Hi hun hope this helps I just copied it of another thread.

If you look on the blue bit to the left of your message there is a little weighing scales - if people like something you have posted, they can click on this then add to your reputation.

When you see you have a message saying you have new rep, click on this then scroll right to the bottom of the page and you can see what message received the rep and there may be a comment.

This is from a post i posted that week - like you I was curious

What is Rep Power:confused:

Reputation Points

Reputation are the green boxes that come up beside your name. The more green boxes the more reputation points that user has received.

How do you get Reputation Power?

you get one point for every 100 post you do. Also others can give you reputation points. When you have 100 points that then is equal to 1 reputation power. So the more points the more power.

What you can do with them?

If you like what a member has posted you can give them reputation and this then will help their reputation grow.

Some members now have rep power of 1 and others have rep power all the way up to 226 or more! Which means they can give 226 reputation points.

Also, grey/black box is shown by people who give reputation comments that elect not to show reputation, and/or have 0 reputation power.

You can give people reputation points by clicking the

reputation.gif
icon

it is at the bottom left hand corner under Avatar.

You can see the comments left for you in UserCP, but not the people who have left them for you.

This is how it usually works:-

"If a person with a rep power of 10 approves one of your messages, it gives you 10 reputation points. If a newbie has no rep power and they approve your post, then you won't get any points from them (but it's kind of them anyway :) )

Your rep power depends on a number of things including how many posts you have made, how long you have been a member and how many reputation points you have.

The quickest way of upping your rep power, is to post loads and approve messages of people with high rep power, so that maybe they will reciprocate. In other words grovel :D

At the end of the day…it's just a bit of fun. Nothing to take too seriously.

Ill have some if any is spare pmsl

Irene it means your becoming a SW god!
Ruthy xxx

forgot to add, I try my best to give reputation with everyone and i sign my name too, but sometimes its a bit mean and says "spread some reputation to other people" or something like that lol.

How mean is that

Ruthy xxxx

Mines only 2 - think its only you thats given me some sonban! Maybes I should be a bit free-er giving it out though too! xxx

oh and i think bumpy0 too xxx

Rainbow ive given you 1 too hun ;)

thank you kind lady xxx i have repayed the favor! x

Awww cheers sweety!
Thanks Ruthyxxxx

Mines only 2 - think its only you thats given me some sonban! Maybes I should be a bit free-er giving it out though too! xxx

It good to share rep, have some from me :)

lol...dont really understand, it says rep power 0 !!!

Thanks for my ponits tho :)

lol...dont really understand, it says rep power 0 !!!

Thanks for my ponits tho :)

Your rep power is still 0 because you don't have enough points yet....but they are going up :)

If you hover your mouse over those little green squares, you'll see it says 'doodles has a spectacular aura about' :D

So you're well on your way to getting 'power'.

Remember that getting rep points from people is just one way of building up to rep 'power'. You get them for posting and how long you've been a member for too :)

Tried to give you 1 ruthy (ooo errr) says i need to spread it about abit first! Talk about rude hey! :) pmsl

Bumpy0 Your always trying to give me one;)
I always try and leave rep for everyone everyday it keeps you motivated, but some dont repay or are just plain tight lol.

So bumpy0 ill give you one around lunch time if your there lol
Ruthy xxx

Ta Ruthy & everyone else who sent me 1!

Thats ok hunbun
Just dont be shy when you giving some back hhahahahaha whaaaaaaaahahaha

Back