Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

Popping on quickly as I have to go out to a friends to bake the cake and cupcakes (am doing a dozen cat (hopefully) cupcakes) for him too, as my oven is broken.

I weighed in today - put on 1lb which has pleased me no end since I have been good all week. Oh well. Less said about that the better. It probably doesn't help that I've been going to bed in the early hours of the morning as I have been working until 2am most nights, so haven't had enough sleep. Told you I was busy :p lol.

Bev, I don't teach (any more - I used to lecture at university) now I tutor English Lit at home. It wasn't my subject but I did take it to university level and have writing experience. It works.

The canvases are like altered art, I make cards and keepsake books and boxes; often for weddings or christenings, new babies that kind of thing. Some of them are shabby chic style or then some modern but also commissioned (very specific) cards as well as some for shops. I'd show you the canvas but the last ones I did had pictures of her 3 girls - it was for her mother (the granny) who is moving away so I can't post that. I'll post Seb's card though when I have a moment and maybe a couple of things so you can see. I'm ok at them not brilliant but people ask me to make them so I guess they must like what I do. The altered art side of things was purely a hobby but then someone asked me to do one for them and it grew from there. I made cards to supplement my jobs when I did my first degree and then carried on.

I will post the cake and some cards once his birthday is done - don't expect great things though!! I am absolutely RUBBISH at cake decoration - it's sooooooooooo tricky. I thought it looked easy when I first tried it but it's very difficult. I am in awe of people who are good at sugarcraft. I have a friend who makes cakes for people and cupcakes and she is just so good at it.

Still waiting for cake piccies....!!!! I hope it was a success!! Hope you're OK Melissa!! I get worried when people don't post on here for a while, especially people who I've got to like loads!!! Come back Mrs Red, all is forgiven....There's nothing that can't be put right!!!XXXX

*sneaks in looking sheepish*

Hello, yes I've had a bad time I admit it.

I have been back on SW a couple of weeks now and keeping a diary on my computer. I'm going to come back properly soon and start from scratch.

I just wanted to say hello to you Curls and I still will post those cake pics - it actually turned out really well!

Erm the other reason I actually posted is to say
OMG Curls you made target you awesome, fabulous lovliness I am so chuffed for you
:party0038::party0038::party0038::party0019::party0019::party0019:

I should really be doing this on your thread though.

*sneaks in looking sheepish*

Hello, yes I've had a bad time I admit it.

I have been back on SW a couple of weeks now and keeping a diary on my computer. I'm going to come back properly soon and start from scratch.

I just wanted to say hello to you Curls and I still will post those cake pics - it actually turned out really well!

Erm the other reason I actually posted is to say
OMG Curls you made target you awesome, fabulous lovliness I am so chuffed for you
:party0038::party0038::party0038::party0019::party0019::party0019:

I should really be doing this on your thread though.

Thank you soooo much hun!!! The journey has had many ups and downs, but it's just been a case of chipping away and riding out the bad weeks! I've replied to your post on my own food diary!! As I've already said I'm soooo glad you're back and hope the last 2 weeks has got you nicely back into the swing of it!!! Look forward to chatting more once again!! And seeing those cake piccies of course!!! Yuuummmmmyyy!!!

If you're interested, from Oct 17th I'm starting up a 10 week Christmas challenge for anyone who wants to join in!! We're 10 weeks into a 12 week one currently which Bev and I set up to get us to target as we needed our butts kicked well and truly, and over 20 peeps jumped onboard- it's a really lovely gang of ladies with loads of support and fun flying about!!:p! I'll be starting the thread during the week leading up to the start of the challenge! XXX

Is that the wolf in sheeps clothes little miss red riding hood?

Good to see you back again. Deffo join our challenge. We're a mad but, as Hevs said, friendly and supportive bunch.

Back