Refeed so far

Ok, so I started refeed on Monday at 15st 2lbs.

I did Monday with 2 shakes, tin of tuna and a small tin of peas, probably a little more than two teaspoon (or is it table spoons?) worth. Drank 2L of water as normal.

Today I've had a shake in the morning and haven't really felt hungry at all today but on the advice of my room mate had 2 slices of toast with manuka honey and I've had a cup of tea and a coffee today with a sugar each.

While I know that we aren't supposed to have bread until day 4 I found that the tuna/peas took me an hour to eat, I feel similarly full from the toast after half an hour but at least the toast was softer, a little easier going and most importantly after 7 weeks of vanilla (not as long as some here I know) I wanted something that had a little bit of sweetness to it.

Tomorrow for my breakfast I am going to have a shake, wait until I get back in at 1730 and have a medium sized potato with a small amount of beans.

Next monday I'll take my weight at home as the scales here are comparable to within a pound of the pharmacy ones and I'll report whether my weight decreases or increases.

My aim is to do refeed in such a way that I'm not 'starving' myself to the extent that you would do on lipotrim, but I'm generally not exceeding 1200 calories for the first week before gradually building up to 1800 over the second week.

At the end of the second week I will then pop down to the pharmacist for a 'sign off' weigh in as I am yet to reach my target of 95kg by the pharmacy scales (Was 96.5kg) With any luck if I can lose 3-5lbs over 2 weeks then I know I am still making a weight loss whilst normalising onto solid foods again.

My only advice is to stick to re-feed sheet religiously. From what you have eaten, you are heading for a huge weight gain (as per the sheet 7-10lbs). I have been on the shakes for 6 months!! I too feel very full after eating, and it does take me longer to eat, but understand the importance of sticking to the sheet so as not to undo all my hard work and put the weight back on.

Wish you well, and hope the gain will not be too damaging.

Hmmmm - bread and honey on day 2?? Not really a good idea - hope you do okay though ;) x

I echo Jan & Liz ... bread on day 2 ... are you mad????

The whole point of refeed is to build your glycogen stores back up slowly so you dont pile back on the weight!!!!!!

If yer serious about keeping the weight off then you needed to follow the refeed **** to the letter!!!!

Mad? Quite possibly, I am intending on starting a career in explosive ordnance disposal in a years time. :) (As someone once said, fastest way to lose weight? Explosive removal of a limb helps - please note this guy had lost his own leg doing mine clearance in Lebanon so I'm not making light of people who do come back injured)

I must also mention, that the very first time I did lipotrim I wasn't given refeed advice at all and in the first day off it was eating a tuna and cheese panini every day at lunch in the college canteen as well as pasta/tuna when I got home...and I still lost 2lbs that week which was maintained for several months up until starting university. As my weight was bothering me again through uni I shifted the weight via lipotrim roughly this time last year (maintained and even lost some weight from Nov 6 08 till around March 09)...then hit my final year uni project and the munchies did me in. Having corrected that and not having anything to cause me the sort of stress that I know makes me overeat and having to start the physical part of my training for my intended career in 2 weeks, I don't think I'm going to have to worry too much about weight gains other than muscle mass.

2 pieces of bread and 2 female sachets of lipotrim does not a carb binge make, I should also point out if its not been picked up that I'm male so if anything I've probably still underfed for the day which has been particularly active renovating my room.

Last edited:
Mad? Quite possibly, I am intending on starting a career in explosive ordnance disposal in a years time. :) (As someone once said, fastest way to lose weight? Explosive removal of a limb helps - please note this guy had lost his own leg doing mine clearance in Lebanon so I'm not making light of people who do come back injured)

I'm really glad you qualified this because as a good family friend of ours lost both of his legs in Afghanistan last year - first reading of your post turned my stomach.

I must also mention, that the very first time I did lipotrim I wasn't given refeed advice at all

... that's a shame ....

and in the first day off it was eating a tuna and cheese panini every day at lunch in the college canteen as well as pasta/tuna when I got home...and I still lost 2lbs that week

.... lucky you ..... no - seriously, not meant to sound patronising ....

which was maintained for several months up until starting university. As my weight was bothering me again through uni I shifted the weight via lipotrim roughly this time last year (maintained and even lost some weight from Nov 6 08 till around March 09)...then hit my final year uni project and the munchies did me in. Having corrected that and not having anything to cause me the sort of stress that I know makes me overeat and having to start the physical part of my training for my intended career in 2 weeks, I don't think I'm going to have to worry too much about weight gains other than muscle mass.

2 pieces of bread and 2 female sachets of lipotrim does not a carb binge make,

... not for you maybe .... but that's because....

I should also point out if its not been picked up that I'm male so if anything I've probably still underfed for the day which has been particularly active renovating my room.

Good luck to you - you sound as though you have it sorted x

Jan my apologies if I caused any offence/ I also have family friends on active service that I've spoken to them about the more unpleasant side-effects of their jobs and it seems at times the dark sense of humour they have rubs off on me.

Thanks for your words and if I do gain by next week may you be the first in line to give me an e-slap .

HaHa .... e-slap ready and waiting! :)

I know how the black humour works amongst the armed forces which is why I said I was glad you'd qualified your post. Had I thought you were just making a joke about such things your e-slaps would have been well felt by now!! ;)

I seriously wish you well .... whilst hating you for being able to get away with all this you understand ;) .... now who could be e-slapped for their feeble attempt at humour ;) ??

I look forward to hearing how you get on (I think ;)) x

OH Jeezz .... too many ;)s .... :) x

Well, its the monday I said I was going to do my week 1 refeed weigh on my home scales and the scales show 95.6kg with the same clothes on, or 1.98lbs, since my last pharmacy weigh in was 95.6kg.

I'm thinking that the key thing behind this loss despite it being said upthread that I didn't follow the refeed to the letter is down to how I balance what I eat throughout the day while also generally calorie counting so my intake is roughly 1700 calories a day. My basal metabolic rate is roughly 2200cal so maintaining a deficit of 500cal should see me losing a pound a week (7 x 500 = 3500cal = 1lb of fat) before any exercising is taken into account.

Basically, the body uses carbs for fuel, proteins for repairs and fats for insulating/chemical balancing (excess fat in males can muck up oestrogen levels resulting in gynoecomastia, or development of actual breast tissue rather than just large fat deposits on the chest).

So, what I do is have a carb rich meal in the morning at about 0500 before work(45g of crunchy nut cornflakes or two bananas), a mixed carb/protein meal in at lunch (1300, normally a tin of tuna with a piece of fruit or two). For my evening meal which is normally around 1800 I have some grilled chicken/fish and a small serving of veg like swede, french beans or mushrooms, so its quite heavily protein based with just enough carbohydrates in it to stop me from feeling sluggish through the evening without giving me energy that I'm not going to need in the least active part of my day. I think this is why many people gain weight when they eat a bag of chips/chinese etc which is very high in carb sugars in the evening when they are not going to use the energy from it.

Another thing is I do not eat at all past 1900 so my body has to go at least 10 hours with the small amount of 'fuel' that gets put into it but also has to use energy up to digest all the protein that goes into it and effect any repairs to damaged body tissue that I've caused (work involves lifting lots of heavy stuff so incurs the same sort of tissue damage as weight lifting).

Here's hoping that when I go to my 'sign off' weigh in I have lost another kilo.

Back