Repeat - Portion sizes!

River

Ready for the new me!
I know this has been done so many times before hehe but how big should your protein be?
Ive browsed here and then the LL forum but nothing is clear. My LLC when i asked said as it comes from the packet as your overall aim is to find this level of fullness i guess that suits you.

Im just worried as ive seen it should weigh 100g but then others said 150-200g. I had 2 pieces of salmon (one yesterday and one today) and one weighed 25g more than the other so now im worrying i didnt have enough lol.
Dont get me wrong when i finish i feel like im fit to burst and im only on day 2 lol but am i doing this right? x

Portion sizes:

150-225g Lean red meat
150-250g Lean pork
200-300g Lean white meat
200-300g white fish
150-200g oily fish
200-250g Quorn
200-250glow fat cottage cheese
150-200g paneer or curd cheese
100-200g cooked lentils, beans or peas

Hope this helps!
(copied of LadyT)
Sexy xx

Thank you my lovely :) So its simular to the lite values i guess. I had a little under on my oily fish portion then i guess. x

Hey River... :)

It's ok to have a little under, or over for that matter... As we're not trying to lose any more, theoretically, ;) ...but simply finding a good balance for our bodies, it's more about how we feel than strict weights... or at least, that's been my approach.

Generally the protein portion should be 1/4 of a regular sized dinner plate... and things often come in a portion size anyway. For example a chicken breast, a small pack of smoked salmon, 1 small mackerel, you get the idea... :)

Hope that helps hunny... and you're getting on ok with RTM so far... I'm loving it, now in my 2nd week. It's hard to know how much salad and things I should be having too, but again, am just listening to my body and not over doing it. We are in effect, creating a meal, as we add the various extras over the weeks, so it shouldn't be tiny... but not heaped either... 25g extra of salmon one day, or less the next is irrelevant really... relax and trust your instincts. I am already starting to recognise if a portion is just too big by eye, and you will too. In fact, I'm using a Diet Plate (which came highly recommended by the lovely SexyChick!) and it's great for helping with portion size! Pricey, but brilliant! :D

If you're not gaining (during the first couple of weeks anyway), you're doing it right... ;)

xx

Last edited:
Pinkie :) said:
Hey River... :)

It's ok to have a little under, or over for that matter... As we're not trying to lose any more, theoretically, ;) ...but simply finding a good balance for our bodies, it's more about how we feel than strict weights... or at least, that's been my approach.

Generally the protein portion should be 1/4 of a regular sized dinner plate... and things often come in a portion size anyway. For example a chicken breast, a small pack of smoked salmon, 1 small mackerel, you get the idea... :)

Hope that helps hunny... and you're getting on ok with RTM so far... I'm loving it, now in my 2nd week. It's hard to know how much salad and things I should be having too, but again, am just listening to my body and not over doing it. We are in effect, creating a meal, as we add the various extras over the weeks, so it shouldn't be tiny... but not heaped either... 25g extra of salmon one day, or less the next is irrelevant really... relax and trust your instincts. I am already starting to recognise if a portion is just too big by eye, and you will too. In fact, I'm using a Diet Plate (which came highly recommended by the lovely SexyChick!) and it's great for helping with portion size! Pricey, but brilliant! :D

If you're not gaining (during the first couple of weeks anyway), you're doing it right... ;)

xx

Aww thanks for the lovely comment pinks,bet your glad to be actually chewing food again lol!:D
Good luck on the rest of your journey hunny!!:):)
Sexy xx

Last edited:
River said:
Thank you my lovely :) So its simular to the lite values i guess. I had a little under on my oily fish portion then i guess. x

Hay river as pinkie said I "love" the diet plate also have a diet cereal bowl too.:):)
You can buy them off amazon,they are def helping me to maintain Hun!!
Good luck!:)
Sexy xx

Thanks pinkie for your help huni :), This part of the diet has always been a worry for me as i use to be a big portion person before as i hated to waste! but i have started (when i was on lite anyway) to straight away throw excess in the bin just to train me not to pick or pile plates high for me and the OH.
Yeh salads are another thing lol.. i just filled a bowl but it was always a bit too much so its a learning process :). Btw im soo jealous your on week two lol! I cant wait to have yogurt again and jelly!

Funny you should mention the diet plates hehe id actually seen your post a while ago Sexy and saved it hehe for this time exactly, so ive been reminded now to buy one as i think its a fab idea.

Also silly question now but ever the worrier me.. we are allowed herbal and fruit teas? I have a box of clippers green tea and lemon but it doesnt have calorie or ingredients on it so i was wondering if anyone had used it and if its ok? x

No probs hunny... it is a bit of a minefield, but you will find yourself relaxing after a week in to it... promise... :)

Re the herbal and fruit teas, yup, you can have them from week 1 babes, so go ahead! Knock yourself out! (If unsure, it lists it under the condiments and sauces heading on page 26 of the big green book) ;)

Things start getting introduced quite fast in week 2 and 3, so it's very exciting! You'll be on week 2 in just a few days, woohoo! :D

Oh, and in there it has a top tip for week 2 when you can have jelly... it says to mix it with your vanilla pack, and it makes a kind of blancmange! Might be interesting! Lol...

xx

Oh yummy with the blancmange (insane how im getting excited over a bit of jelly and vanilla hehe)! My LLC pointed out the baked oranges in the recipe book in week four as really nice and i was drooling.

I did see it in the bible but its like the "argh" moment of stepping into that freezing cold pool! Do you jump in or dont you? lol.

Im so glad its going well for you huni sounds like your flying through :) and were not to far apart in weeks as its nice to have someone with me as none of my original group people are doing LL now.

Wooo to an exciting end to our journey :D xx

Oh, the blancmange excited me too!! Lol... it's the little things eh huh? ;)

Oooh, baked oranges?! Wow, will have to try them! Not looked as far as week 4 yet, didn't think I could handle the excitement! LOL!

Oh, I hear ya about the 'argh' moment... had exactly that over the idea of adding lemon juice to things, as have got it drummed in to me to not have citrus! But been making own salad dressings using it this week, so got past it! Lol...

Yeah, nice to have you doing RTM at same time as me too... I have even changed LLC last week, as my previous one didn't even have a RTM group! So it was just gonna be me and her... and I get as much, if not more, from the actual group it self, as opposed to the counsellor... so now go 30 mins out of my way to see a different one. Bit of a hassle, but it's a great group of about 8 women, all at different stages of RTM, so ideal really...

Definitely big 'wooo' to an exciting end to our journey hun!... I'm so proud of us! ;)

xx

(By the way, your sig says 'reached goal 31st June 2011! You sure that's correct sweetie?) xx

Oh haha thanks for pointing that out lol im a dope! Seriously my brain lately is just non functioning and when people ask me stuff im like a rabbit caught in the head lights! but thanks hun for pointing it out lol!

Yeh my tea has lemon and im it bit argh.. especially after my nandos episode when they put lemon on my chicken im a bit "curse you lemon!".
Oh really? Im not sure if i have a close one, its just me and her too and i cant drive so im a bit b*ggered sticking to this one :(. Hope it works out well i know i loved the input of others and it was nice to know what they found worked ect.

Its like foods totally been invented for me and i think i appreciate it more now and just dont guzzle a whole plate in a second but i know my limit with it aswell. Yes yummy, a rhubarb one too! Blonde logic has a recipe on here in her RTM recipe thread with rhubarb baked which sounds so much nicer than the book one so i think ill try it week 3 hehe :p xxx

Back