Reluctantly leaving LL...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by SandraEG, 3 October 2007 Social URL.

1. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi all

Thanks for all the support.

I have to cut short my LL journey despite not getting anywhere near goal due to a bit of a financial disaster. The fact is I was £10 short at weigh in last night and I have no idea where the next £66 is going to come from. I am desperately trying to sell stuff on ebay but it's not quite covering my full expenses right now. My LLC doesn't take credit cards and I have no more cash until payday on the last day of the month.

Oopps!

I'll probably hang around from time to time...

Take care all...:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Really sorrry to hear you have to stop for the time being - money issues s"*k. Hopefully you manage to make yourself some healthy inexpensive meals rather than buying cheap junk food.

Keep positive - you never know what is around the corner and money could come from the most unexpected place in the most unexpected disguise if you keep your eyes open.

Good luck

4. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Hi Sandra so sorry about the money probs. Have you considered doing Cambridge diet , it is a lot cheaper and essentially the same thing, minus the group therapy. If you are under 5 foot 8 inches tall it would be less than £40 depending on if you have bars and tetras or just packs. Also they do plans where you just have 2 packs and a calories counted meal which would reduce your costs even further.
    Do go to the web site and have a look, be a shame to give up now.

5. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Unfortunately there is no money for any of these things at the moment - I have no cash until the end of the month - doesn't matter which diet is suggested. And TBH, if I start eating, I wont be going back onto an abstinence programme when I do have money in the account.

I'm going to do South Beach and see how that goes. I know it's low carb so will hopefully fit in with what I've been doing. And I can buy groceries on the credit card in the meantime...

6. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Know how you feel Sandra...it's a horrible problem :(

7. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    ((((((hugs)))))) I do know how hard it can be...ebay is a great idea. Stay positive.

8. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    I to can sympathise, its a case of burying my head in the sand, stupid I know.

keep posting sarah xx

9. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    oops sorry sandra xx

10. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i do not want to be responsible for making you spend money you dont have - - but you say your LLC wont take credit cards which to me implies you were happy to pay that way - - so can you not use your cc to get cash from the hole in the wall?

if i have misunderstood i apologise

good luck with whatever you do and i hope the lbs continue to fall off and the £s fall upon you!

11. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi slushy,

I think the charge for taking cash from your cc is high.

xx

12. Sue456

Sue456 Member

Diet:
    LL
    Hi Sandra - So sorry to read about your money problems, do try to remain positive. You've done so well in your weight loss so far proving that you have the will power and conviction to lose weight. Going on the South Beach diet sounds like a good idea. You're almost half way to your goal and I know that you'll achieve it no matter what route you take! Best of luck!

Sue xox

13. cheerydino

cheerydino Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Oh man, I am sorry to hear that. Money problems stinks! I know how you feel.

I hope that things improve for you soon. I don't know much about South Beach diet, will have to check it out. I think buying low GI food might be a good idea to start with?

Good luck!

14. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Sandra,
    If my LLC didn't take credit cards, I wouldn't have even been able to start on this program, there is no way I could find cash every week. Could you not find another LLC in your area that does do credit cards. I am amazed that yours doesn't in this day and age.
    I do hope you manage to continue, but all the very best with whatever you choose.

15. Daisydee

Daisydee FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!

Hi Sandra

Sorry that money is the reason you have to step out of LL. Take some of the positive messages you have learned with you and as some have already said - stick to low carb and healthy choices.

Have a look on google for "the ketogenic diet" - added information may help. Also there are some good low-carb information sites.

Keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

Daisydee x:)

16. Daisydee

Daisydee FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!

Forgot to mention- loved your little link about personality stuff - my DH and I have had a bit of a laugh with that this morning.

Daisydee x

17. rubywoo

rubywoo Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Sandra,

I am sorry to hear that your leaving, I am having the same problem, finding LL v. expensive and although I have gained immensely from LL I am having great difficulty trying to find the cash for it every week... I might have to do the same thing as you soon if the money situation doesn't improve.

take care and I hope you continue posting.

xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Helen

Helen Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    I too can understand your problems - I have been paying for LL for months by withdrawing cash on my credit card and it is almost up to its limit, not sure what I am going to do when it is but will possibly be joining you.

Will miss you. Please PM me and let me know how you are getting on.

20. Lottyfern

Lottyfern Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife now CD
    So sorry U R leaving hope things get better financially and U come back to us[​IMG] [​IMG]

21. Mrs Lard

Mrs Lard Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Dear Sandra

I was sorry to hear that you are leaving LL. Maybe the enforced financial belt tightening will help you have some space from it all. You never know, absence may make the abstinence heart grow fonder. I'll make sure I check your blog but hope you'll still stay in touch.

Thinking of you and wishing you much luck and goodwill for the next part of your journey - individually and with your man.

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

22. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.1lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Snap! I'm in the same boat too. Borrowed some money from my mortgage - well, no I didn't - I took a payment break to pay for Foundation, and then borrowed some money off a credit card to pay for Management but unfortunately that money is unavoidably needed for something else, so the cupboard is bare as far as LL is concerned. Thankfully I do have lots of leftover packs to keep me going x 2 per day + 2 healthy meals. Good luck to you

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.