Reptile lovers!

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by wannabeminime, 6 October 2006 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

Just been watching 'Galapagos'. I would love to visit here one day, what an amazing place! I just LOVE the giant tortoises! I have 3 myself, just the usual spur thighed med tortoises, as found many years ago in lots of gardens, when they cost £1 in the local pet shops. Thank goodness they are now protected from being imported!

Any other reptile lovers out there??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    I have kept lizards since I was 18. I'm 33 now and my last remaining lizard I have had for the past 14 years :)

He is a berber skink called blossum, my mum used to have a female and they actually bred and we be came grandparents. :D

4. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    oh I cant stand them...I remember an ex boyfriend had an iguana....eeuuugghh!! Wish them no harm, just keep them away from me!

5. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    Thanks for that

6. wannabeminime

Glad i'm not alone Chicken! I find them fascinating, having a dinosaur (or 3) in the garden!

7. SkinkWitch

SkinkWitch I've got the power

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    *Dusting off an old thread*

I love reptiles and amphibians too.

I have a baby hermann's tortoise called Fifi, a blue tounged skink named Sullivan (she is mega agressive though, only I can handle her), and a white's tree frog named Beau, who is a total sweetheart, my little darling, she changes colour with her moods. :)

I also keep giant snails, which I find completely graceful and beautiful.

8. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    Ever since i was little and my mam and dad took me to this animal place which had iguanas ive loved them.. never had one.. but i would deffo when im older.. they used to have two iguanas called wallace and gromit..
    so cute.. i love how their skin feels and everything..

x x

9. pink-sarah

pink-sarah Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cwp
    i have a hermans tortoise called stupid! had him for 3 years now and we all love him... he just wanders about all day if im in the house..

10. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    We have three Crested Geckos called Sid, Kurt and Titch - don't know whether they are boys or girls yet as they are still young. They are the cutest little things!

Reptiles are cool!!!

Carol x

11. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    My brother has got a bearded dragon called Archie and a fire salamander called Syd x

12. CarrieS

CarrieS Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    fellow lizard lover

Hi,

Ive got two bearded dragons at home - used to have three but the male died a year ago. They're called Rita and Sue (male was Bob!)

I watched 'Life in cold blood' last night and though it was great. Poor lonesome George! Wish I could take him home.

x:D

13. dawnyblue

dawnyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

we've just got a Hermann's tortoise,

a bit of an accident really, we were given one that was about 2 1/2 years old, he was tiny (weighed 27g when he died and 25g when bought 18 months earlier) and hardly moved or ate or anything. I was worried the move had upset him but was told he's always like that. 4 days later he died!!!!

I didn't know how to tell my little boy so we went out and bought a replacement, he was the same size (26g) and under 1 year old. He dashes around all the time and messes about in his water and eats for England. The one we were given was obviously very poorly and I no longer feel guilt it was something we did.

If anyone has any tips or anything they'd be greatly received, we've only had the new one 6 days. we feed him lettuce, dandelions, tomato and grapes.

He's always falling back in the water, fortunately when we are around, can they get themselves back up?

He's a great addition to our family, I can't wait for the warm weather so he can go out in the garden!

14. wannabeminime

Hi dawn, look here for advice;

Shelled Warriors :: Index

Tortoises can be tricky to look after so please seek advice from the professionals. Good luck!

15. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
  16. dawnyblue

dawnyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just had a quick look, it's just what i need, will probably spend lots of time looking on there, thanks very much :D

17. curly carly

curly carly Member

Diet:
    slim fast
    I have a bearded dragon called dave and he is three. great pets!

18. ratty

ratty Full Member

Hope your tort is getting on well dawnyblue!

Last edited: 15 September 2008
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.