Reductil

Lola

I am taking redutil 10mg for the first time today. I am also trying to restart ss today, after many failed attempts.

I feel quite strange so far, a little bit sick, not quite with it, and feel spaced out. Have had two shakes so far, dont really feel hungry, but feel quite empty and want to eat to stop me feeling so sick!!

Anyone had any experience with this, do the side effects pass?

Thanks Mandy x

Sorry can't help Mandy. I didn't know you could take reductil at the same time as doing Cambridge. Why are you doing both?

To be honest it is not worth taking reductil when on SS as it is a fat blocker, but not sure if you do both at the same time anyway, maybe check with your CDC..

Love

i wouldnt think u should have reductil at the same time as doing CD.
Reductil is an appetite suppressant which isnt needed once in ketosis.
I tried Reductil last year before starting CD and had to come off it after 6 weeks . i didnt find it very helpful with appetite to be honest but my blood pressure (never ever had a problem before) rocketed through the roof and i was constantly getting headaches and dizzy spells.
If i were u i would pick either CD or Reductil and give either one a chance (i am biased but i would go towards the CD route :)).
Gl whatever u decide but either way, get advice about doing both together as i really wouldnt think it is advisable

So far so good have been on it 8 days and the only side effects are dry mouth and I don't need as much sleep, but lost 4 pounds in one week

i didnt find it very helpful with appetite to be honest but my blood pressure (never ever had a problem before) rocketed through the roof and i was constantly getting headaches and dizzy spells.
If i were u i would pick either CD or Reductil and give either one a chance (i am biased but i would go towards the CD route :)).
Gl whatever u decide but either way, get advice about doing both together as i really wouldnt think it is advisable

Ditto. The same happened with me and can only agree with what was said here - I would certainly do one or the other.

Yeah, it's an appetite suppressant. I question whether it's worth it while on SS, since if you're following SS 100% then the ketosis effect will suppress your appetite anyway. I wonder whether it might help stop cravings or picking, maybe?

Wow, that's alot for your body to cope with all at once. Are you under GP supervision?I had blood pressure problems on Reductil and it only suppressed my appetite in the initial weeks. Having done both I definitely am doing better on CD. I hope you get on well and feel better soon.

I had had a Reductil stint but stopped it as while it was somewhat suppressing my appetite it was having rather nasty side effects but when I started Cambridge I thought it will be terribly hard to do for a few days or a week so I lined up a few remaining Reductil pills to get me to ketosis. I didn't need them meaning I did take them for a day but then the second day I wasn't that impossibly hungry but if you take them only till you enter ketosis as I intended to do, I can't see why you shouldn't. Once you reach the week mark you shouldn't need them anyhow.

Good luck!

You shouldn't be taking Reductil while doing CD. This is what it says on the Cambridge website.
Anti-Obesity Drugs (prescribed or available over the counter).
It is unnecessary for these drugs to be taken when a Cambridge weight-loss
programme is being followed. If you remain on these drugs, then the Cambridge Diet must not be used.

When you are in ketosis you shouldn't need to be taking Reductil as you shouldn't feel hungry anyway.

I have been on it for 10 days and I have lost 5 pounds which I am pleased about. Only side effects dry mouth and not needing as much sleep but I don't feel tired so that's ok

Back