Refocus group - all welcome!

Spanglymum

Gold Member
There are a few of us around who have done well with LL before but have lost our way a bit. Join in if you're restarting/refocusing and let's help each other crack this!

I want to get back to 146lb. Will do a starting weigh in this morning (I know from weighing the other day it's not going to be nice!!) I'm doing LL packs then Exante packs, and starting to make time for regular exercise.

So who's in?!

Hi can i join you i don't do LL but i do CD. I have posted on another thread to you about the wine and vodka lol

Yes! Please do join! I'm thinking I should have put this in a different part of the site as I've only got enough LL packs for a week and after that I'm doing Exante - but it's all the same principles, isn't it? How long have you been doing CD this time round?

First day, so to keep myself out of the wine bottle and crisp packets i am sat in my bed

My first day today too. We can do this!

How did you get on?

2nd day done for me...

well done, same here sat in bed again. How have you found today

Well done ladies for getting thro first 2 days. Just hang in as you know it gets so much easier once ketosis hits
Hope your managing to function and just keep thinking of first WI
Be good and noble

Hello! Yes, starting day 3 here and already feeling so much more positive that I was. It's like I get into a vicious cycle of "I feel rubbish so I eat/drink rubbish so I feel rubbish so I eat/drink rubbish so I weigh more and feel like a failure so I might as well not try" etc etc

STOP ALREADY!!

Two days of LL packs and water and I'm already less bloated and less depressed. I can do this.

Question is, how do I stop myself before reaching the tipping point next time? For me it was the return of my bingo wings (I can feel them swaying gently as I type this - ugh!)... but instead of using that feeling to trigger more restrained behaviour, my irrational brain decided "oh well, told you so... might as well have X Y Z then"

Then the whole "I've got nothing to wear" thing starts again, which is so depressing. I even went and bought some bigger trousers on Monday because I was desperate :cry:. (Mind you, that was partly PMT-induced bloating and anxiety/panic I reckon!)

I've got a few goals to aim for: first one is a big family meal in April, with some distant second cousins who haven't seen me for two years (ie last time they saw me I was size 22). Then I'm going to NY for work in May - I am determined to be back to my ideal weight by then as I'll be meeting some US colleagues for the first time. Last time I went to NY was the trigger for me thinking seriously about LL (I was working for a different company then). You can see how I looked then on the "before" photo of me in a coloured top and white trousers. I want to go on the subway feeling slim!! (The tall gates to get in were a bit of a squeeze last time.)

Then the major goal is the summer. I didn't quite believe I'd made it to goal last year, if that makes sense, so it was only at the end of the summer that I started daring to wear short skirts and shorts and even (gasp) a bikini! I want to really enjoy it this year.

Sorry for the mega-screed. Maybe ketosis is setting in and I'm getting an energy boost?! :D

Evening ladies,
Well here we are again. Third time round for me. I am very all or nothing, either focused and walking between the lines or dancing in the tulips at the side of road :) Needless to say there have been a lot of trips through the tulips since I lost weight last lol
End of the first day today. A couple of days off work to get into ketosis and then things should be fine. I do really well for the first couple of months, then loose the will to live and return to my old patterns of eating and coping with life.
So here's to learning something new.

Onwards and downwards ladies xx

I did four weeks of LL about four years ago, so I'm only sort of a restarted but I don't feel new, so can I join please?

I'm on day one of slim and save and about to have my final pack of the day. Today hasn't been hard but the next few might, and I'm off work for2 weeks ( Easter hols) so need support and distraction to keep me on track!

I've got four stone to lose to get me into a healthy BMI, then I'll see how I feel. I'm aiming to start LL next week or the week after because I want the group support, but didn't want to wait until the doctors stuff was sorted so ordered a weeks supply from slim and save. So far I'm impressed with them.

Good luck, ladies, and here's to a much slimmer summer.

Welcome, welcome, Clara and phoenyx!! Good to see you both on here. I'm going to be mixing and matching vlcd pack weeks as I've only got a week of LL ones left, and also have a few weeks of Exante ... And have ordered the slim and save sample pack. Am determined not to use boredom as an excuse to quit! And also can't afford to do LL packs this time. Also my LLC disagrees with me doing abstinence again... I felt weird at first deciding to go against her advice, but I know that this works for me. Feeling (and being) heavier than I want is a perpetual trigger for me, a constant temptation to 'just sod it'... Whereas being at goal I find I am motivated to stay at goal. Mad, eh?

Really looking forward to seeing all our losses! Clara, do you know why you find it difficult to stick to beyond two months? Is there anything you can do differently this time round?

End of day 3 for me . Nice to see we have more with us. Wel done spanglymum for getting this far. How are you finding it ?

End of day three for me too. During the day is pretty much ok. If anything, I find it a bit of relief to not be obsessing about food and beating myself up constantly about having gained. I've got much more done at work and felt more positive,which is brilliant. Evenings are harder though. Am going to go to bed shortly!

I am already there. Sounds daft be i feel so much lighter today. The keto fairy has been so feel much better. Hope she comes to you soon.

Hi there,

I'm at the end of day one. I did LL for a couple of weeks 2 years ago, I'd just had a baby (6 months before) and it was a bad time for me. Feel much more positive this time round. Can't say I haven't struggled today though! I need forums such as this to get me through, as I'm sure some of you do also. I'm all for helping each other through! I have 3 1/2 stone to lose so hoping it won't take too long?!!

Wotcha spangly,
I think the two month/ three stone mark is my trigger as I start to feel better about myself and so loose sight of why I need to loose the weight. Also I really start to miss food and feel sorry for myself. This time I might break it down into two stone chunks, ease off then back to do the next two stone.

Hey got to get through the first week yet. Thankfully I cant feel any worse getting into ketosis than I do waking up having eaten or drunk to much with a carb hangover. Carbs trully are the food of the devil for me ... that and the ole bottle of red.

A solution will be found. The battle doesn't end until till we stop fighting x

Hi Lindsay! Good to have you with us! How was day one? Only a couple more days and hopefully you'll be in ketosis!

So.., time for some targets? April goals, seeing as the start of the month is almost upon us? Overall I want to lose 2 stone ... Am hoping for 1 stone in April. Add your April goal if you want to!

Spanglymum 14lb (0 lost, 14 to go)

Spanglymum - what reason did llc give for telling you not to go into abstinence?

Played tooth fairy last night at about 9.30 then went to bed - v early for me but it was the easiest way of staying on track. Had the slim and save shepherds pie pack and it was yum, but I always wonder how much of that is because I'm so hungry - I mean if someone gave it to me when I wasn't in abstinence....

So day 1 complete, feeling strong for day 2 (at the moment anyway), it's the last day of term do there will be lots of goodies around!

Back