REFEEDING MONDAY 21 SEPTEMBER

Well done on a great decision Iris! Personally I think it takes a lot more strength to do what you're going to than to stay with TFR. TFR is so easy - eating sensibly is by far the hardest option.

I hope that doesn't sound negative because I think it's a brilliantly positive decision for you - that you'll feel much happier about.

It's very tempting to try to sort out any gains we might have by TFRing again. Indeed I'm sort of doing this myself by just having maintenance products for 2 days but it certainly wouldn't be a good idea to try to control weight this way on a long term basis!

As you so rightly say we are all going to have to build our relationship with food back up, hopefully into a better one than we had before and we can't do that if we're not eating any! It helps that you're happy with the way you are. That way you won't be stressing about sts the odd week etc. I think you're being very sensible and I admire you for your decision.

BTW - Tan ... this doesn't mean I think you're doing the wrong thing - just in case you were thinking that (not that it would matter what I thought anyway! ;)) This was always your plan and you're sticking to it! Go YOU! xx :) xx

Hi Jan

I know what you are saying. I have struggled so much with the eating disorder and feel it is in control but only forced due to TFR and my determination and stubborn nature to stay on LT...so, making the decision to eat and to give me back the reins is both frightening but needed I feel. I am a successful woman who controls everything in her life, but yet, one area always escaped me and I am so determined to get this right and to stop allowing food to control me!!!!

So,you see, I had to do this. I was itching to get on and do it and I was starting to get cravings and I didnt like it,and I think it was showing me that I needed to start to learn a bit of self control....oh, a bit longwinded I know, and I know I think too much, but hopefully that will stand me in good stead over the next few month/years as I learn to love food and not hate it.

I do hope you are ok and getting back into the swing of things...feel so bad as I cant seem to find time to read how everyone is doing, but i hope to spend some time tomorrow at work. I stayed late tonight so that I could catch up and give myself an hour to have a good catch up tomorrow :)

Speak soon, and thank you so much too Jan for all your support, your dedication and honesty!

Thank you so much Mary....you have been a great help and real inspiration to me. Knowing maintaining is possible after TFR!

I am enjoying eating, but it is certainly more low key this time, which is what I wanted.

Will keep you posted!

To be honest Iris, I contemplated so much over foods, my choice of foods, how many calories in foods, how many carbs in foods etc etc in those first few months, that I thought I was going doo lally sometimes.

Just trust yourself, once you are at goal and maintaining, it does get so much easier and food doesnt become your number one thought. It becomes more natural and you will soon find your happy medium. Its trial and error hun as to what works for you and what doesnt.

Just weigh yourself regularly and you will soon discover YOUR foods that fight.

hi, everything you and others said is so true, and you lifestyle choices changes so much after this diet its unreal, well done on half stone gone and best of luck with wi today, i'm sure you have made the right choice, for you :)

Thanks Nicola, as always :)
I know the world of food will start to open up after re-feed and that is the big test, but I just keep saying Everything in Moderation, plus I love fact my clothes fit and I look nice, so a big bar of chocolate is second in the queue to me feeling so good!! Well, that is what I hope keeps happening, but I know temptation will be knocking on my door on a regular basis; just need to choose to not open the door :)

Take care and catch up soon.

Godd luck with your week of refeeding I hope you loose a lb
I start on Thurs and am terrified as i also am 10 lbs from my goal

Thanks and dont be terrified; read other people's experience of refeed and it will help you a lot..we all experience it in different ways, but just arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible and follow the refeed to the absolute letter...if you do have a slight gain on the first week, dont worry too much, as it will sort itself out the next week..it did with me.

Hang in there and enjoy!!!!!

As others say, totally support you in your decision :) and wish you nothing but the best. What a great weigh in to stop at, too!

I'm finding it soooooo hard to stay on course for the final few weeks, but taking one day at a time :) and hoping i will get there!

You will do this, i just know you will :)
s

Hi Elle

Oh, I have no doubt you will get there Elle, you have determination of steel.....I think it is only natural that you are nearing goal and food is becoming an issue....not surprising really, but like you say take one day at a time.

I just knew I had to start eating again, but I know you want to get to goal and your losses have always been pretty good so you should take too long.

You have done amazingly well and are a real inspiration to a lot of the newbies on the forum.....

Look forward to you getting to refeed..it will be very exciting for you!

Take care

oh Iris good for you! tough decision that one - battling with it myself (not for now mind you - maybe december) but i think its a great decision.

well done on the loss! you'll do great honey - we all have every faith in you! xxx

Aw, thanks Sarah! You are doing incredibly well.....and I am sure you will make the right decision come December, or whenever it is you think it is right to start eating again.

wow that was a great loss you only have 9lb to go to goal thats fantastic ! sooooooooooo happy for you,

:D :) ;)

s

Hi Elle

Oh, I have no doubt you will get there Elle, you have determination of steel.....I think it is only natural that you are nearing goal and food is becoming an issue....not surprising really, but like you say take one day at a time.

I just knew I had to start eating again, but I know you want to get to goal and your losses have always been pretty good so you should take too long.

You have done amazingly well and are a real inspiration to a lot of the newbies on the forum.....

Look forward to you getting to refeed..it will be very exciting for you!

Take care

Thanks Iris.
Still worried about weigh in Saturday morning, not sure what I'll do if I don't lose anything!

Ah well, will cross that bridge when I get to it :)

We will all get there!!

Hopefully you will lose Elle..have you stuck to it 100%...if so, then you know that you will lose it..but you are so close that you will be worrying that it wont shift. I am sure it will, but we know that LT can sometimes be a bit unpredictable too!!!!!

Will hopefully hear how you get on in a few days.

Take care though and try and relax.....just keep thinking that you are in no great hurry really, as you have got over the worst of it so far and are on the home straight now.

Just catching up...sorry, not been on as I have had a really busy weekend with guests.....the refeed went a bit belly up from last night,,,as I had some nibbles, etc when my friends were having drinks, etc.....I didnt have any alcohol; just a diet coke, but I did have crakers, cheese, some crisps and peanuts!!!!!!!!!!

Today hasnt been much better to be honest....but everything is almost gone now, so I will see what damage was done when I go tomorrow to the pharmacy.

I am expecting a gain of say around 2 to 3 lbs now, knowing my body..but I am prepared for that. I am not upset or annoyed...I am learning to live like a thin person..or trying anyway. Just annoyed I didnt follow the refeed to the letter for the 7 days, but then again, I did last time and gained...ahahah.so, maybe the reverse will happen (NOT) :)

We have decided to join the health club this week for 3 months....really big club with everything, including Turkish steam rooms and I can have a personal trainer...so, I plan to get them to do me a plan for the next few months and just get the toning sorted once and for all.

I am very content, very happy and not worried in any way at all. I enjoyed being with my friends at the weekend and felt so comfortable :)

I am so sorry that I am not around as much these days, but hopefully I can try and get myself organised and start to write down everything now that I eat daily!

Hope everyone is doing well; just caught up with some post.

Take care and have a good week!

good to see all ok :) and fair play to you for having the mind set you do :) you are dead right ;) talk soon

Sounds like you're in a really good place Iris! Good for you, I'm really pleased for you, you deserve it!

Please don't disappear completely though - I, for one need you around! :eek: xx

Hi,
glad you had a good weekend and great that you sound so positive, well done. The weigh in tomorrow will hopefully be fine and it is what you do from now on that matters most. Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Back