 9.5

Wednesday 13/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango and banana
Lunch – . Spinach soup, 5 scan bran ( HexB) 4 LC blue light (part Hex A), 2 boiled egg, 1 tomato, 1 LC x-light (1.5) – courgettes, green beans, mangetout (leftover from tea yesterday
Dinner – . 2 Quorn sausage (2), beans, eggs, veg (courgette, onion, mushroom, mangetout, tomatoes)
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . 5 x Scan Bran, 4 LC blue light
Syns – . (1.5) x-light LC, Quorn sasuage (2) = 3
Thursday 14/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – .
Lunch – . left-over chicken cacciatore (SW recipe contains lots of veg), salad, jacket potato
Dinner – . tomato salad, spinach, sugar snap peas, 2 Quorn chill/lime (or something) burgers (3syns) and pasta n sauce (used some LC light – HexA)
Snack – .satsuma, banana, mugshot
Hex A and B – . LC Light, Hi fi light x 2
Syns – . 3 + Options drinks (2) + Special K chewy delight (5) = 10
Friday 15/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango and banana and blueberries
Lunch – . spinach soup, bulgar wheat some bolognaise
Dinner – . wholewheat penne pasta with sauce made from egg yolk and Kerry low low (HexA + 1 syn) and bacon and ham. With courgettes and leeks and tomato and cucumber salad.
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . Kerry Low Low, Alpen lights
Syns – . 1 + Options + Chewy delight (5) = 8

Saturday 16/03/13 – Green
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, blueberries, peach and a plum
Lunch – . spinach soup, scan bran (HexB) 4 LCBlue light (HexA) 2 x boiled egg and tomato and cucumber salad (1.5 syn LC x-light)
Dinner – . 2 quorn sausages (2) giant cous cous, watercress, spinach, sugar snap peas, tomatoes
Snack – .banana, satsuma
Hex A and B – . LC blue light, babybel light, scan bran, Hi-fi lights
Syns – . 1.5 + 2 + Options (2) + Hi fi (6) = 11.5
Sunday 17/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, blueberries, peach and a plum
Lunch – . 3 scan bran (3) tuna pate (homemade) lettuce leaves tomatoes, mugshot (0.5) and a sliced boiled egg.
Dinner – . Lemon chicken (2) from the new SW A Taste of Asia book rice and stir fried veg (courgettes, spring onions, red peppers, broccoli and mangetout with garlic)
Snack – .couple of spoons of cottage cheese at tea because I accidentally bit into a very hot raw chilli and nearly took the tip of my tongue off!
Hex A and B – . Alpen Lights, Babybel lights
Syns – . 5.5 + Options (2) + hi-fi light (3) = 10.5

See told you it was long!!!!!!!!!

Hiya Red - well done on the losses and the shiney!!!

Thanks for the recipe - as you can see I've not been here for a while either. Been in the UK to take a friend our for lunch for her 60th and then to collect mum and bring her back her with me for a bit of sun and warmth.

Might try the spicey meatballs and sauce whilst she's here as she loves Indian food!

Hi Pommette I hope you, your mum and hubby enjoy the kofta curry. How is your mum? How was her 60th and how are you with everything now?

I lost another 4lb last week - I wasn't expecting such a huge loss, it was a shock and slimmer of the week too. I have a couple of nights out in the next 2 weeks and I gain as well as I can lose so I'm not holding out much hope for the next 2 weigh ins. I am still enjoying this plan so I'll be back on it apart from the meal out and night out.

Here is the last week's meals. I'm so sorry I haven't posted much but I am very busy with work right now and have hardly any time.

Monday 18/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, blueberries, peach – 1 hardboiled egg.
Lunch – . 5 x scan bran 4 x LCblue light 1 x LC x-light (1.5) boiled egg, tomatoes
Cup cauliflower and broccoli soup.
Dinner – . Thai Red fish curry (4) from SW ‘Taste of Asia’ book, rice and salad.
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . scan bran, LC blue light
Syns – . 1.5 + + Options (2) + 2 Alpen light (6) = 13.5

Tuesday 19/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, blueberries, plum
Lunch – . 5 x scan bran 5 x LC light 1 boiled egg, tomatoes

Dinner – . 2 Quorn sausages (2), 1 LM red onion, lean bacon, beans, egg, mushroom onion and courgettte
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . 5 x scan bran 5 x LC light
Syns – . 2
Wednesday 20/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, blueberries, banana, strawberries
Lunch – . 5 x scan bran 5 x LC light , lettuce wraps with tuna pate
Dinner – . Turkey shami kebabs, tomato and cucumber salad and lettuce, bulgar wheat.
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . 5 x scan bran 5 x LC light
Syns – . Options (2) 2 x Hi-fi Light (6) = 8

Thursday 21/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, blueberries, pear, strawberries
Lunch – . jacket potato and beans, LC light, cup cauliflower and broccoli soup
Dinner – . 3 quorn sausages, pasta n sauce (with LC light stirred in) large salad with h/m salsa
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . LC Light, Hi fi bar,
Syns – . Timeout (4), Options drink (2) sausages (3) = 9
Friday 22/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, blueberries, strawberries, banana
Lunch – . Broccoli and cauliflower soup, 3 baked bean, rice, egg and veg muffins (kind of like quiche with rice and a tin of baked beans had courgette, spring onion and tomatoes in)
Dinner – . salmon and hake in passata sauce with bulgar wheat and stir fried shitake mushrooms, mange tout and spring onions
Snack – .
Hex A and B –
Syns – . none and forgot my Healthy extras too L
Saturday 23/03/13 – Easy Extra
Lunch – . Broccoli and cauliflower soup, 1 baked bean, rice, egg and veg muffins, 2slices chick pea dahl loaf
Dinner – . Spiced pork fillet with courgette, pepper and dill cous cous (from 100 Extra Easy Days) and stir fried mange tout and broccoli
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . Hi fi bar, 3 Babybel Light
Syns – . Options drink (2), Timeout (4) Velvet crunch (4) = 10

Sunday 24/03/13 – Easy Extra
Lunch – . chick pea dahl loaf
Dinner – . Venison casserole (3.5), with mushrooms & onions and, boiled potatoes and roast courgette and peppers
Snack – .Banana
Hex A and B – . Hi-fi light, semi skim milk
Syns – . 2 glasses wine (12) + meal (3.5) + Options (2) = 17.5 (fine because I had no syns Friday)
Monday 25/03/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, blueberries, banana
Lunch – .
Dinner – . Sticky 5 spice gammon (2syns) with stir fired veg (baby corn, broccoli, mange tout, sugar snap peas, spring onions) noodles - from the ‘Extra Easy Meals in Minutes’ – it was gorgeous
Snack – .
Hex A and B – . hi-fi bar, 3 x babybel light
Syns – . meal (2) + Options (2) + Timeout (4) = 8

Well done on the loss Melissa - that's a great loss. Expected or not, grab it and run!

Mum not brilliant - having a few medical problems that she has been in denial of for a while.
But she has finally said she will go to the docs when she gets home.

60th meal for our friend was fantastic. Food amazing. I'd definitely go back there again.

Me - I'm a bit down at the mo. Just stressed really due to AGM that I've been prepping for and mum being here.
I'm not that close to mum unfortunately so we have some fairly heated discussions at times.
Her dementia isn't that bad but it is progressing and I get frustrated at discussing the same thing over and over again.
Plus she is totally idle! Just sits in a chair 24*7 which doesn't help her vascular problems - but will she move? Noooooooo

I've told my hubby to shoot me if I get like this! As her quality of life is not good.

Oh well - life is sent to try us.

How are you chica? SW is going great for you but sounds as though you are ultra busy at the mo.

Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ? *waves*
Hope you aren't too snowed under . . . or snowed in for that matter.

Hope you're okay chica. Not heard from you in a longggggggggggggg time.

Back