Refeed Diary...

cjackson

So my reefed started on Monday. I thought I'd start a re-feed diary as someone suggested it could be useful for people just starting. So Day 1- I started by having a summer fruit maintenance shake (They are much tastier than the TFR shakes), and then for dinner I had a maintenance bar (There okay but I found it difficult to finish as its quit stodgy). For tea I was allowed one small meal so a small salad; lettuce, cucumber, peppers and onions with a tin of tuna in spring water. Was really light but filling, was a perfect start. Day 2- Again I started by having a maintenance bar with a cup of coffee, which really helps get the bar down. For dinner I had a small salad with slices of plain chicken breast, I changed a few part of the salad for more variety; lettuce, pepper, cucumber, tomatoes and some lightly grilled bean sprouts. For tea I over baked a chicken breast along with some mushrooms, thick slices of onion and green peppers. Ill post todays meal later on, hope this helps some people get ideas for their re-feed :)

Hi Cloe, it looks great!! i have my WI on Friday but dont think i can carry on so im going to start refeed tomorow, but reading your diary will help with my own planning :)

I'm glad it will be of use :). And good luck with your weight in on Friday... I'm hoping that once I've completed my re-feed ill be able to continue gradually loosing weight by exercising and eating healthily so maybe if your feeling like coming of lipotrim that could be a plan for you??

yep thanks :) tbh im sick of dieting and quick fixes, although LT works well for most its just made me feel miserable and so i dont think its right for me. Eating healthy and exercising is the only way forward, a lifestyle change.

I must say though, i learnt a lot about myself on LT, that i have more will power than i previously thought and its taught me how my body can survive on less food that i used to consume. Its also broken many of my addictions to food, i no longer fancy ice cream or chocolates, im craving salads and foods that look refreshing. So all in all, i think it was a great experience for myself and hopefully you aswell :)

Good luck hun, hope you reach your targets with ease and success :)

Well that's brilliant, I think that that's the main benefits of this diet! That it allows you to understand where you were going wrong originally and learn how to put it right when you begin eating again. Best of luck and I hope you do well on the re-feed and the new healthier life style :)

thanks Cloe, i hope it all goes well for you too, i guess it really was a much needed eye opener :)

Day 3 meal plan- Had another maintenance bar and a coffee for my breakfast. Followed with a chicken salad for dinner; again a nice mix of lettuce, cucumber, sliced onion. I also sprinkled some black pepper over it this time to add a little more flavour. For my third meal, I'm going to have a 7oz potatoe (baked), when I mash it up I'm going to mix some diced onion in with it. I'm having this will a tin of tuna in brine and again a very small portion of salad as I can see me getting full easily :). Im going to treat myself to a small glass of diet coke with this meal rather than water. Trying to avoid fizzy drinks as much as possible!

Cloe you're doing great! I will be sticking to much the same as you next week when I start my refeed. I'm doing 2 weeks refeed as I've lost more that 6 stone :)

Wow that's a brilliant loss, I only need to do one as I've only lost a stone and half. Good luck with your re-feed I hope it goes well xx

Day 4 - Breakfast - Summer fruit shake and a glass of water. Dinner- Tuna sandwich with brown bread (no spread), I also had some cucumber and lettuce with this to prevent it becoming too dry. And a low fat strawberry yoghurt. Tea- Spaghetti bolognaise; using lean beef mince and low fat sauce, ill be adding mushroom, pepper and onions along with a mixture of herbs for added flavour. 4oz of white pasta ( I forgot to pick up the wholemeal pasta whilst shopping -_- ). If I get hungry later on in the night Ive got a bag of grapes at hand in the fridge!

Thanks for this info, I'm re-feeding in a couple of weeks and quite interested to see how its going for others. Do you feel hungry at all now you're out of ketosis?

No, I'm feeling full all the time. I'm having no problems with my re-feed and whilst I'm eating small portions I'be managed to lose another 3 lbs :).

Day 5- breakfast- ive stopped having the maintainence bars now as I found them awful. So i had a glass of water and a low fat yogurt.
Dinner-Turkey sandwich, brown roll with no butter. I had a portion of salad on this. As a snack with dinner I had a small bunch of grapes.
Tea- small pork chop with all fat removed before cooking. A portion of mixed veg (carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn) and a small portion of mask potato. I added a drop on skimmed milk to mash them better as a tip. I also tried gravey tonight, I only used granules though and didn't add any thing else. (This was the best meal so far!)

Well done Cloe, you're doing great!!! :)

Starting Monday after my last official WI on TRF - I can't quite believe I will have done 27 weeks by the end of tomorrow :)

Thanks Cloe

I'm hoping so too!! You diary had been great :) x x x

Day 6- breakfast was a low fat yogurt and a black coffee.
Dinner- was out and about so had a chicken and bacon salad from asda (full of mayo I know :( ).
Tea- in order to make up for the extra fat at dinner I'm planning on having a small fruit salad

This is really helpful :), I know I'm only into week 3 but I can't see myself being on TFR long term. I'm aiming a week at a time but I did as a kick start before the old fashioned cutting down and exercise !! I'm happy I've lost a stone and aim to loose another before attempting to loose 3 and half stone with a calorie controlled food diet.
I feel happier knowing you still managed to loose weight !!
Well done x

Thank you.
I was only on tfr for 3 weeks as a kick start but I was also having issues with it. I'm glad it can be useful for someone,and like I said I've been really full and had lots of energy throughout my re-feed x

Back