Rejoining & Changing Groups

I wish I'd made a complaint now but at the time I was basically in shock so just ran out of the door!

OMG some of these stories are horrible! Eeeeek!!!!!! x

OMG some of these stories are horrible! Eeeeek!!!!!! x

I actually find it quite hard to believe that they all receive the same training as the difference in support etc is unbelievable.

It makes me feel really bad for members who go to groups where the consultant is terrible and they just put up with it becasue they don't know any better!

Such a shame that. Do you think then you may be better doing it online? Have you done a search on S W website for your groups in your area. You may just find one that suits, but of course you may have done that! Just wish you could come to my group she is really good.Hope you lose loads this week. I understand you not wanting to stay for I T if she doesnt help. How do others in your group feel?

Well I lost 2lbs although my c was talking to someone else when she weighed me so didn't even acknowledge the loss, just wrote it down - just shows though that if you have the right support like we do on here that you can do it by yourself!

I had considered doing it online but I think the 'embarassment factor' of someone else seeing my weight each week is likely to motivate me more to stick to it which is why I'm continuing with group...I wish i could come to your group too though! x x

I phoned the new consultant last night and left a message with my mobile number to let me know if there were any changes to group time (or cancellation for whatever reason) and she text me saying that she was looking forward to seeing me in group.

Still not had a call back from the previous C, or why i didnt go today!

i started again in january and with a new group. it seemed like a pretty good one and the consultant was great ... she'd lost a lot of weight on sw herself and i think had been leading this group for about 18 months. my old group had a new leader and was struggling to get its act together with volunteers etc, so it felt nice to be part of such an established group. but a couple weeks ago my consultant said she was leaving for personal reasons (boo!) and now we are having 3 leaders rotate until they can find someone new. sigh.

last week's leader seemed nice but i didn't appreciate that she belittled the former consultant (said things like "you weren't doing team points but you really should have been" - also we WERE doing them, just not the one week she attended!) also she started 10 mins late and went 30 mins over! i'm hoping it was a one-off and this week will go better.

I phoned the new consultant last night and left a message with my mobile number to let me know if there were any changes to group time (or cancellation for whatever reason) and she text me saying that she was looking forward to seeing me in group.

Still not had a call back from the previous C, or why i didnt go today!

Makes me think you are defo doing the right thing there hun! x

"you weren't doing team points but you really should have been"

Is it true that this is actually part of the thing consultants have to do?

I've been to the odd group where they have done it and I didn't really like it. I mean it's okay for one week but not all the time like!

I'm shocked by all these stories but at the same time I'm feeling lost with my consultant lately! I'm 1 or 5 that has been in her group since the beginning and I actually have the most weight lost but she seems to have no time for us 5 anymore, every weighin since Xmas she hasn't asked how my week has gone in image therapy, she just announces it and then starts clapping so I cant speak!

It's really p.me off tbh because maybe the new members would like to know what it's like to consistently lose weight 3 stone on??
also she keeps saying it's our group and she wants us to get involved but if you get too involved ie give advice to other members if they ask after class or on Facebook etc she brings you down a peg or two stating that she's the consultant.

Also last week she announced weight gains and for the third time gave SOW to a new member???

I didn't go last week as she had me so angry but the other classes are so far away :( I don't know what to do!

my new lady announced weight gains last week too! i forgot that - it was the first time i'd ever seen that. i felt really bad for the people .. she gave the amount and everything! that can't be right.

chiefbridesmaid, i think you really should talk to somebody about your situation ... the district manager person perhaps? i don't know how to get a hold of them though. does someone know?

Could you do it online if you feel better that way. Such a shame she doesnt sound much cop though!

my new lady announced weight gains last week too! i forgot that - it was the first time i'd ever seen that. i felt really bad for the people .. she gave the amount and everything! that can't be right.

chiefbridesmaid, i think you really should talk to somebody about your situation ... the district manager person perhaps? i don't know how to get a hold of them though. does someone know?

My C does that...I just assumed it was normal!! :sigh:

EEEEK!

Just to inform you my new C is a disctrict manager also! *laughs*

BUT...my new C was lovely in class last night, there were 2 of us new members, she took us both to different people who she thought could help us/buddy up etc, and was really helpful!

And text me this morning too! x

My C does that...I just assumed it was normal!! :sigh:

Really!? I would be mortified, I've had gains of up to 12lb in the past lol!

Mine just says '(name) has had a little gain this week, but she's stayed to class so round of applause for that' and then asks if you know why you gained and then if you don't do you need any help or extra support for the next week.

Can't believe some consultants announce the gains!

Clareel said:

Mine just says '(name) has had a little gain this week, but she's stayed to class so round of applause for that' and then asks if you know why you gained and then if you don't do you need any help or extra support for the next week.

Lol, that's amazing! That's so much better. I thought the idea was to name and shame you! A lady in my first group had gained 3 lbs and the c announced it and then said 'so you've had a naughty week?' and the lady said 'no, I don't know why I've put on' and the c said 'oh dear, well we know it works if you stick to it so have a think where you went wrong' and moved on. The lady was a bit red and I just sat there thinking there is no way I would stay if I gained. I can't believe that they don't all do that!!!

This forum is such a revelation to me!! x x

Clareel said:

Yeah that's what mine does! Infact I think this us what they ALL should be doing!

I just sat there thinking there is no way I would stay if I gained.

This is exactly why they shouldn't do it, if you gain and know you're going to feel ashamed in the group you won't stay, then you don't benefit from the group therapy and therefore don't go away looking forward to the week ahead. I actually think it's really mean.

I've gained many times but knowing that staying won't mean getting the gain announced is vital or I would run right out of the door! I always feel much more supported and motivated after staying to class.

Hi Girls!
There were some gains in group last WI and my C was like "we've had a little gain but she's lost an amazing (insert weight) so far" :) thats the positiveness we need xxx

Wow, can't believe how unsupportive some of your Cs are!

I went to a different group tonight - I left all my books etc at home this morning :eek: and it was easier to go home, get them and go to a different class closer to home than make the 10 mile trip back (I go to class close to my work) and I was surprised at the difference! Not 100% sure I am going to change groups but considering it!

My current class is fine, I went to a class with the same C 9 years ago so I was familiar with her. However, a couple of things have irritated me slightly. I've been doing SW this time for 5 weeks now, and have had a big loss, then a small, then big, then small and then big again this week. Last week, I was asked what I'd done that week to 'only' lose 1lb.

To me, a loss is a loss, be it 1, 2, 5 or 10lb. And I hated being made to feel as if I'd done something wrong by 'only' losing 1lb.

Also (and this may be me being picky :eek:) she said last week "pinkstargirl_85 has lost 1st 1lb in 5 weeks" but I'd only been on the plan for 4 weeks, although obviously attended 5 groups. The C at the group I went to tonight said it was 5 weeks, which is right, and how I've been thinking of it anyway. As I say, it may just be me being picky, but it was annoying!

So I may stay at the group I went to tonight, it works out better for me at work as I don't have to dash off early each week in a mad rush, I get to leave and get a little time to sort myself out at home before going to group. The only advantage of my 1st group is that it's close to my parents as well so I sometimes go there for dinner after WI.

One thing I wanted to ask - I don't have to inform my C if I do go elsewhere one week, do I? Or even if I just change groups? I assume it'd come up that I attended a group so didn't miss a week.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the ramble!

(Oh and picking up on what someone said about their food diary - my C never even asked to see mine, and I did them religiously - even putting them in the back of the book so they'd definitely see them when I weighed!!!)

Back